Login

Fallen for my online friend.

last reply
5 replies
1.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
I met this friend online who happens to be 15 years older than me. Whenever we talk it feels like he's flirting with me. We often talked about sex, but now he's put up this wall and won't let me get to know him more. I've told him how I feel, and he hasn't denied having feelings for me but he insists we can only be friends because "he's too old to deal with this, and long distance relationships don't work." I don't know what to do since he won't let me close, but I can't deny he's stuck in my head.
Enjoy his existence.
Don't bother looking for a relationship.
Active Ink Slinger
I am always troubled with On Line dating . You hear of problems on some dating sites for excample married people being on ( mainly men) , Catfishing and photos that don't bear any resemblance or out of date pictures.

I would go with the advice given by the above poster and try and find someone for a relationship in the traditional manner ie going out with friends at weekends and keeping a look out. Despite the popularity of Online dating some are going back to the more traditional methods as they have been disappointed with the results or non results from Online dating sites.

Whilst I don't have any reservation about age differences per se, 15 years is a big difference and you may just have different wants and needs .

Good Luck
Rookie Scribe
Well we seem to have a lot in common. While first talking to each other I asked him questions about having a relationship with someone my age and whether it would be strange for him and he showed no hesitations when answering. Then suddenly I revealed my feelings and he started to become distant and do things to push me away.
Wild at Heart
You freaked him out. He’s either married/in a relationship or he was just stroking his... ego with you and now he feels guilty/freaked that you caught feelings. Oopsie.
Active Ink Slinger
Cut your losses. This is going to sound harsh but it isn't meant to be.

Ifbhe has suddenly gone cold with you, then as magical felix said this guy was talking to you to inflate his ego. To have a younger woman talk ti hin snd be interested. You are a time filler, giving him the attention he isn't getting closer to home.

I can't see it ending well for you, if you allows this situation to carry on as it is. Put yourself first and do what you need to do, to emotionally distance yourself from him.