Announcing our "Gothic Erotic Stories" Competition - WIN $150

last reply
36 replies
3.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
Drawing inspiration from the Gothic genre, this competition will focus on architecture, romance, horror, and something that is dark and thrilling.

Competition Theme

The gothic genre feeds on a pleasing sort of terror. The setting of your story is important. The buildings and scenery harbour secrets, and provide a dark and sensual backdrop for the story.

Examples of Gothic fiction, are Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, the works of Edgar Allan Poe and Bram Stoker’s Dracula.

Stories should be dark, thrilling and sensual. They can either be set in the historical "Gothic" period, or you are welcome to take a modern day slant to the theme.

The stories must have an overriding "Gothic" feel to them.

Stories must be between 7,000-8,000 words in length.

Dates and details can be found here.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
if i can find the time, think i'd like to give this one a go.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Primus Omnium
0 likes
I've never been one to turn down a challenge, if it comes to doing something I enjoy.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
What a cool new category!!! Sounds like a challenge I'm up for.
Lurker
0 likes
Since my entries for both the Historical and New Experiences competitions would have been perfect for this one, I love this theme. I just wish that I could resubmit my story Into the Shadows. Hell, it’s so damned gothic I even made the name of my main character an anagram of Stoker!

So, I’ll have to see if I can come up with a third piece of gothicana…
0 likes
I love classical Gothic fiction so may take a swing at this one.

Other themes in Gothic fiction that Nic didn't mention but that might be helpful in Gothic erotica:

- Family secrets and hereditary curses
- Byronic, often cursed, heroes
- Decadence and depravity as the cause of said curses
0 likes
Ooh I love a challenge ...hear that clicking sound, yes? That's the grey matter whirring into action.
Might need a bit of lubricant...
That's better
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Oh, hell yes.

Between 7000 and 8000 words is a hard window to hit though. Not too short, not too long.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Oh that sounds like a very tough and specific theme. Good luck to those who enter. A talented writer with experience in this genre will be tough to beat. There's potential for some really interesting (or really awful) entries this time.
Devil's Advocate
0 likes
Hmmm... Looks like I'm brushing the dust off my aborted magical competition entry.

But between 7,000 and 8,000 words... It's going to be hard to stick the landing on that one. Damn!

Good luck, my pretties.
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Wilful
Hmmm... Looks like I'm brushing the dust off my aborted magical competition entry.

But between 7,000 and 8,000 words... It's going to be hard to stick the landing on that one. Damn!

Good luck, my pretties.

YAY! new Will story!

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix
Oh that sounds like a very tough and specific theme. Good luck to those who enter. A talented writer with experience in this genre will be tough to beat. There's potential for some really interesting (or really awful) entries this time.

i'm going for awful. no one does awful like i do. smile

Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
hmmm .... what a delicious theme!

I may have to dust off my keyboard .... hmmmm ....

Van
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by VanGogh
hmmm .... what a delicious theme!

I may have to dust off my keyboard .... hmmmm ....

Van

use that canned air stuff - it's waaaay better than a feather duster.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by seeker4
I love classical Gothic fiction so may take a swing at this one.

Other themes in Gothic fiction that Nic didn't mention but that might be helpful in Gothic erotica:

- Family secrets and hereditary curses
- Byronic, often cursed, heroes
- Decadence and depravity as the cause of said curses
- Ninja kitty assassins

fixed that for you smile

Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
Quote by sprite

use that canned air stuff - it's waaaay better than a feather duster.

true ... yet, the feather duster has a more gothic feel to it, doesn't it?

Van
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by VanGogh

true ... yet, the feather duster has a more gothic feel to it, doesn't it?

Van

oh, good point. might be a good idea to put on the ol' corset before i sit down and write, too.

0 likes
Quote by sprite

fixed that for you smile

Oh, I just took that as assumed. Everything needs Ninja Kitty Assassins. Fighting Zombie Samurai Pirates if possible.
Gentleman Stranger
0 likes
Is it true that all stories in this category will be required to begin: It was a dark and stormy night... ?
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by stormdog100
Is it true that all stories in this category will be required to begin: It was a dark and stormy night... ?

only if they're written by a beagle... you're not a beagle, are you...?

Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by sprite
if i can find the time, think i'd like to give this one a go.

I will if you will.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by MadMartigan

I will if you will.

deal

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by GingerTamer

If Bram Stoker, one of your fellow countrymen can do it...

Stroker *Giggles*

Lurker
0 likes
"Countrymen" -- snicker.