A Link Back to The Forums Index Page

last reply
4 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When editing ones profile or looking at PM's there's no link back in the navigation section to the index page of the forums. sad Could one be added?

Also, whilst I'm here... perhaps making the header of the forums the same of that on the general website?
CuriousJayUK -
CuriousJay means that I have a few things, some concerning certain taboos, I am curious about. Not that I am bi-curious.
Matriarch
0 likes
Thanks for the feedback Jay. I will pass these items on to our programmer.

I take it you mean the red header bar is a different size on your second point? For me, the forums span 100% of the page, but the stories side of the site about 60%. I think it depends on what screen size you have, and resolution. It's very hard to program in something that works on every machine.

But yes, the link back to the forum would be a good idea
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Perhaps pictures would help here?

Rather than the forums header being this: Clicky
I suggest it'd be like this: Clicky (perhaps with the exception of the latest forum post part, though, to make it easier you may as well keep this here; depends how it's all coded)

Why do I suggest this? ...to make the interface/navigation more user friendly and it keeps a standard.

Understand?
CuriousJayUK -
CuriousJay means that I have a few things, some concerning certain taboos, I am curious about. Not that I am bi-curious.
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by CuriousJayUK
Understand?

Yes, totally. I agree with the standardisation, however it's hard to do - the forum is an off the shelf add on, and there are controls / links at the top which are related to the forum, and totally unrelated to the stories side of the site for example.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hmm, OK, well, maybe if LushStories earns enough from ads eventually you might wish to consider investing in IP.Board or vBulletin (I personally prefer IP.Board); the possibilities are endless with these. biggrin

Anyway, OK, understood ... feel free to lock this topic ...or whatever you do around here when a topic has be resolved/answered.
CuriousJayUK -