Login

Trying to save a draft of a new story

last reply
18 replies
3 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I have just reported this as a bug but not sure that it is one. I have twice today attempted to start and save draft of a new story. I have only got as far as the preliminaries, story title, category, tags (which I could not create the tags that I actually wanted) and first word of the story. Both times I clicked on 'save draft' - I have no doubt that I did-with a few to typing the story over the next day or so. The story did not go to unpublished but both times went to published (pending viewing by a Mod). I deleted it both times because I could not edit it but it was certainly not for publication. This is the first (technically second) time that I have had this particular problem. Not being able to create the actual tags that I wanted despite several attempts was also frustrating. I don't know if this problem is unique to me but I would like to be able to type, edit and submit a new story sometime soon please.

Sorry (really) that almost all of my Forum posts are 'complaining' ones but I just want to write stories, it is mostly what I am on Lush for. (Apart from some chatting).

Super Admin
0 likes

We have just pushed a fixed that prevented drafts being saved for stories that were submitted with either an authors or a moderator note.  If this is applicable to your story please can you try again?

With regard tags, were you clicking the "Create 'my_tag_name'" from the drop down menu?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I was adding an Authors note because it was to be my 200th story for Lush. So I should try again without the note and it should work as normal? I was using the drop down on tags and even if I clicked on 'create (whatever)' it did not work. I was not attempting to use obscure tags but I will try again when I make another attempt at creating this (200th) story.

Super Admin
0 likes

The bug has now been fixed so you should be able to add stories with notes.

Did the story with tags not submit, or were the tags not added?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by danadmin

The bug has now been fixed so you should be able to add stories with notes.

I did add some tags but not exactly the tags that I was trying/wanting to add. Both these things, saving draft/tags relate to the same story. I will try again. Thank you.
0 likes

Yeah, I had the same problem yesterday. Wondered what was happening. Ended up submitting the story prematurely with a garbled One Liner which I did not notice until it was verified and went up on the site.

I had to correct the messy line and re-submit. Now it languishes in the queue again —I hope. (I forgot to put a note in saying why I had returned it.)

And, oh, my tags vanished — though this has been the case for my last two submissions, the verifier adding them for me afterwards.

0 likes
Quote by danadmin

My tags vanished from the last story I submitted.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I have now got as far as starting the story again and have been able to save a draft. I still have problems getting the tags that I actually want, despite using the drop down. I have NOT yet tried adding an authors note, I might decide not to because it is probably not essential.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by PJH

I have now got as far as starting the story again and have been able to save a draft. I still have problems getting the tags that I actually want, despite using the drop down. I have NOT yet tried adding an authors note, I might decide not to because it is probably not essential.

It looks like they finally did fix the submission process. Except that huge white space below the story is still there for the moment. For tags, if you write a new tag name in that box, you should get a message saying "Create romance"? or whatever it is you want to use but wasn't there before. Then the new tag should be in a drop-down menu.  (Did I explain it clearly?) For the author's note, it should be exactly the same as pasting in the story itself. Cut and paste whatever text you want into that box. I think there is a 500 word limit, however.  
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LakeShoreLimited

It looks like they finally did fix the submission process. Except that huge white space below the story is still there for the moment. For tags, if you write a new tag name in that box, you should get a message saying "Create romance"? or whatever it is you want to use but wasn't there before. Then the new tag should be in a drop-down menu.  (Did I explain it clearly?) For the author's note, it should be exactly the same as pasting in the story itself. Cut and paste whatever text you want into that box. I think there is a 500 word limit, however.  

Thank you for this but I seem to be having trouble with tags today, even using drop down and create. For instance, I wanted to use mother-in-law but (after several attempts) had to settle for motherinlaw. I might try to change the tags to what I actually want at some point before submitting. I do not think I am doing anything differently to my other recent stories, it is just not functioning properly for me today.

I always type direct to site (and save). I have done for my previous 199 stories so intend number 200 to be the same. I do not often have an authors note but was planning a bit of explanation for this story, but it is not essential.

Thanks again.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by PJH

Thank you for this but I seem to be having trouble with tags today, even using drop down and create. For instance, I wanted to use mother-in-law but (after several attempts) had to settle for motherinlaw. I might try to change the tags to what I actually want at some point before submitting. I do not think I am doing anything differently to my other recent stories, it is just not functioning properly for me today.

I always type direct to site (and save). I have done for my previous 199 stories so intend number 200 to be the same. I do not often have an authors note but was planning a bit of explanation for this story, but it is not essential.

Thanks again.

After a month they seem to be slowly fixing things The white space under the story doesn't appear in the drafts mode, but it appears in - what would you call it, the mode that appears after you save the draft. I would assume the published story would also have it, but I don't know. Dan at one point said that they would fix that. I haven't looked at the other stories on here yet to see if they have the same space.

It's possible that hyphenated words like mother-in-law don't work as tags yet. I'll have to experiment and see. They should have a fix for that.

You can type in the author's notes the same way you type in the story. For some reason, I have had them on almost every story I've posted here. 

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Mother-in-law worked for me, although I had to "create" it as a new tag. I don't see that white space on the couple of published stories I checked. Ideally, the "preview" mode - I think that's what I'd call it - should show the story exactly as it will appear when published. The series titles don't show the previous story in preview mode, but rather the one before it - two stories back, in other words. The old "checkbox" method of linking stories in a series was better, but I don't think that is coming back.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Mother-in-law worked for me, although I had to "create" it as a new tag. I don't see that white space on the couple of published stories I checked. Ideally, the "preview" mode - I think that's what I'd call it - should show the story exactly as it will appear when published. The series titles don't show the previous story in preview mode, but rather the one before it - two stories back, in other words. The old "checkbox" method of linking stories in a series was better, but I don't think that is coming back.

I went back into the saved draft this morning and deleted the existing tags (those that I was sort of forced into yesterday). I have now successfully created the tags that I originally wanted. I do not believe that I was doing anything incorrectly yesterday but the (then) inability to create the tags that I wanted was frustrating.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by PJH

I went back into the saved draft this morning and deleted the existing tags (those that I was sort of forced into yesterday). I have now successfully created the tags that I originally wanted. I do not believe that I was doing anything incorrectly yesterday but the (then) inability to create the tags that I wanted was frustrating.
The site is constantly being fiddled with by the programmers; it seems to change almost from day to day. They should have figured out all of this before going to a new platform, but they didn't have the time. It does seem to be slowly getting better, but they have a ways to go yet. It may never be as good as the previous version. I have one story in drafts, but I'm not going to submit it until more time goes by. Maybe you should wait it out too and see how the site develops. I'm on two other sites so I have some place else to go while this shakes out. 
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

The site is constantly being fiddled with by the programmers; it seems to change almost from day to day. They should have figured out all of this before going to a new platform, but they didn't have the time. It does seem to be slowly getting better, but they have a ways to go yet. It may never be as good as the previous version. I have one story in drafts, but I'm not going to submit it until more time goes by. Maybe you should wait it out too and see how the site develops. I'm on two other sites so I have some place else to go while this shakes out. 

Despite the difficulties/problems I think that I have had seven stories published since the changeover and the one that I am working on now seems to be going to plan. As I said, I had problems with tags yesterday and I will probably not put an Authors Note on the story because it is not essential. I do not often put a note on my stories and this one was going to be mostly because it is my 200th.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by PJH

Despite the difficulties/problems I think that I have had seven stories published since the changeover and the one that I am working on now seems to be going to plan. As I said, I had problems with tags yesterday and I will probably not put an Authors Note on the story because it is not essential. I do not often put a note on my stories and this one was going to be mostly because it is my 200th.

Two-hundred? Congratulations! That takes some real dedication to writing.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by PJH

Thank you.

Yes, 200 in a comparatively short space of time as the first one on here was in late April 2020.

I also have 211 on another site although about a dozen of them are the same story in a slightly different form, not exact copies.

I have now submitted that (potential) 200th story, complete with an Authors Note.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by PJH
Quote by PJH

Thank you.

Yes, 200 in a comparatively short space of time as the first one on here was in late April 2020.

I also have 211 on another site although about a dozen of them are the same story in a slightly different form, not exact copies.

I have now submitted that (potential) 200th story, complete with an Authors Note.

Wow, it would think it would take six or seven years to get that many on a single site. Plus the other site - even with the dupes, that'is around four-hundred. 
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by PJH
Quote by PJH

Thank you.

Wow, it would think it would take six or seven years to get that many on a single site. Plus the other site - even with the dupes, that'is around four-hundred. 

Yeah, the first one on the other site (which is a Male/Male spanking site-all from imagination) was only published in September 2019.