Helping a good friend

last reply
15 replies
2.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hey everyone. so I have this friend from college; a wonderful guy, but who is very shy (no thanks to him being slightly overweight.) I've tried to set him up with some girls, but no success. There is this one girl (who's incredibly cute, btw) who works at a Target near us and who he has a crush on. Any suggestions on how to get them together?
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
You are a very good friend! How about arrange a social event (maybe something they both have in common) with a few other friends? Nice and casual and gauge feedback from there. If there is a spark or even just mutual liking then, it makes phase 2!! If not, then at least you tried! smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I try, at least lol. That's a possibility, I would just have to figure out what she likes and if he has any of the same likes. But I don't want to come off as the one hitting on her though.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
My response might sound very harsh, but it is sincerely the best advice I can give...

Why don't you let your friend grow some balls and let him approach girls by himself?

I honestly don't think any decent girl would be all that impressed nor attracted by a guy who relies on his friend(s) to initiate a contact. The situation would be a little different if you were just a mutual friend between these two and were simply trying to introduce them to each other, but from the little information that you offered, it seems that his main issue is that he's too insecure to approach girls in the first place.

One day he might become really tired of being a shy insecure guy, work on himself and his appearance, gain some confidence and finally enter the dating scene; that or he'll join LushStories and ask women about their panties. Until then, there really isn't much you can do for him (unless the girl you mentioned is just as insecure/desperate as he is).

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy
My response might sound very harsh, but it is sincerely the best advice I can give...

Why don't you let your friend grow some balls and let him approach girls by himself?

I honestly don't think any decent girl would be all that impressed nor attracted by a guy who relies on his friend(s) to initiate a contact. The situation would be a little different if you were just a mutual friend between these two and were simply trying to introduce them to each other, but from the little information that you offered, it seems that his main issue is that he's too insecure to approach girls in the first place.

One day he might become really tired of being a shy insecure guy, work on himself and his appearance, gain some confidence and finally enter the dating scene; that or he'll join LushStories and ask women about their panties. Until then, there really isn't much you can do for him (unless the girl you mentioned is just as insecure/desperate as he is).

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime...

Cruel! I'm shy and I've only ever asked one person out on a date. They always made the first move. I never went without.
So, about your undies...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy

Cruel! I'm shy and I've only ever asked one person out on a date. They always made the first move. I never went without.
So, about your undies...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by lesbiancloud
Hey everyone. so I have this friend from college; a wonderful guy, but who is very shy (no thanks to him being slightly overweight.) I've tried to set him up with some girls, but no success. There is this one girl (who's incredibly cute, btw) who works at a Target near us and who he has a crush on. Any suggestions on how to get them together?

Get him to hit the gym and get buff. If he's a nice guy, they'll be lining up to get in his pants, probably a few guys as well!
Lurker
0 likes
He NEEDS to. grow some. balls. and make an EFFORT,. QUIT relying on others to do his bidding.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
To those saying he needs to grow some balls, he just has never done it cold before. Basically, in the college classes we had together, he would ask girls out, but usually not until near the end of the semester when he could get to know them. Since he doesn't work at Target, this isn't an option. And I figure I'd just try to help him this once.
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
I have male friends similar to yours, in fact I'm going to the wedding of one of them this week! He's a really shy guy and it took his ages to pluck up the courage to ask this girl out, and as I remember it took a bit of intervention and match making from mutual friends at the time. But it seems to have worked! smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm glad to hear that curvy. smile Yeah, that's probably what I'll have to do, but I really want him to ask her out. And to dpw, yeah I've been trying to get him to the gymvlol.
Lurker
0 likes
if you have the power to help somebody out, do it. The world need more of that
Lurker
0 likes
^^^^^ +1
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks for the support heat. I know what you mean.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by lesbiancloud
Any suggestions on how to get them together?

First, do no harm. Find out if the young lady has any interest in meeting anyone.

Next, you may need to find out a bit about who she is trying to meet -- it may be she has a definite "type" in mind that doesn't conform well to your friend. Or you may talk with her and quickly find out you don't want to introduce ANYONE to her.

If you know BOTH people and see they might hit it off, I like Curvygalore's suggestion of an occasion you could invite them (and others) to. Bound to be a community event of some sort where they could gather in a low-cost, low-pressure situation.
Lurker
0 likes
I agree with curveygalore..plan something a party, get together, movie or something with just a few people and try that. Ya never know something could happen.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It ain't rocket science, take him to Target and introduce them.