Open relationships....

last reply
35 replies
5.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Iran from a country where one cannot live in matrimonial lockdown if one desires to play the field, so to speak. It would be not wise to do so other wise.

I might want that hand some day, to grope some boobies.
Lurker
0 likes
I've wanted to share my girl for a long time and have had this desire through multiple relationships. I've only revealed this to the one I'm with now and she is reluctant to go through with it for moral reasons. We tried the swing scene but couldn't find people we could both agree on to fulfill my fantasy. It is my fantasy and not hers but she says she would do it if its what I really want. I see women every day I'd like to get with in a certain way but its seeing her with another guy or girl that really turns me on. I'm not afraid of losing her to anyone else because I at least am very secure in our relationship. I wish she were more promiscuous or at least more curious so we could see where it leads to. As for me I like to give oral and would like to be allowed to give it to girls I find attractive other than my girl. Fucking another girl seems more like cheating and I would never do it without her knowing or giving permission to do so.
Lurker
0 likes
In California at least 50% of marriages will end in court!

We have been married over 20 years and are fully committed to each other. But that does not mean the there are not other attactive apples in the garden that need to be tasted.

Why must Love demand sexual exclusivity? This is the 21st Century
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think an open relationship could work if you are on the same page.

My exhusband and I had one. We were obviously not on the same page. To me an open relationship was fucking other men to get myself off while he was working abroad in Africa. To him an open relationship meant getting engaged to another woman. But there are another hundred reasons why our marriage failed miserably.
Lurker
0 likes
i could never have an open relationship. Not necesarily because I'd be jealous of someone else sleeping with my man but because the thought of someone else touching him the way i touch him makes me feel sick. I worship my fella and couldnt bare the thought of him being intimate with someone else- in my view sex is a very private thing between two people and when you're in a relationship you share your body with that other person. If you were sharing with someone else too it would just be gross- i could not cope with it- cyber sex however is harmless as it doesnt really mean anything and doesnt involve physical cheating. You wouldnt dump someone for masturbating would you! xxxxxxx
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
My experience with an open relationship. My ex (whom i still love and share a home with... it's complicated! lol) and i had an open relationship. The rule was that neither of us had an issue with sexual relationships with other partners. i mean, i get that, since we are both bi-sexual, that at times she wanted to be with a guy. She had a regular fuck buddy, who became a regular at dinner about once a week and that i considered a friend. Sometimes we would share another guy or gal, and sometimes we would play solo.

The key - we were always up front about it. there was no going behind the other persons back and sneaking out with someone and we'd always make sure the other was ok with it. There were times when i simply was feeling insecure and i'd ask her to cancel a play date and she would, no questions asked.

i have a tendency to do one night stands, but once again, we talked it over and decided that as long as i checked in with her first, let her know where i was, and promised to check in again at a certain hour (she worried i'd get into trouble, understandably) she accepted that.

No, it was not always easy. I'm not a jealous person, but at times there was jealousy on both of our parts. And, at times, there was that hurt feeling that someone else was providing her with something i obviously couldn't. I don't mean to make this sound easy, but it can work as long was you communicate and remain honest and up front about your extra-ciricular partners.

oh, and no, it is NOT for everyone - it's a lot to handle, and anyone in an open relationship should touch base fairly often to make sure both partners are still comfortable not being exclusive - people and attitudes change, and it's not uncommon for one person to decide they can no longer do it.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.