Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Why Are So Many Girls Lesbian or Bisexual?

last reply
59 replies
5.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Head Nurse
0 likes
I can't speak for most women, only myself. But I find many men to incredibly boring to talk to. Oh my gosh. Boobs. Oh. My.

Girls: cookie batter tastes better when you smear it on with a rubber spatula.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by naughtynurse
I can't speak for most women, only myself. But I find many men to incredibly boring to talk to. Oh my gosh. Boobs. Oh. My.

Girls: cookie batter tastes better when you smear it on with a rubber spatula.

and then give a good smack or two with the spatula? . .. for um. .. even distribution of course
Lurker
0 likes
I don't believe there are so many girls who are 'bi' or lesbian. Out of all my friends only two are confirmed bisexual and none are lesbian - though many of us have encountered ... and welcomed and enjoyed ... girly sex on occasions. It can be lovely and a refreshing change from the usual male: "find em', feel em', fuck em' and forget em'" attitude. But I've been guilty of that also. And we couldn't do without the ultimate satisfaction only a male cock can bring. We always revert back to normal heterosexual beings. Doesn't make us stereotyped .. or as anything other than average.

However I would suggest that here on Lush, unfortunately, many so called 'bi' or lesbian girls are in effect men masquerading as females. What sexual kick they get out of it is beyond me and usually I can suss them out within minutes of any conversation. Beware! The next bi or lesbian you guys or girls chat to here may be some crusty 55 year old perv just on here for vicarious thrills - at your expense.
Lurker
0 likes
In summary men have been at it and more open about it long before women ever were and in my view they still are so I don't understand the problem.

If you want the longer version read on...

As has been frequently noted, the ancient Greeks did not have terms or concepts that correspond to the contemporary dichotomy of ‘heterosexual’ and ‘homosexual’. There is a wealth of material from ancient Greece pertinent to issues of sexuality, ranging from dialogues of Plato, such as the Symposium, to plays by Aristophanes, and Greek artwork and vases. What follows is a brief description of ancient Greek attitudes, but it is important to recognize that there was regional variation. For example, in parts of Ionia there were general strictures against same-sex eros, while in Elis and Boiotia (e.g., Thebes), it was approved of and even celebrated (cf. Dover, 1989; Halperin, 1990).

Probably the most frequent assumption of sexual orientation is that persons can respond erotically to beauty in either sex. Diogenes Laeurtius, for example, wrote of Alcibiades, the Athenian general and politician of the 5th century B.C., “in his adolescence he drew away the husbands from their wives, and as a young man the wives from their husbands.” (Quoted in Greenberg, 1988, 144) Some persons were noted for their exclusive interests in persons of one gender. For example, Alexander the Great and the founder of Stoicism, Zeno of Citium, were known for their exclusive interest in boys and other men. Such persons, however, are generally portrayed as the exception. Furthermore, the issue of what gender one is attracted to is seen as an issue of taste or preference, rather than as a moral issue. A character in Plutarch's Erotikos (Dialogue on Love) argues that “the noble lover of beauty engages in love wherever he sees excellence and splendid natural endowment without regard for any difference in physiological detail.” (Ibid., 146) Gender just becomes irrelevant “detail” and instead the excellence in character and beauty is what is most important.

*Paragraph edited out due to underage tones*

Ancient Rome had many parallels in its understanding of same-sex attraction, and sexual issues more generally, to ancient Greece. This is especially true under the Republic. Yet under the Empire, Roman society slowly became more negative in its views towards sexuality, probably due to social and economic turmoil, even before Christianity became influential.

Exactly what attitude the New Testament has towards sexuality in general, and same-sex attraction in particular, is a matter of sharp debate. John Boswell argues, in his fascinating Christianity, Social Tolerance, and Homosexuality, that many passages taken today as condemnations of homosexuality are more concerned with prostitution, or where same-sex acts are described as “unnatural” the meaning is more akin to ‘out of the ordinary’ rather than as immoral (Boswell, 1980, ch.4; see also Boswell, 1994). Yet others have criticized, sometimes persuasively, Boswell's scholarship (see Greenberg, 1988, ch.5). What is clear, however, is that while condemnation of same-sex attraction is marginal to the Gospels and only an intermittent focus in the rest of the New Testament, early Christian church fathers were much more outspoken. In their writings there is a horror at any sort of sex, but in a few generations these views eased, in part due no doubt to practical concerns of recruiting converts. By the fourth and fifth centuries the mainstream Christian view allowed for procreative sex.

This viewpoint, that procreative sex within marriage is allowed, while every other expression of sexuality is sinful, can be found, for example, in St. Augustine. This understanding leads to a concern with the gender of one's partner that is not found in previous Greek or Roman views, and it clearly forbids homosexual acts. Soon this attitude, especially towards homosexual sex, came to be reflected in Roman Law. In Justinian's Code, promulgated in 529, persons who engaged in homosexual sex were to be executed, although those who were repentant could be spared. Historians agree that the late Roman Empire saw a rise in intolerance towards sexuality, although there were again important regional variations.

With the decline of the Roman Empire, and its replacement by various barbarian kingdoms, a general tolerance (with the sole exception of Visigothic Spain) of homosexual acts prevailed. As one prominent scholar puts it, “European secular law contained few measures against homosexuality until the middle of the thirteenth century.” (Greenberg, 1988, 260) Even while some Christian theologians continued to denounce nonprocreative sexuality, including same-sex acts, a genre of homophilic literature, especially among the clergy, developed in the eleventh and twelfth centuries (Boswell, 1980, chapters 8 and 9).

The latter part of the twelfth through the fourteenth centuries, however, saw a sharp rise in intolerance towards homosexual sex, alongside persecution of Jews, Muslims, heretics, and others. While the causes of this are somewhat unclear, it is likely that increased class conflict alongside the Gregorian reform movement in the Catholic Church were two important factors. The Church itself started to appeal to a conception of “nature” as the standard of morality, and drew it in such a way so as to forbid homosexual sex (as well as extramarital sex, nonprocreative sex within marriage, and often masturbation). For example, the first ecumenical council to condemn homosexual sex, Lateran III of 1179, stated that “Whoever shall be found to have committed that incontinence which is against nature” shall be punished, the severity of which depended upon whether the transgressor was a cleric or layperson (quoted in Boswell, 1980, 277). This appeal to natural law (discussed below) became very influential in the Western tradition. An important point to note, however, is that the key category here is the ‘sodomite,’ which differs from the contemporary idea of ‘homosexual’. A sodomite was understood as act-defined, rather than as a type of person. Someone who had desires to engage in sodomy, yet did not act upon them, was not a sodomite. Also, persons who engaged in heterosexual sodomy were also sodomites. There are reports of persons being burned to death or beheaded for sodomy with a spouse (Greenberg, 1988, 277). Finally, a person who had engaged in sodomy, yet who had repented of his sin and vowed to never do it again, was no longer a sodomite. The gender of one's partner is again not of decisive importance, although some medieval theologians single out same-sex sodomy as the worst type of sexual crime.

For the next several centuries in Europe, the laws against homosexual sex were severe in their penalties. Enforcement, however, was episodic. In some regions, decades would pass without any prosecutions. Yet the Dutch, in the 1730's, mounted a harsh anti-sodomy campaign (alongside an anti-Gypsy pogrom), even using torture to obtain confessions. As many as one hundred men and boys were executed and denied burial (Greenberg, 1988, 313-4). Also, the degree to which sodomy and same-sex attraction were accepted varied by class, with the middle class taking the narrowest view, while the aristocracy and nobility often accepted public expressions of alternative sexualities. At times, even with the risk of severe punishment, same-sex oriented subcultures would flourish in cities, sometimes only to be suppressed by the authorities. In the 19th century there was a significant reduction in the legal penalties for sodomy. The Napoleonic code decriminalized sodomy, and with Napoleon's conquests that Code spread. Furthermore, in many countries where homosexual sex remained a crime, the general movement at this time away from the death penalty usually meant that sodomy was removed from the list of capital offenses.

In the 18th and 19th centuries an overtly theological framework no longer dominated the discourse about same-sex attraction. Instead, secular arguments and interpretations became increasingly common. Probably the most important secular domain for discussions of homosexuality was in medicine, including psychology. This discourse, in turn, linked up with considerations about the state and its need for a growing population, good soldiers, and intact families marked by clearly defined gender roles. Doctors were called in by courts to examine sex crime defendants (Foucault, 1980; Greenberg, 1988). At the same time, the dramatic increase in school attendance rates and the average length of time spent in school, reduced transgenerational contact, and hence also the frequency of transgenerational sex. Same-sex relations between persons of roughly the same age became the norm.

Clearly the rise in the prestige of medicine resulted in part from the increasing ability of science to account for natural phenomena on the basis of mechanistic causation. The application of this viewpoint to humans led to accounts of sexuality as innate or biologically driven. The voluntarism of the medieval understanding of sodomy, that sodomites chose sin, gave way to the modern notion of homosexuality as a deep, unchosen characteristic of persons, regardless of whether they act upon that orientation. The idea of a ‘latent sodomite’ would not have made sense, yet under this new view it does make sense to speak of a person as a ‘latent homosexual.’ Instead of specific acts defining a person, as in the medieval view, an entire physical and mental makeup, usually portrayed as somehow defective or pathological, is ascribed to the modern category of ‘homosexual.’ Although there are historical precursors to these ideas (e.g., Aristotle gave a physiological explanation of passive homosexuality), medicine gave them greater public exposure and credibility (Greenberg, 1988, ch.15). The effects of these ideas cut in conflicting ways. Since homosexuality is, by this view, not chosen, it makes less sense to criminalize it. Persons are not choosing evil acts. Yet persons may be expressing a diseased or pathological mental state, and hence medical intervention for a cure is appropriate. Hence doctors, especially psychiatrists, campaigned for the repeal or reduction of criminal penalties for consensual homosexual sodomy, yet intervened to “rehabilitate” homosexuals. They also sought to develop techniques to prevent children from becoming homosexual, for example by arguing that childhood masturbation caused homosexuality, hence it must be closely guarded against.

In the 20th century sexual roles were redefined once again. For a variety of reasons, premarital intercourse slowly became more common and eventually acceptable. With the decline of prohibitions against sex for the sake of pleasure even outside of marriage, it became more difficult to argue against gay sex. These trends were especially strong in the 1960's, and it was in this context that the gay liberation movement took off. Although gay and lesbian rights groups had been around for decades, the low-key approach of the Mattachine Society (named after a medieval secret society) and the Daughters of Bilitis had not gained much ground. This changed in the early morning hours of June 28, 1969, when the patrons of the Stonewall Inn, a gay bar in Greenwich Village, rioted after a police raid. In the aftermath of that event, gay and lesbian groups began to organize around the country. Gay Democratic clubs were created in every major city, and one fourth of all college campuses had gay and lesbian groups (Shilts, 1993, ch.28). Large gay urban communities in cities from coast to coast became the norm. The American Psychiatric Association removed homosexuality from its official listing of mental disorders. The increased visibility of gays and lesbians has become a permanent feature of American life despite the two critical setbacks of the AIDS epidemic and an anti-gay backlash (see Berman, 1993, for a good survey). The post-Stonewall era has also seen marked changes in Western Europe, where the repeal of anti-sodomy laws and legal equality for gays and lesbians has become common.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Deep_licker
So many Girls like Lesbian or Bisexual but most boys are doing straight
Why Are So Many Girls Lesbian or Bisexual?

Im not!

Quote by Laurenxxx

However I would suggest that here on Lush, unfortunately, many so called 'bi' or lesbian girls are in effect men masquerading as females. The next bi or lesbian you guys or girls chat to here may be some crusty 55 year old perv just on here for vicarious thrills - at your expense.

And this
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by LusciousLola
I'm going to try and be very polite when I say this, but have you ever tasted a pussy? I mean the silky smooth lips, the clit, the most amazing aroma, and the taste. What's not to love? So why would you want us to choose? We can have the best of both worlds men & women!!!

Totally agree. I love every part of of woman, especially the taste.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Laurenxxx

However I would suggest that here on Lush, unfortunately, many so called 'bi' or lesbian girls are in effect men masquerading as females. What sexual kick they get out of it is beyond me and usually I can suss them out within minutes of any conversation. Beware! The next bi or lesbian you guys or girls chat to here may be some crusty 55 year old perv just on here for vicarious thrills - at your expense.

Haha yes! They invariably can't spell, have zero personality, and have no idea how women think. It's sad, really.

Back on topic: I'm one of those "bi" girls. I like to think that I'm just an equal opportunity provider! I love men, but I also love women.
I see no reason to limit myself to one or the other when I enjoy them both so much.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am most definitely Bi but I love sex with men and women equally. Well maybe 60/40 for women. But sex with men is great especially when they take the time to explore my body and not just stick it and cum. Like I said, I love both. OK maybe 70/30. But why not enjoy both sexes. And women are just so soft and loving so its no wonder I am 75/25 to that side!! So I guess I love women more than men, Sue me!!!

Look at it this way. A woman is like a Ferrari, sleek and curvy and so much fun to drive. A man is like an Army jeep, rough and crude but powerful. Both will get you here you want to go but which one would you rather drive? HAHA
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
OK what I have learned from this thread is:

A) Most of the bi female are in reality "55 years old perv men"
ouch, must remove all bi female friends

B) Men are boring to chat with
Heyyyyy

C) A woman is like a Ferrari, sleek and curvy and fun to drive
Wow cool but.. expensive

D) A man is like an Army jeep, rough and crude but... powerful. Well in bed but still boring at chit chat.
wroom wroom arf arf
Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
It's socially acceptable and trendy for girls to be more experimental and even encouraged in a lot of cases, especially when drunk.

The term 'bisexual' is a major gray zone - I think more women are open to playing (sexually) with other girls, but a smaller percentage are actually interested in dating and having serious relationships with both sexes, yet typically all will consider themselves "bisexual".

In my circle of (real life) friends, 80% have at least dabbled or hooked up with a girl (at least once)... but only one has actually had bonafide relationships with both men and women.

Personally I've always fallen into the 'sex-only' category on very rare occasions, usually when drunk or high - and 100% of the time the other girl has been the aggressor. I think girls are gorgeous and sexy and I love looking at them, and occasionally playing with them, but that's as far as my interest goes. Am I technically bisexual - yeah, I guess... but definitely on the outer fringes of that gray zone. My desires and fantasies have always been predominantly straight.
Lurker
0 likes
I still question the general premise of this post. I think we've validated (as a culture) the idea of girls kissing on other girls, or playing with each other more than the other way around, but a great deal of that is not due actually to a sexual inclination, so much as a social circumstance. I think it's probably not as skewed as you seem to think.
Empress of the Moon
0 likes
If a guy keeps bothering you it's easier to just kiss one of your girlfriends and tell him you're gay.
[url]http://[/url]
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by CenterLine
I still question the general premise of this post.

Sounds like a typical case of male butthurt rejection syndrome to me.

'They're just not that into you, dude. Deal with it.'
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
all women are bi curious none are really lesbians they have to have something hard pushed im themeven if its plastic
Lurker
0 likes
Just because you've seen so many on Lush, doesn't mean that's completely how it is. No, mine isn't because guys "lost their touch" or any shit like that. Mine is because, ever since I was young and first started developing sexual feelings, they were first aimed at a girl. That, and I can see myself being with a woman. Yes, I like men too. For me, it's the personality, not the gender. I'm a virgin, so it's strictly a love thing for me. This question is kind of offense; you're implying that there's a REASON we women were just born that why. This is like asking why you're straight.
Lurker
0 likes
I've had a lot of annoyed guys call me a lesbian because I wouldn't go out with them.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Tleasure
all women are bi curious none are really lesbians they have to have something hard pushed im themeven if its plastic

Totally disagree with this stetement. Some women are true lesbians and want nothing to do with men. Just because they want something "pushed Into them" to get pleasure does not mean they really want to be with a man.

Like I said, I enjoy both. Do I want to marry a woman? NO!! But I dont want to marry a man either. I just want to have the option to enjoy both sexes to the fullest. I do agree that most women are bi-curious but not all women will act on it.

Why do people have the need to put a label on someone anyhow?
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by Tleasure

Speak for yourself! I am not at all curious about it. I don't like the suggestion of sex with a lass enough to wonder about the details or try them out. And how does something that makes you feel good inserted into a hole determine sexuality? You could eat chocolate and not be a cannibal, but by your reasoning, it's true. Everybody is different, and not all of us fit into your sweeping statement.

I would presume you also think all gay men are really straight because they like to insert their penis into things?
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
It's socially acceptable and trendy for girls to be more experimental and even encouraged in a lot of cases, especially when drunk.

So true.

Then if the girls enjoy it too much the guy gets grumpy, feels left out and then makes sweeping statements about all women being Bi or Lesbian.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by corne

Totally agree. I love every part of of woman, especially the taste.

I want to at least once
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by TreeSuh

Soooooo Soft!

YES
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
women are naturally bi .. me thinks
Love begins with an image; lust with a sensation.
Lurker
0 likes
good taste smile
Clever Gem
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

Speak for yourself! I am not at all curious about it. I don't like the suggestion of sex with a lass enough to wonder about the details or try them out. And how does something that makes you feel good inserted into a hole determine sexuality? You could eat chocolate and not be a cannibal, but by your reasoning, it's true. Everybody is different, and not all of us fit into your sweeping statement.

I would presume you also think all gay men are really straight because they like to insert their penis into things?

I have to agree with Shylass, I have never in the least wanted to try it out with a girl, its never occurred to me, or excited me in the least.
As for your statement, well it's just ignorant. Damn if it were only true, I'd be spoilt for choice!!! Ladies too, hahaha!
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
Quote by Tleasure

The fuck?

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Weaver of Words
0 likes
There actually have been studies done on this. Homo sexuality and hetero sexuality are not opposite sides, merely different degrees of the same thing. studies have shown that a small percentage of people identify as strictly straight or strictly gay, while the majority of people (yes, men and women) identify somewhere in the middle. Whether they admit that to themselves or anyone else, or act upon it is a different thing entirely. I think you see more women willing to experiment for several reasons. We are just more open to the possibility, and it is socially less acceptable for a man to have sex with another man than it is for a woman to have sex with another woman. Part of that may be the fact that anal sex, even between a man and woman is looked on by some as "sinful" or kinky. And even oral sex is considered wrong or disgusting by some. Since sex between two men will generally involve one of those two activities, it seems to be more . And maybe men are just more insecure about there masculinity than women are about their femininity.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
when i joined this site i actually never viewed myself as bisexual. while i was filling it out my Sir said why didnt you put "bi" and I thought back in my history. You see i had a relationship as twisted and unusual as it could be described with a girl from my sorority house. She loved me in her own way and kept me basically as a pet. Sir knows about this and that i had feelings back....so hence i guess i have had a girl relationship. So with that in mind i guess i could never classify myself as purely straight. But as you can see now i have Sir and that is what im content with...... *giggles*

so as to why there are so many here on lush??? its a small slice of the world...isnt there just this many out there in the real world?
my newest :)
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Tleasure

don't you know that all our hard plastic toys are female?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Because girls smell better and have much softer skin
Lurker
0 likes
Women are beautiful creatures. Being with them is so much more... Sensual, Sexy, Romantic, Caring. More often than not women care about their partner so the sex mean more...