Sex with my ex

last reply
14 replies
2.9k views
1 watcher
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
This is a classic but I’ve split up with my girlfriend, it is all very amicable and we are moving towards becoming good friends, we have had sex since breaking up but is it a really bad idea to pursue a friends with benefits relationship or are there situations where it could all end up being beneficial. Thanks
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I'd say it's not a great idea. Being friends? Sure. If you can remain friends, that's great! Good for you. But as far as having sex, that can get complicated, especially if either of you finds a new significant other who may not be hugely comfortable with the continued dynamic of intimacy.
Lurker
0 likes
I broke up with a woman once. I moved out of her place. One day I went back to get the last of my things and we had sex like we were still together. I dropped by a couple of times after that and we always had sex. Even after we met other lovers, we would find a way to show up at my place or hers and have sex. I finally ended it when she came by just before my new girlfriend was due to come home from work. That seemed to piss her off more than the big fight we broke up over!
0 likes
As long as you both see it as just sex, then it should be ok.
If there's any lingering feelings then those are your emotions to deal w/ and you should end all communication if you can't control them.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Just depends. I still see my exhusband and his wife from time to time. It's just sex!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
One of the best fuck I had was when I got me ex pregnant and she had to convince her hubby his resemblance was to her "late uncle".
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
This is not a good idea. Let go of each other. Allow yourself and her to meet other partners
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think you should be just friends without additional bonuses in the form of sex, if this person is close to you.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
I'd say that this type of physical relationship isn't a one size fits all type of thing.

Sometimes you're going to break up with someone and you instigated the break up.
Other times you're likely to be the one who is blindsided and being dumped.
At other times you both might mutually realize that you'd be better off apart, and to both go maybe meet someone else you might click with better.

Sometimes, you might both agree that the sexual chemistry between you two is worth keeping active. Sometimes you just can't continue with ex-sex and perhaps sometimes you simply don't want that person to ever touch you again - in any manner.

I've been involved in all above situations and sometimes the sexual relationship extends beyond the cohabitation relationship - and eventually even that may end. There are benefits to keeping it alive and there can be drawbacks to doing so also. You just have to be mature and honest enough with yourself and your 'ex' to keep everything amicable/friendly and respectful. Especially when all ties end.

Cause no harm to your ex - should be the overriding principle.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Friendship sex is not a good idea. You are either lovers or friends
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
And what will happen when one of you finds a permanent partner?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by lesharon
Friendship sex is not a good idea. You are either lovers or friends

Apparently, many people prefer to think and mix everything into one thing.
Lurker
0 likes
I've had sex with several of my ex's. They liked the way I kept it up.