Greetings from Japan

last reply
12 replies
4.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
Here are some shots of this amazing country. Very glad to be here in Autumn, the colours are absolutely incredible. These photos are taken around Nikko, a place which boasts Japan's most lavish shrine complex:

This field was actually the place of a huge samurai battle many moons ago - not a bad backdrop to slice n dice to

Back proper in about a week.

Cheers,

~ Lush ~
Lurker
0 likes
Beautiful. I am jealous. The temples look great too. I'd love to see them up close and personal.

That field where the battle was is interesting too. One can almost feel the raging of battle going on still...all from the photograph.

Thank you for sharing your trip with us Lush.
Lurker
0 likes
I really love those pics, Lush. Look at the images of the gods on the first level, near the dragons. Such amazing architecture, too. I like how you captured the sun and shadow on the mountain. Like 2c said, you can just feel the history on the landscape.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Looks superb. I'd love to visit there some day.
Matriarch
0 likes
I filled up a 1Gb card with photos ....I think there's around 500. I'll shrink them all to a reasonable size and post more of the better ones.

A good FREE utility for those who are interested in mass modifying the size of photos is faststone photo resizer - get it here - http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm
Lurker
0 likes
thanks for the link to the free utility Lush. I take quite a few pictures here and there and it will come in handy to be able to mass reduce or resize.

Looking forward to seeing some more pics of Japan too. *hint hint*
Administration
0 likes
Nice to have you back. I'll catch you on IM later

And yes, more photos please
Lurker
0 likes
Women using a resizer. Suddenly, I feel inadequate.
Matriarch
0 likes
You asked for it, here's a few more

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love these pics Lushx ----in the past the Japanese people were capable of creating breathtaking beauty whilst practising unbelievable cruelty.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Spent several years in Japan, love the people and the country.
0 likes
Only a 1GB card? Sheesh. We don't travel with less than an 8 nowadays and I keep thinking we should consider going to a 16. It isn't pics that are the problem, though. It's the fact that the camera doubles as our camcorder. Hi-def video eats bytes like I eat wasabi peas.

On topic - Lovely pictures, Nicola. Never been to Japan but I'm sure the day will come. My wife's Chinese and we visit her homeland fairly often so we are frequently "in the neighbourhood". Last year she managed a side trip to Korea while visiting family and colleagues in Shanghai and I'm sure we could manage something similar for Japan.
Lurker
0 likes
I really want to visit someday... I've been to China and loved it, but I've always been far more interested in Japanese history and culture.