Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

New Erotica Author looking to network =)

last reply
4 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Hey guys!

My names Joe Hickey, author of a YA series called Secret Seekers Society. Recently I decided to try my hand at writing erotica and fell completely in love with the thrill of writing within this genre. I am also floored with the responses I have been receiving from my fans. It took me over three years of daily self promotion to even get a decent following for my YA series and it took me one month to rival the excitement for my erotica book. Crazy how popular erotica is!

I joined Lush Stories in hopes to network with like minded people who enjoy erotica and are looking to discover new and upcoming authors like myself.

I would love for people to check my Erotica website/blog where you can sign up for my newsletter and get an early access to my forthcoming Erotic Paranormal series entitled "The Dark Harbinger".

Not sure on the complete rules of this site, but I have been toying with the idea of posting a few chapters up to maybe garner some interest? Although the first few chapters are tension builders and actually lack the sex and kink that comes midway into the book, so not sure how well it would work without the actual sex.

I am very excited to network here and hopefully meet some awesome new people.

Here's my blurb for my new book:
A Paranormal Erotica Thriller.

Twenty year old Quinn is an assassin who works for FACELESS, a group of mysterious individuals who pay handsomely for the deaths of their enemies.

Quinn isn't your typical assassin, she hides a deadly secret, a secret that FACELESS has weaponized. Quinn shares her soul with an evil entity, a succubus. It’s her job to seduce the men FACELESS wants eliminated, allowing the curse of the succubus to devour the man’s soul through intercourse.

Quinn's first assignment is Malachi Wilhelm, a charming and mysterious man who has an uncanny way with words. Can she fight off her feelings for her first target, or will she abandoned the FACELESS and become their next target!

If your interested and want to sign up for my erotic newsletter (its still in its infancy, trying to work up a decent list before I begin sending out a bi weekly letter).
Matriarch
0 likes
Thanks for introducing yourself Joe.

Best of luck with your Erotic Thriller. It sounds intriguing!
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Look man, I probably won't bother with the newsletter and all that shit. But I'm not the norm. I did want to post to congratulate you on how well your YA novel seems to be doing though. Over 100 reviews on amazon is pretty cool and no easy feat. Well done and I wish you luck on all your future writing endeavors.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Thanks guys! I busted my ass off the last 3 and a half years self promoting my YA series. Its starting to pay off, some awesome things lined up this summer to hopefully continue to build on the momentum of the new release. I am shifting most of my focus onto this new Erotica venture I am pursuing. I appreciate the kind words Nicola, the newsletter is a new program I am trying to do to have a more direct contact with fans. Supposedly this is the new thing for indie writers to help build their platforms. When I first started it was all amazon reviews and book bloggers. Now, its tease and anchor them with giving away free stuff to sign up for your newsletter. Tease em with one, anchor them in with the second freebie. It seems to be working so far, and I only have the teaser set. Basically, the thought process is if they sign up for your newsletter then everyone will see it pop up in their email, industry rate is 30% conversion for those fans to click on your newsletter, where as social media is drastically low, especially facebook with its pay per post.

Anyway, thanks for sharing!

-Joe
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
I think you will fit right in here. Welcome to Lush