Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Can you really ever stop loving someone after a relationship is over?

last reply
257 replies
25.8k views
2 watchers
24 likes
0 likes

Key to my definition of love, as in life-long partnership kind, I’d commitment. If we break up, my commitment to them will eventually cease to be. The type of love I would then hold for them would be so little… memories of fondness and pain.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

There is one person from the past that I still love. Her parents told me not to come by anymore because I had a “reputation”. A mutual friend from the distant past says she still loves me. My reputation is significantly better.

1 like

Depends how it ends? If the man dumps me oh yes I can. I’m sorry I’m worth a man who would put me first, fight any fight and well as Julie Andrews says climb any mountain. What’s left over the residual feeling is grief not love.

1 like

Quote by thesexynun

Depends how it ends? If the man dumps me oh yes I can. I’m sorry I’m worth a man who would put me first, fight any fight and well as Julie Andrews says climb any mountain. What’s left over the residual feeling is grief not love.

^^^^^ this, except replace man with woman

Active Ink Slinger
1 like

A few months ago I would have said "No, can't stop loving someone after a relationship" but since after a long battle with my ex where he did something unforgivable, I no longer love him.

Voyeur @ f/64
1 like

As soon as I have a relationship and it ends, I'll let you know.

0 likes

Short answer, yes but it makes it easier if you have a new love in your life. I was married for 30 years and I don’t know why I put up with such a boring, uninteresting, ungrateful woman for so long. No love left in the end just a sense of total freedom. Never stopped loving my first real girlfriend and ended up marrying her after 40 years apart. We were meant to be together.

Quantum Tease
0 likes

I do not think so. If there was a true connection, no matter what severed it, some tenuous thread will always remain. The sort of thing that if you happen to think of them, there's a little catch inside you.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

As for myself, no. It's not about moving on, but I don't love easily and when I do it's with every part of my being. Whether it's my ex wife or a former girl friend I still carry their faces and memories in my heart. But, that's just me.