last reply
16 replies
2.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
So, remember that question that completely stumps most people? "What is love?"
Contrary to popular belief, it's not "Baby don't hurt me. Don't hurt me! No more!"

I've been thinking (which is no easy task for me), and came to this solution.

Love is giving someone the power to completely destroy you, but trusting them not to.

If anyone got some answers to share, give it a shot! I'd really like to hear what's your meaning of love.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by lustone

Love is giving someone the power to completely destroy you, but trusting them not to.

i actually like this definition. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When you try to define love, you defeat the whole point of it..and destroy the magic.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Love...it is what it is and it ain't what it ain't.

— Buzocles

Next time I wear a toga I ain't using a king size sheet, hell this things wrapped around me 4 or 5 times.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by lustone
So, remember that question that completely stumps most people? "What is love?"

I think this is one of the best definitions out there... Well Done!!!
"I'd much rather be a woman than a man. Women can cry, they can wear cute clothes, and they are the first to be rescued off of sinking ships."
— Gilda Radner
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by lustone

True, the real trick is to find the one who when you give them that power, doesn't actually destroy you!
Princess Blondie
0 likes
I think your right on the nose. You open yourself up in trusting someone you love isn't going to destroy you, and it's a risk that can be magical if they don't destroy you.
†Jinxy Approved†

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
complete trust. it is that simple...well doesn't hurt when your heart skips a beat at the sound of their voice, or seeing their face smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by MrLosAngeles
When you try to define love, you defeat the whole point of it..and destroy the magic.

YES! So right.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
love is something you show and feel not something you can put in words
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I believe this explains everything satisfactorily...

Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
beautiful..your definition....

love is trusting someone that yes they may hurt you...but they will love you MORE than they cause pain...to you
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by lustone
Love is giving someone the power to completely destroy you, but trusting them not to.[/ quote]

That definition sure explains why divorces can get real nasty and messy.
Lurker
0 likes

Sorry I never pass up an opportunity to post this song

I really like the OPs definition though
Clumeleon
0 likes
My favourite definition of love:

Quote by Arnold J. Toynbee
Love is the spiritual impulse to give instead of to take. It is the impulse to bring the self back into harmony with the universe, from which the self has been estranged by its innate, but not unconquerable, self-centeredness.

From Choose Life, a dialogue which took place between Daisaku Ikeda and Arnold Toynbee in the 1970s.