First competiition entry

last reply
6 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by cumbichance
I am pleased to have finished and had published my first competition entry - A Ribald Tale in Merry Olde England. I am wondering what others think of it. I did a fair amount of research before writing it including perusing the Romance of Lust - https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Romance_of_Lust/Volume_1

Congrats!!!

I will read yours once I’ve completed writing mine. Many writers here do the same - we write and post first, then read.

Please do read, vote, and comment on everyone’s story. Camaraderie goes a long way in these fun competitions. Show your support and you too will receive support. Don’t take this too seriously and have lots of fun!
0 likes
Quote by Ping

Congrats!!!

I will read yours once I’ve completed writing mine. Many writers here do the same - we write and post first, then read.

Please do read, vote, and comment on everyone’s story. Camaraderie goes a long way in these fun competitions. Show your support and you too will receive support. Don’t take this too seriously and have lots of fun!

Thanks for the advice...especially the part about not taking this too seriously! I really enjoy writing, something that my English teachers in high school would find rather surprising. I will definitely read and comment on other author's stories and look forward to reading yours.
Щíccαη Щoods Щhore
0 likes
Quote by cumbichance
I am pleased to have finished and had published my first competition entry - A Ribald Tale in Merry Olde England. I am wondering what others think of it. I did a fair amount of research before writing it including perusing the Romance of Lust - https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Romance_of_Lust/Volume_1

Congrats on stopping yourself from changing your story-line again...If ya have ever suffered such tentativeness?
It ist always a Fremen of Arrakis weirding way in my ear.

I'm not usually here to read stories this time around, I'm more the chat, cybersex, forum game patron,
und I haven't republished a thing since I've been back,
but I'm very much about Medieval Tale, Ale-House whores, chivalry und such,
so I can't help becoming abit intrigued to gander your offering after my last class tomorrow...

Have a fun day, relax und simply have fun with the competition, und gute luck to ya...
. . .♀♌TT☩✯⁂⊕⧋▽⧊ )◯( ψΨ∅ǯǮǯ∞✾❈❁✤. . .
Southern Barefoot Angel
0 likes
Hi.. Just my .
Have fun with the competition BUT if there is a competition entry in a category (genre) You aren't comfortable reading don't exit your comfort zone just to hope to get their authors vote. You being comfortable is the MOST important thing.
Me there are several genre I don't read and I stick to my guns no matter what . If I have to sacrifice a few votes then so be it.
0 likes
Quote by Ivanka

Congrats on stopping yourself from changing your story-line again...If ya have ever suffered such tentativeness?
It ist always a Fremen of Arrakis weirding way in my ear.

I'm not usually here to read stories this time around, I'm more the chat, cybersex, forum game patron,
und I haven't republished a thing since I've been back,
but I'm very much about Medieval Tale, Ale-House whores, chivalry und such,
so I can't help becoming abit intrigued to gander your offering after my last class tomorrow...

Have a fun day, relax und simply have fun with the competition, und gute luck to ya...

I had to look up your Freman of Arrakis i.e. Dune reference, a movie I remember watching and being intrigued by many years ago. Not sure what you are getting at here though.

I really love Medieval tales going all the way back to Chaucer. When I was in Grade 12, we were tasked to write a poem in Chaucerian style. I asked a friend about it who liked writing and he said he'd write if for me. I said sure. My Lit teacher liked it so much that he singled me out for praise and read the whole rather raunchy poem to the class. It got a good laugh. I was whole lot embarrassed by it but was happy to get one of my few A's in English!

I hope you like my story!
0 likes
Quote by Denim_Daisy10
Hi.. Just my .
Have fun with the competition BUT if there is a competition entry in a category (genre) You aren't comfortable reading don't exit your comfort zone just to hope to get their authors vote. You being comfortable is the MOST important thing.
Me there are several genre I don't read and I stick to my guns no matter what . If I have to sacrifice a few votes then so be it.

Thanks for the advice. I do avoid reading some genres that I find unpleasant. No matter how well they are written, I'm not going to able to honestly review them, so best to skip them.