Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Announcing Our New 'Flash Photography' Competition

last reply
142 replies
6.5k views
6 watchers
96 likes

They say a picture is worth a thousand words and that’s what we’re looking for with our new Flash Photography competition. Using one of the three pictures linked below, we’re looking for a sexy flash fiction story. As with all flash stories here at Lush, the maximum word limit on this is 1000 words.

Theme

The theme is wide open on this one, so get your creative juices flowing. Sometimes the picture itself will immediately spark an idea, but if not we always suggest having a look through the different available genres for further inspiration.

Please include one of the three given pictures as a cover image for your story. If you want to amend it slightly to incorporate your own title/author information, that’s absolutely fine, so long as it’s clear which original picture was used.

This competition will run throughout August, with the winners being announced early September. Full details here.

The Next Competition

Just a heads-up that the next competition will be a Noir theme. Because those stories can often be very character-driven, with complex plots and back-stories, the word count for this one will be opened up to the maximum 10,000 and will have a longer running time. We expect this one to kick off mid-September and run for probably two and a half months. More details nearer the time, but consider this your heads-up in case you want to tackle this one.

Woohoo! worship :worship: :worship: One thousand words hits Kimmi's sweet spot! 😊

Are we permitted to take the inspiring picture and add our title to it for our cover picture?

Am I a good witch, or a bad witch? History will decide

Quote by krystalg

Are we permitted to take the inspiring picture and add our title to it for our cover picture?

You are ordered to smile

Quote by Jen

You are ordered to smile

Yes, Mistress. I live only to serve your pleasure.

Hmmm…flashing, eh?

Let the rum begin!

An incredibly talented, but modest Polar Bear, often mischievous, but never malicious!

Oh, two comp stories that I just might, perhaps possibly be able to finish (unlike the 5 or 6 I'm currently working on 🙀) Thanks for the heads up for the next one, it's really thoughtful. Xxx

does it gots to be a flash story and not a poem? asking for myself. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

I like this one much. 1000 words and I can definitely get a mileage out of this pictures. The first one speaks to me the most but we'll see.

The noir one might be a challenge for me, though. While I have read some noir, it's not one of my usual genres and finding time to write longer stuff for here isn't easy (due to need for discretion).

A poem for your enjoyment. Little something that came to me a couple days ago

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-mistake-4

Quote by sprite

No poems. Well, I mean write one if you feel inspired to do so, but not for the competition :)

Quote by JustPassingThrough

The noir one might be a challenge for me, though. While I have read some noir, it's not one of my usual genres and finding time to write longer stuff for here isn't easy (due to need for discretion).

If I can write Noir, you can write Noir...probably better.

Quote by Jen

No poems. Well, I mean write one if you feel inspired to do so, but not for the competition smile

how about if i write a poem and then write a flash based on the poem? i already have a title. that's all i really need, right?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Hello, is anybody there? Yoooohoooooooooo I have a question.

Is the 2nd picture with gold glitter sprinkled about a dude or a dudette with short hair? The face looks kinda feminine, but I'm thinking dude confused

I'm maybe thinking that one, even though a nature setting is my preference. Gonna go outside my wheelhouse, I think.

Quote by KimmiBeGood

Is the 2nd picture with gold glitter sprinkled about a dude or a dudette with short hair? The face looks kinda feminine, but I'm thinking dude confused

I'm maybe thinking that one.

Funny, I see a woman (and not gold glitter-sprinkled silly ).
But you should write about what you see.

Curiosity is one of those insatiable passions that grow by gratification.

Quote by KimmiBeGood

I'm maybe thinking that one, even though a nature setting is my preference. Gonna go outside my wheelhouse, I think.

I actually don't know the person's gender. I liked the vagueness of the picture. Could be glitter, paint, fire. Up to you smile

Quote by KimmiBeGood

I see a golden godling, borne of the essence of the animal passion of man and the eternal, loving, lusty desire of woman--an amalgam of the sexual force of both, more powerful than either, in perfect, sensual union. so, as AC said, it is what you see.

Thank you, Ladies! kiss

Krystal, love your description! Wow! Now, what I was thinking seems very inadequate. Ha! Back to drawing board ..

Quote by KimmiBeGood

either or. it's any gender you wish to write about.

Thanks, Sprite smile I'm sticking with a dude :)

Quote by KimmiBeGood

Thanks, Sprite smile I'm sticking with a dude :)

"dude", in our house, covers all genders, btw. i get in trouble with that a lot when i call someone a dude here. I'M FEMALE! yeah, right. dudes are females too. :)

Quote by sprite

I wanted to ask the same as it definitely poked some poetic embers for me. I think I'm sneaking in a few lines to start off too 💥

Quote by KimmiBeGood

Krystal, love your description! Wow! Now, what I was thinking seems very inadequate.

NO, it wasn't! It was just different.

Quote by sprite

"dude", in our house, covers all genders, btw. i get in trouble with that a lot when i call someone a dude here. I'M FEMALE! yeah, right. dudes are females too. smile

Interesting. I supposed "dude" is more an attitude or personality than a gender. I call my son "dude" sometimes but I can't see myself calling either of our wives that way (his is probably more of a dude than mine anyhow). Maybe an age thing.

Quote by krystalg
If I can write Noir, you can write Noir...probably better.

Maybe. When the time comes, we shall see. I do have a story that was (IIRC) a comp runner-up on Stories Space that definitely has a noirish element to it (ex-con stops a mugging and takes the young mugger under her wing). Just never done a full-on noir before, let alone an erotic one.

Er... is the third picture meant to be sideways...?

GrushaVashnadze's best stories:

Alison Goes to London (RR) - "love this... fun, and funny, and sexy" (sprite)

The Cursed Cunt (RR) - "holyyyyy sheeeiiit.... Your writing is fucking fantastic" (CarltonStJames)

A Worthless Filthy Fucking Smoking Trash Cunt Whore (RR) - "Brilliantly done. Of course." (naughtyannie)

Snow White and the Seven Dildos (RR) - "Fuck. It's perfect.... honestly genius and so fucking well executed." (VioletVixen)

Metamorphoses (RR) - "so imaginative and entertaining" (saucymh)

And There Came Two Angels to Sodom - "What a deliciously worded story! So juicy, so raunchy" (el_henke)

Fuck-Talk (with VioletVixen) - "Jeez. I feel rendered wordless by how much clever fucking fun this is" (Jaymal)

Quote by GrushaVashnadze

Yep!

Quote by GrushaVashnadze

I think they are formatted to be optimal for cover images (and, no, I still don't like the current cover image format but whatever).

Well, discussions here led me to an idea that basically wrote itself. It's a character I haven't written before, but my cat liked it, so I hit Submit! yes

My current mindset still won't write sustained hot sex, so I did best I could with what I have to work with. 😊 I look forward to the 100 other entries that I imagine will grace this comp!

Kimmi out...

Quote by GrushaVashnadze

G, I just turned it around and found the focal point still fit in the cover art box when I was testing out the different pics.

Quote by KimmiBeGood

...but my cat liked it, so I hit Submit! yes

If my pussy likes it, I also submit the story. That's a good metric in my opinion.