Gf has toxic friends. Need advice.

last reply
11 replies
3.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Me and my current gf have been dating for about some time now. Of the months we’ve been together, there’s just one thing that bothers the hell out of me and it’s her friends. Her group of “friends” are clearly toxic for her but she doesn’t seem to see it no matter how much I try to warn her. They manipulate her, use her for her material things and money, and they say demeaning insults to her when they there are problems within the circle. One insult that hurt me the most was what they said to me that I’m have malicious intentions with my gf just because we met through a foreign dating event. They seem to have this mentality that I’m after physical things and that she’s after material possessions and money. That’s just one of the many crazy ideas they have no trouble saying to our faces. I can clearly see how affected my gf is about all of this and I honestly don’t know how to make things better for her from here. Any advice?
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by marcz3
Me and my current gf have been dating for about some time now. Of the months we’ve been together, there’s just one thing that bothers the hell out of me and it’s her friends. Her group of “friends” are clearly toxic for her but she doesn’t seem to see it no matter how much I try to warn her. They manipulate her, use her for her material things and money, and they say demeaning insults to her when they there are problems within the circle. One insult that hurt me the most was what they said to me that I’m have malicious intentions with my gf just because we met through a foreign dating event. They seem to have this mentality that I’m after physical things and that she’s after material possessions and money. That’s just one of the many crazy ideas they have no trouble saying to our faces. I can clearly see how affected my gf is about all of this and I honestly don’t know how to make things better for her from here. Any advice?

Abduct her, I mean, elope to somewhere remote like the Baja peninsula and set up home & hearth where you can have her primo physique all to yourself - and she can live in the lap of your luxury. Everyone wins.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

Abduct her, I mean, elope to somewhere remote like the Baja peninsula and set up home & hearth where you can have her primo physique all to yourself - and she can live in the lap of your luxury. Everyone wins.

I don't know where the Baja peninsula is but the idea sounds interesting to me
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by marcz3

I don't know where the Baja peninsula is but the idea sounds interesting to me

It's the peninsula on the west side of Mexico that borders Southern California.

Brandie
0 likes
Quote by marcz3

Drop GF and then you don't have to deal w/ friends.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

Drop GF and then you don't have to deal w/ friends.

My thought too. The toxic friends probably reflect some flaw in her you have not noticed yet?
Lurker
0 likes
Drop the girl. You don't need that toxicity in your life
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Wonder if he dropped her. Was thinking about this talking to one of my friends. She takes on a lot of lovers and one nighters, & atends a lot of small swinger parties. inevitably some of the people she runs across turn out to be toxic, or 'highly incompatible'. Getting them back out of the picture seems to be a problem.
0 likes
Quote by GMOFLEISURE
Getting them back out of the picture seems to be a problem.

How does it become an issue to end contact w/ humans?
colin123
0 likes
Find someone else.
Lurker
0 likes
Your role as boyfriennd is to support, never control. The only thing you can control is yourself. Tell her that you prefer not to spend time with this person, and give your reasons, citing specific behavior, and why you think it is problematic. Make sure that your objections are objective and legitimate
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You will not be able to control this area of her life.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It's not a good idea to change something about her behavior. You cannot do or influence here.