Art Deco Bathroom

last reply
17 replies
3.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Do you think those taps in the photo could pass as Art Deco? And what about that sink? The wall tiles are a definate no no.

We're redoing the bathroom in our 1930's built house - so it would be cool if the fittings suited the period.

Any photos of bath/shower rooms would be appreciated for inspiration. Doesn't have to be Art Deco, we're both very liberal and open to new ideas. Nothing too outrageous though, we're on a tight budget.

We've chosen the floor tiles. I'll post them next. Then you can maybe work to a theme.

Lurker
0 likes
That is a great pic, Steff.
Matriarch
0 likes
Wonderful photo Steffanie.

I'm redoing my bathroom too, but going for the modern look. Slate grey / black floor tiles, simple white wall tiles, it's fun investigating the possibilities.

1925-1940 for Art Deco. I think a clawfoot bath is a must for that period isn't it?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Those soap dishes look a little incongruous.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
There was furniture in that photo? I'm sorry... what was the question again?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

well i think she's in a bathroom ...

“There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief...and unspeakable love.” ~ Washington Irving

"Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It make you so vulnerable. It opens up your chest and it opens up your heart and it mean someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole set of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different than any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life... You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. The did something du mb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and your life isn't yours anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. Eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should just be friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. Its a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love." ~Neil Gaima
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Wait, there's a bathroom in that first picture?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by diversified

well i think she's in a bathroom ...

I need a cold shower!
Lurker
0 likes
My God, I'm open to new ideas, too. If she's in there, we won't be worrying about decorating. Sweet marmalade.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Some people see sex in everything they set eyes on.
Perhaps a household section on the forum would be a good idea.

Anyway, by amazing coincidence Nicola came up with the same floor tiles we've chosen. Classic black and white.
Ignore the toilet. That's just been placed there to make the tiles look good.

And thank you Diversified for your contribution. Floor to ceiling tiles would be worth stretching the budget for.
My husband's selflessly spending ages on the internet looking into that. I'll see what he comes up with.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i have always found the modern design for bathrooms sexy but its not always great for budgets

“There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief...and unspeakable love.” ~ Washington Irving

"Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It make you so vulnerable. It opens up your chest and it opens up your heart and it mean someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole set of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different than any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life... You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. The did something du mb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and your life isn't yours anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. Eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should just be friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. Its a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love." ~Neil Gaima
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Love the design.
Carpe Diem

Red out
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm feeling guilty not giving credit to that first magnificent photo.

It's by Guido Argentini and you can see more of his work here Femka.com

Select artists then Guido Argentini and enjoy. The sections Private Rooms and Reflections are not to be missed and the website is gorgeous.

Here's some more samples of his style - he likes using mirrors

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
He's a fantastic photographer. Love the Art Deco feel to it all. Thanks for posting these, Steff.

Cx
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
thanks Steffanie for the link. Gorgeous pictures of lovely women.
Lurker
0 likes
Damn, what a good site! Thanks, Steff.

I'm moving into an apartment soon, and I really do want it to look good like that.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
OLE!! the music in the background is like something my mother used to play on the piano when i was young