Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Serious answer needed!

last reply
18 replies
3.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Got a question that needs an answer, if anybody could help me out?! I had protective sex with a woman about 2 weeks ago, only to find out she was HIV positive! I believe I should be ok because I used a condom, should I be worried or not? Definately not hitting that anymore, not worth the risk or worries! Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
the HIV test is just a blood test.

go get it done. ease your mind.

(glad you wore a condom .... so many don't!!)
Only one way to find out. Got get tested. If not for your own sake, then for any future lovers you may have. Chances are you'll be fine since you wore a condom. Did you do anything else with this woman? Did you go down on her too? Finger her?

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Quote by lafayettemister
Only one way to find out. Got get tested. If not for your own sake, then for any future lovers you may have. Chances are you'll be fine since you wore a condom. Did you do anything else with this woman? Did you go down on her too? Finger her?

If you had any form of sore in your mouth, such as cut or bruised gums, and you perfomed oral sex - you should really get tested... No matter, you should get tested!
Quote by 1curiouscat
If you had any form of sore in your mouth, such as cut or bruised gums, and you perfomed oral sex - you should really get tested... No matter, you should get tested!

if that is the case, one will need to be retested at six weeks and again after another six or eight weeks.
Condoms only decrease your chances of contracting STD's. Skin to skin contact is what transmits most of them.

I agree with the others, you should get tested. But, you did need to be aware that a negative test for HIV, at this time, would not mean that you are in the clear. It takes time (6 months I think) before it would show up positive.
Quote by lafayettemister

No I didn't do any oral on her, it was just qiuckie sex! Both horny, and needed relief! But I will go get tested anyways, thanks!
Quote by LusciousLola
Condoms only decrease your chances of contracting STD's. Skin to skin contact is what transmits most of them.

I agree with the others, you should get tested. But, you did need to be aware that a negative test for HIV, at this time, would not mean that you are in the clear. It takes time (6 months I think) before it would show up positive.

The recent time for the virus to be shown in the blood is 3 months. So to be sure get tested 3 months after you had sex with her as well. Though if you just had a quickie as you said chances of infection are nihil, it is a good thing you were using protection.
Good thing you wore protection. As others have said have the blood test and see what the results are.

Wishing you luck but I'm sure you are okay.
"Sexual pleasure in woman is a kind of magic spell; it demands complete abandon; if words or movements oppose the magic of caresses, the spell is broken."

Simone de Beauvoir
I would get ALL of the tests done!
Take two aspirin and get plenty of fluids.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Quote by MissyLuvsYa
I would get ALL of the tests done!

Oh I so agree!

Especially for anyone who "plays a little dangerously". It's only a few blood tests and the "knowing" is easier for anyone to handle. It's the "unknown" that will wreck havoc.

but then again, there are plenty of people out there that don't give a shit if they have something or pass it on (not just HIV).
Statistically, it is much less likely that a Man might acquire the HIV virus from a Positive woman, especially if a condom is used and the sex is vaginal.

The HIV virus is passed through the blood, so if no lesions were present on BOTH parties, the likelihood of infection is practically nil.

It speaks volumes for your sexual health awareness that even for a 'quickie' you were concerned to protect yourself, and indeed her. Get tested, of course, but you have little to worry about.

I was slightly saddened by the fact that you wouldn't consider seeing this woman again merely because of her Positive status. Thousands and thousands of couples worldwide, in which one partner is HIV Positive, be they straight, gay male, or whatever enjoy perfectly healthy, active and fulfilling sex lives. The precautions these couples take are no more restrictive than those taken by couples trying to avoid pregnancy, for example, or where one partner carries the Herpes virus.

It's also worth stating that when a person responds to drug therapy, as most HIV carriers do, the virus is frequently weakened to such a degree that infection risk of a partner is significantly reduced.

To suggest that the woman in question is 'untouchable' is to misunderstand the nature, treatment and practices of HIV carriers.

I'm sure you'll be fine. As will she.

xx Steph
Quote by stephanie
Statistically, it is much less likely that a Man might acquire the HIV virus from a Positive woman, especially if a condom is used and the sex is vaginal.

The HIV virus is passed through the blood, so if no lesions were present on BOTH parties, the likelihood of infection is practically nil.

It speaks volumes for your sexual health awareness that even for a 'quickie' you were concerned to protect yourself, and indeed her. Get tested, of course, but you have little to worry about.

I was slightly saddened by the fact that you wouldn't consider seeing this woman again merely because of her Positive status. Thousands and thousands of couples worldwide, in which one partner is HIV Positive, be they straight, gay male, or whatever enjoy perfectly healthy, active and fulfilling sex lives. The precautions these couples take are no more restrictive than those taken by couples trying to avoid pregnancy, for example, or where one partner carries the Herpes virus.

It's also worth stating that when a person responds to drug therapy, as most HIV carriers do, the virus is frequently weakened to such a degree that infection risk of a partner is significantly reduced.

To suggest that the woman in question is 'untouchable' is to misunderstand the nature, treatment and practices of HIV carriers.

I'm sure you'll be fine. As will she.

xx Steph

Well said xx!!! I have a friend who is HIV positive for years now and his partner for 15 yrs is still not infected today. With some adjustments and the right precautions a lot is possible these days...
Quote by shadow_walker
Got a question that needs an answer, if anybody could help me out?! I had protective sex with a woman about 2 weeks ago, only to find out she was HIV positive! I believe I should be ok because I used a condom, should I be worried or not? Definately not hitting that anymore, not worth the risk or worries! Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Most definitely get tested and get follow up tests again after 3 months. I am sure you will be fine but thsi will give you piece of mind.

You said you found out she was HIV positve. How did you find out? Did she tell you? Someone else? If she told you, did she know she was postitive when you had sex? Did she tell you you should wear a condom or was it your idea?
There are plenty of cases of long term couples with one HIV partner who follow safe sex guidelines and the other partner does not get it. Despite what some people with religious agendas will try to tell you, condoms are quite effective.
Go and get a check and then worries over
Get checked and thank your lucky stars you used a condom!
In most places, it is against the law to be hiv positive and not tell the person whom they are sleeping with. Go get tested, depending on the results, look up the law in your area.