Can a profile be too long?

last reply
55 replies
5.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Site administrator
0 likes
Profiles are like a book .. if it doesnt spark your interest in the first few lines you probably wont bother reading it anymore.

I also think the less information the more scope there is to get to know that person and furthermore some of what people write simply isnt true anyway.

I keep mine short and sweet nowadays.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn
P

i tried that - Nicky yelled at me and told me to fill it out a bit. tyrant.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn

That's what she said!

Pound it bro ??
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

That's what she said!

Pound it bro ??

Someones been gossiping.
Lurker
0 likes
I think a profile should have a balanced mix...It provokes conversation...Which may lead to a long lasting friendship.
Lurker
0 likes
awwwwwww... And why can't I have three pages?

Could always put it into chapters? ... Now that's an idea...

Lurker
0 likes
I run into the, Am I saying to much, is it not enough. I would say tell as much as you're comfortable telling.
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Mine is too long. But, I think it saves time. Read my profile, then you'll know if we will hit it off.
? A True Story ?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I can't imagine there are very many Lush profiles that are more revealing than mine. When I look at someone's profile, I much prefer TMI to a bare cupboard. If you think mine needs to be edited, send me a PM and tell me why.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by 69Kisses96
. When I look at someone's profile, I much prefer TMI to a bare cupboard.

Yeah, I agree. Some are too long, but all you have to do is stop reading! And if you feel you potentially connect with someone, there are not enough words in the world, you will still want more.
Lurker
0 likes
Mine was short when I first got on here. But I firmly belueve that a profile is ever changing... Ever evolving as we do in out path in life. Mine when opened is extremely long... It is informational as to whom I am and where I stand on issues that often come up when I. Meet others
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Quote by Verbal

Yeah, I agree. Some are too long, but all you have to do is stop reading! And if you feel you potentially connect with someone, there are not enough words in the world, you will still want more.

This
? A True Story ?
Lurker
0 likes
I think the BIO sections of your page should be about a 1 minute or less read. Preferably about 30 seconds maybe is better.
I shortened mine recently.

As for your page in general? No...it's your home away from home, your place in our Lush world.

If you have a lot of personal pics of you and things you like, music and other vids? Show what forums you like? Your interests? Why not?

They don't have to read any of that, it's just eye candy.

Others can see who your friends are, and their postings to your page.
Maybe make new friends themselves.

smile
Lurker
0 likes
Can anyone tell me if mine is too long or short?
Lurker
0 likes
This turned out to be interesting reading....I will be re-writing my profile soon as it needs to be updated. Guess I will have to dig out the vibrator to measure its length and keep the profile shorter than that. I look at the profile as an elevator speech.....something to get you interested to see if you might want to know more.
Lurker
0 likes
Mine used to be a best seller, but I've shortened it a lot this year.

It's still as big as a brutal dildo though...smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by MostPreciousLittle
Can anyone tell me if mine is too long or short?

White script on a black & white background is hard to read.
Detention Seeker
0 likes
As long as a profile is interesting then no but if it drones on it would soon lose my interest!
Lurker
0 likes
If it reads like a Novel, then it's way to long...
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by 69Kisses96

White script on a black & white background is hard to read.

It might be. Sorry.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by MostPreciousLittle

It might be. Sorry.

i think you need to be spanked.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
If it's more than five words, I ain't reading it.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sprite

i think you need to be spanked.

LMAO
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I don't mind a wordy profile. I will skip the ones with hard to read backgrounds because of bad contrast.
0 likes
Yes and especially if it's just a bunch of qoutes and if it states, "if you want to know something, just ask me." those are the worst. Like I've said, lush gives you the perfect blueprint to speak freely about yourself on profile. It shouldn't be that difficult to talk about yourself. It's as though you are advertising yourself.
Chat Moderator
0 likes
Absolutely. Some folks have SO much info on their profile that I honestly don't feel a desire to learn more about them. It's a balance, not a shoot your load in one shot, kind of thing.