Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Announcing our "Money Talks" Story Competition, $250 First Prize!

last reply
82 replies
7.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Well... as some of you know by now... my entry is up. It was tough recreating something I had already invested some time into, but the final product is, in my opinion, much better. I stared off with a story at about 2300 words... which gave me some wiggle room to fix some things that needed to be addressed. I asked a couple of really good friends to look my story over and give me some feedback. From there, I tweaked, adjusted, added, & subtracted to what you see now at just over 2900 words. So, here's my shameless plug... if you are interested in a different take on a foot fetish story, I ask you give my tale of desperation and an indecent proposal a try.

Lurker
0 likes
Here is my addition... better late than ever...

good luck to you all, I just want to add a little bit to it lol

Along came a

Matriarch
0 likes
Any late stragglers, I urge you to get your entries in, in the next day or so, otherwise they are unlikely to meet the minimum # votes criteria.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by principessa
I have not entered a competition in a while, but had an idea that I thought would work. I would appreciate your taking the time to read it and perhaps letting me know what you think with a comment.

It is "Prescription for Ennui" and here is the link:

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/prescription-for-ennui.aspx

Psst. Typo alert. shouldn't it be Henri, not Ennui? btw, best of luck.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Well, as mine was the first to be entered, I fear it may have become lost in the veritable avalanche of excellent submissions. I might as well give it a last minute plug.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/reluctance/mallory-monroe-birth-of-a-streetwalker.aspx

While most stories focused on the and erotic aspects of selling sex, I felt I'd explore the darker emotions involved in the real world of prostitution. Whit that in mind, I related to the streets I myself haunted in my younger days. Mallory is a fiction, but she is based on women I spoke to many times on those streets in the Pomona Valley. My hope is only that the reader feel the desperation that drives young women into that line of work.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Scores are up and I will admit... I did better than I expected. Now it's up to the judges. Good luck to all the entrants. I don't envy the judges on this one.
Testing The Waters.
0 likes
My score surprised me as well. Twist endings -- even happy ones -- don't often fly.

Trying to stay within such a small wordcount isn't exactly my comfort zone, either. Most of my setups are longer than that.
Lurker
0 likes
Good luck all!! There are lots of great entries!!

I would hate to be one the judges!!
Chuckanator
0 likes
Quote by NymphWriter
Scores are up and I will admit... I did better than I expected. Now it's up to the judges. Good luck to all the entrants. I don't envy the judges on this one.

Where are these scores? Who won? I only want to know so I can hit them up for a loan.

BTW here is my entry.
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/wife-lovers/the-answer.aspx
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
Why did the competition close last night but reopen again today? I'm so confused.
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
Quote by ChuckEPoo
Were are these scores? Who won? I only want to know so I can hit them up for a loan.

BTW here is my entry.
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/wife-lovers/the-answer.aspx

For some reason last night it was closed and everyone could see their scores, but now they're closed off again. As if the competition was still in play. Don't know what's happening.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by Poppet
For some reason last night it was closed and everyone could see their scores, but now they're closed off again. As if the competition was still in play. Don't know what's happening.

It seems the extended it one more day. I'm happy as I just picked up some more scores. Good, bad, or otherwise... I'm glad I only entered and that I don't have to pick the winner.. it's going to be a tough choice.
Matriarch
0 likes
Ok, I'll try and explain.

If I put the closing date as the 12th (midnight), it publishes the 12th as the closing date on the competition page, automatically. That's all good.

The trouble is, it somehow has to be linked to the server time of the site. For some irritating reason, every competition it closes off a day early. It is still the 12th.

So I have to manually open the competition again, and set the 13th as the deadline. The 12th remains the closing date, but it will show the 13th automatically as the finishing date, on the competition page - which is wrong. Confused yet?

Gav will fix this once and for all, with any luck, after the mongo server is upgraded.

Nobody should really be submitting a story on the last day of any competition. If they do, they run the risk of not qualifying as each entry needs at least 10 votes.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by nicola
Ok, I'll try and explain.

If I put the closing date as the 12th (midnight), it publishes the 12th as the closing date on the competition page, automatically. That's all good.

The trouble is, it somehow has to be linked to the server time of the site. For some irritating reason, every competition it closes off a day early. It is still the 12th.

So I have to manually open the competition again, and set the 13th as the deadline. The 12th remains the closing date, but it will show the 13th automatically as the finishing date, on the competition page - which is wrong. Confused yet?

Gav will fix this once and for all, with any luck, after the mongo server is upgraded.

Nobody should really be submitting a story on the last day of any competition. If they do, they run the risk of not qualifying as each entry needs at least 10 votes.

Makes sense to me Nic. I thought it said July 11, not July 12... but maybe that was my mistake. Gav can fix this... he's a miracle worker when it comes this kind of stuff.

I still don't envy the judges... they've got a lot of work ahead of them.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
There's a contest going on?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by sprite
There's a contest going on?

Only for a few more minutes Sprite. Don't stress it sweetie! Just read a few of the stories.