last reply
201 replies
14.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by Raza
The point is, Liz, this is an adult site. If people are that sensitive that they can't even look at the word " " without being offended, then adult sites are not the best places to be.

I find it disheartening that Nicola is trying to push things forward, trying to evolve the site and encourage more people to use it, thus ensuring the site's future, yet people are trying to put a negative spin on it.

I see things that offend me all the time, but I tolerate it, don't whine about it, because I'm an adult and can tolerate things I don't like. Fictitious stories don't hurt anybody; that's the point I'm making.

People can make their own decisions about whether or not Lush is for them, then come and go as they please. The restriction on the discussion of on other areas of the site is out of respect for people with sensibilities about the topic for whatever reason. I'm glad you are a thick-skinned individual that does not find the subject objectionable, but other people do. Live and let live.
0 likes
Quote by Raza

Nobody asked you to say it.

wow, that was rude. with only 54 posts, you're not really making a great impession here. We are a community. Don't start out like a bully, you'll get a bad reputation really fast.

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Simmerdownchick

wow, that was rude. with only 54 posts, you're not really making a great impession here. We are a community. Don't start out like a bully, you'll get a bad reputation really fast.

I'm not a bully and I'm never rude. Your community is going to change a lot now stories have been reinstated; just give it time.

On the subject of being rude, I'd like to ask you about a previous comment in which you referred to writers "submitting crap stories". With erotica, everybody's tastes are different. What seems crap to you, might be excellent to the next person. Your post was a lot more rude than anything I've ever said. Have you ever thought that some people may even deem your stories to be "crap".

So in your opinion, what elements of a story make it "crap"?

Quote by Simmerdownchick
Something that kinda concerns me is there are so many categories, some writers will submit crap every other day, worse than we've seen before. It may overwhelm the mods and take longer for stories to post.
0 likes
Quote by Raza

Welcome to Lush, dude.

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Simmerdownchick

Welcome to Lush, dude.

Thanks. I'm glad to be here.
0 likes
Please stay on topic. If you want to discuss stories, there are plenty of other threads. There's also the think tank for anyone who fancies some healthy debate, drama and argumentation.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by browncoffee
Please stay on topic. If you want to discuss stories, there are plenty of other threads. There's also the think tank for anyone who fancies some healthy debate, drama and argumentation.

Probably not a good idea. A thread entitled "Elements of a story that make it crap" wouldn't go down too well. Lol. I'm up for some heated debate but I don't wonna cause any trouble.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by browncoffee

you know i get all wet when you go all stern like that.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sprite

you know i get all wet when you go all stern like that.

She's certainly stern. She got me quite excited as well.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Annamagique

Well, you are certainly making sure that your opinions are heard for a 1 week old member!

Seriously? You need to catch up on your maths homework. I've been a member for 4 months. And I like that whip. That'll put me right in my place?
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by Liz

I'm the same. Cappuccino, linguini, mellifluous, quiver, lacuna, amaranthine... *dreamy sigh*

Leviathan. Aquiver. Numinous. Azure. Circumloction. Ahhh. I feel better.

Quote by Raza

You're encouraging people to write a story that "shows the true damage it causes, rippling across families and generations". You know full well that stories on Lush are meant to be erotic and titillate, yet you're encouraging people to write daft stories that show the damage causes.

Put that aside and remember we're talking about fictitious stories here, and answer me this: what damage does a fictitious story in text format do to anybody's life?

I think that most stories here are meant to "be erotic and titillate," but certainly not all. I've dealt with grieving, PTSD and the complex power dynamics within a BDSM relationship (and gotten RRs for dealing with all three subjects). I've seen other writers deal with sexism, coming out, the depersonalizing aspects of being a sex object, dystopian societies, the transnational nature of sex, and plain old human loss and suffering.

If I had stronger feelings toward the subject I might write that angry I-word story myself. But I don't, so I am writing about retrofuturistic submarines, Tesla towers, and the Golden Ratio instead. And I should be getting back to that now.

Chill out, Monkey-boy. You are seeing controversies where none exist.

Special K, I will stay on topik from here on in. Sorry.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Raza
Seriously? You need to catch up on your maths homework. I've been a member for 4 months. And I like that whip. That'll put me right in my place?

It's the American dates, get me every time but doesn't change the sentiment.
WooHoo!!!! 27,000 views! Could I dare to hope for a famous story...

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/milf/the-runner.aspx
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Annamagique
Like double posting!

Cool. Look, you're 138 years old and 136 years old, so you're 2 years older than I am. But I'll admit, the Americans always seem to do dates the wrong way round. I've told them loads of times but they don't listen. Never mind. You're cool. I love your sentiment.
Weaver of Words
0 likes
Quote by Raza
Are you telling me that if that person had of spelled out the word " " he would have been in breach of site rules? I don't think so. I've seen the word " " spelled out on a t least 6 occasions on this thread alone, and nobody's mentioned it breaking site rules.

His whole post wreaks of childishness. It's someone who has thrown their dummy from the pram because they can't get their own way.

Just pointing out that some people may also just be trying to follow the rules. And calling people childish because they either want to follow the rules or have personal reasons for not spelling it out IS rude and being a bully just because the word doesn't bother you. You really are gonna quickly get a bad rep on here if you keep this up.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by adele

Just pointing out that some people may also just be trying to follow the rules. And calling people childish because they either want to follow the rules or have personal reasons for not spelling it out IS rude and being a bully just because the word doesn't bother you. You really are gonna quickly get a bad rep on here if you keep this up.

I'll get a bad rep coz I'm a very naughty boy. You're gonna have to spank me on a a regular basis. But I'm not a bully and I'm not rude. That's not my style.

Nobody's broken any rules, so chill out. We've moved on from that, so I suggest you do too.
0 likes
Quote by Raza
So in your opinion, what elements of a story make it "crap"?

Sorry, wasn't saying categories I don't want to write in, personally, are crap. Everyone has their own thing and I fully understand that. I don't judge. What I meant was, with all of the categories, there are some who may rush through them. As writers, we appreciate a well put together story. Good sentence structure, etc.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Simmerdownchick

Sorry, wasn't saying categories I don't want to write in, personally, are crap. Everyone has their own thing and I fully understand that. I don't judge. What I meant was, with all of the categories, there are some who may rush through them. As writers, we appreciate a well put together story. Good sentence structure, etc.

Yeah, yeah, I get ya. Sentence structure makes a good story. Listen to stormzy. He's never heard of sentence structure and he's doing alright for himself.

https://youtu.be/RqQGUJK7Na4

Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by nicola
Having given this matter consideration, I don't really want to have more than one badge with the word, "Omnium" in it.

How about, on top of the existing Ominium badge (translation from Latin, meaning "All") we add a badge for authors published in 80%+ of our categories? That way, you can leave out any categories you don't wish to write in.

There are 51 categories at present.

If we introduce a new badge, what should we call it?

"Naughty 40" - published in 40+ categories.

"Eager Beaver"

"Mélange"

"Medley"

Any suggestions?

Now this is a fair and reasonable suggestion. I like "Naughty 40" and "Eager Beaver". It would give those who are striving for the Omnium a reward for their efforts towards this, and an option for those who are much more uncomfortable with certain categories, whatever they may be.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by LYFBUZ
Keeping with the Latin theme:
excitable: cum mobiles (eek no)
body of work: labore corporis (nope)
enticer: Raptor (Verbal might like that one)
entices: illicit
prolific writer: siccos (lol)
eighty: octoginta (don't let Sprite decide)
hot writer: calidum scriptor

80 = LXXX (my personal fav, simple and to the point) "L" for Lush, XXX for erotica, its damn near perfect!

EDIT: plus LXXX = 4 letters, just like LUSH, and it would be pronounced licks...80 being representative of the 40/51 categories or 80%

Of course the sexy Canadian would come up with a brilliant idea. LXXX
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by Raza
That is most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in all my life.

Do you honestly think people will pay to read stories on Lush when there are at least a million stories on other sites for free?

The whole point of bringing back is to raise traffic, raise revenue and get the good people back on Lush. How are people going to know that Lush now accepts stories if it's hidden away inside the vault which nobody can access unless they make a payment.

We need to get the word out. I suggest putting a big banner on the homepage saying "INCEST STORIES ARE BACK ON LUSH."

Yes, I do think those who enjoy reading these stories would pay or already are paying members (or paid members as is the case with the platinum members). You said it yourself the point of bringing this category was to raise revenue and I'm guessing when you say the "get the good people back on Lush" you mean those authors who once were members. Hard to say if they will return or not as none of us have a crystal ball.
Lurker
0 likes
Hiding the stories away in the vault and asking people to pay for them is ridiculous beyond belief. It's insane.

There needs to be an advert for stories on the homepage. When I visit Lush, the first thing I see is a big banner advertising breast cancer. That's gotta go. That's not erotic. That's gonna put people off straight away.

Then that banner changes, advertising personal profiles and stories. Pointless. Stories and profile names are all over the homepage already, so people don't need to be told twice. People are not that stupid.

What's the point in adding a big feature like stories and not making people aware of it? Advertise the stories on the homepage. And if the whinging-winnies moan about it, give them the option to hide it.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by Raza
There needs to be an advert for stories on the homepage. When I visit Lush, the first thing I see is a big banner advertising breast cancer. That's gotta go. That's not erotic. That's gonna put people off straight away.

My, you certainly are opinionated, aren't you?

That banner serves two purposes. It not only advertises our latest story competition but also the site's efforts to raise money for a worthy cause. Regardless of what you think of it, it will remain until the competition finishes. I personally think it reveals a more human side to the website which could be seen by many to be nothing more than a repository of erotic fiction rather than an actual online community.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Liz

My, you certainly are opinionated, aren't you?

That banner serves two purposes. It not only advertises our latest story competition but also the site's efforts to raise money for a worthy cause. Regardless of what you think of it, it will remain until the competition finishes. I personally think it reveals a more human side to the website which could be seen by many to be nothing more than a repository of erotic fiction rather than an actual online community.

I know it's for a good cause and it's a nice gesture doing a little fund-raiser for it, but it's been up for ages and it'a the first thing people see when they visit the site.

Once the comp has finished, the priority should be trying to get more people using the site. In order to do that you need to appeal to the wider audience. Remember, this is a sex site. The vast majority who visit sex sites are people looking for a quick thrill. They are not people doing fund raising or wanting to write a story for a competition.

This site has to get sleazier. It has to appeal to a bigger audience. Advertise to let people know this site is a serious sex site again; that's the point I'm making.
Charming as fuck
0 likes
Quote by Raza

I know it's for a good cause and it's a nice gesture doing a little fund-raiser for it, but it's been up for ages and it'a the first thing people see when they visit the site.

Once the comp has finished, the priority should be trying to get more people using the site. In order to do that you need to appeal to the wider audience. Remember, this is a sex site. The vast majority who visit sex sites are people looking for a quick thrill. They are not people doing fund raising or wanting to write a story for a competition.

This site has to get sleazier. It has to appeal to a bigger audience. Advertise to let people know this site is a serious sex site again; that's the point I'm making.

Thank you for your opinion. We will pass it on smile
Matriarch
0 likes
I am going to lock this thread now as it's veered so far off track, the original message is getting lost.

I should have perhaps posted it as an "Announcement" and locked it from the off, but thought there may be some pertinent questions raised (which didn't really happen!).

Thank you for all your feedback everyone!
Matriarch
0 likes
I've asked Gav to add the LXXX badge when he gets a chance.

“Prolific writer, publishing in 80%+ of our categories.”