Trouble posting pics on friends wall

last reply
36 replies
3.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hello. I am having trouble posting pics from my computer to my friends walls. I can post pics on forum threads and send through email messages, but when I post to the wall, the pics post like a broken link or something. Can anyone help?
The Linebacker
0 likes
It's been that way for over a week. Hopefully, we'll have it straightened out soon.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Buz
It's been that way for over a week. Hopefully, we'll have it straightened out soon.

Thanks Buz. I noticed some people are able to post on my friends wall. I thought it was just me :-). Thanks again.
The Bruiser
0 likes
Quote by scorpiopassion67

Thanks Buz. I noticed some people are able to post on my friends wall. I thought it was just me :-). Thanks again.

Some of my friends have been having the same problem

For the past few months I’ve been using Instagram and been using the site to post my photography . Here’s the link to my profile 

https://www.instagram.com/farmerroger1/

My recommended read

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-poems/amongst-the-arabian-sands

here’s a link to my photography album in my media

https://www.lushstories.com/profile/farmerroger/media?album=2399646

Site administrator
0 likes
I have PM'ed Gav on this issue and I am awaiting a response.
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by JWren
Reported this over a week ago. Remains hit-and-miss whether images post or not ... also, cannot even post images on my own Blog!

Please kindly see my previous post.
0 likes
I posted on two users walls earlier this morning and it was ok with me.
Editor at large
0 likes
Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

I posted on two users walls earlier this morning and it was ok with me.

And I've received postings on my page, including yours a minute ago - but still hit-and-miss when I try to post on friends pages. Mainly miss for over a week (yet it works in a PM and on the forum threads )
0 likes
I just did an experiment on JWren profile by posting a pic from my iPhone and a .gif I have saved as a bookmark and both posted.
0 likes
Quote by JWren

And I've received postings on my page, including yours a minute ago - but still hit-and-miss when I try to post on friends pages. Mainly miss for over a week (yet it works in a PM and on the forum threads )

Don't you fret. Lush will be back to allowing you to post art on others wall ASAP.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think I will try it once a week. Until then, I'll stick to sharing pics by email.
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by JWren

Noted - but simply stating I sent the Contact message last week. Had no response at all until your acknowledgement here

My apologies... your report was inadvertently missed.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Posting pics on my own blog is working again.

I know it is difficult keeping up with all the snags and maintenance issues on a site of this size and with the high volume of traffic we get. So, a big thanks to Gav for all the hard work keeping it going, and to Nicola for such a great online home.

And a great big Happy Holidays!
Editor at large
0 likes
Quote by Buz

Still not functioning properly (6-15pm December 29 in UK)

Images that I cannot post on my Blog or on friends pages, I can post in forum threads. Something dreadfully wrong!
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by JWren
Quote by Buz

Still not functioning properly (6-15pm December 29 in UK)

Images that I cannot post on my Blog or on friends pages, I can post in forum threads. Something dreadfully wrong!

From what I can see you have successfully posted images on a number of your friends' walls a short time ago so I assume your problem has 'gone away'?
Editor at large
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn

From what I can see you have successfully posted images on a number of your friends' walls a short time ago so I assume your problem has 'gone away'?

Unfortunately not. Still hit and miss, mainly the latter. Very frustrating. Blog sometimes works but not guaranteed ?,
Lurker
0 likes

Well can now post pics here so a big plus! Just need to sort my Profile and Friends' Walls sad
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
I don't post all that much pics on people's walls, but if I do I never ran in such issues in the last couple of weeks.

Here some questions in order to hopefully find out where the problem lies en perhaps find a workaround:

1. What browser and operating system do you use when you run into these issues?
2. Is it hit-and-miss with the same image or do some images always fail while others always work?
3. Does it happen when you upload pics or when you link them, or both?
4a. On uploading: how big are the images that fail in file size?
4b. On linking: do you use the 'Add Image Link' button, do you type '[​img]…image-url…[​/img]' yourself or do you do something else when it fails?
4c. On linking: does the URL of the images that fail start with 'http://', with 'https://' or with something else?

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by noll
I don't post all that much pics on people's walls, but if I do I never ran in such issues in the last couple of weeks.

Here some questions in order to hopefully find out where the problem lies en perhaps find a workaround:

1. What browser and operating system do you use when you run into these issues?
2. Is it hit-and-miss with the same image or do some images always fail while others always work?
3. Does it happen when you upload pics or when you link them, or both?
4a. On uploading: how big are the images that fail in file size?
4b. On linking: do you use the 'Add Image Link' button, do you type '[​img]…image-url…[​/img]' yourself or do you do something else when it fails?
4c. On linking: does the URL of the images that fail start with 'http://', with 'https://' or with something else?

For me...

1. Windows10 .. Edge17 so have retried on Chrome and Firefox, to no avail.
2. All images fail.
3. Uploading images; I don't link images.
4a. All images I upload here are to Lush spec., namely 500 x 500 or less
4b. Use the 'Image Upload' button.
4c. https://
0 likes
Have any of you tried rebooting and clearing history/cookies/cache?

Works for me when Lush has the hiccups.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

Have any of you tried rebooting and clearing history/cookies/cache?

Works for me when Lush has the hiccups.

Thanks for this and trying to help. Answer (for me) is yes .. prob still remains.

However, I am patient and when the holiday season downunder is over and he returns from a galaxy far far away, I am sure Gav will wave his magic wand, or share a spell from his "Gav's Book Of Instant Magic Vol.7", and all will be well. biggrin
0 likes
Quote by hayley
For me...

1. Windows10 .. Edge17 so have retried on Chrome and Firefox, to no avail.
2. All images fail.
3. Uploading images; I don't link images.
4a. All images I upload here are to Lush spec., namely 500 x 500 or less
4b. Use the 'Image Upload' button.
4c. https://

Thx!

1. It doesn't seem to be specific to a certain browser then. Windows 10 perhaps, though that seems unlikely, as it would affect so many people. But perhaps others can confirm or refute this.
2. So, unlike for JWren, it's not hit-and-miss for you.
3. Curious if others who also run into these issues as well, also use only the upload function, or whether it happens when linking images too.
4a. What I meant was the file's byte size, not it's dimensions. I don't think Lush has a limit on dimension, as it will just zoom out if the pic is too big, but it does have a limit on the file size in bytes for the pics being uploaded. Not sure what that limit is though for the wall.

Perhaps you could try the following:
1. Go to your profile and post a test pic on your wall.
2. Hit the 'Upload an image from your computer' button.
3. Before you select an image open your browser's Developer Tools and select XHR in the Network tab, see below *)
4. If you now hit the 'Upload a file' button and select the image you want to upload, you'll see a new item appear in your dev tool's network tab that starts with 'bucketuploader.ashx?qqfile=' after which follows the name of the file you selected.
5. The list with network requests may contain a column names 'Status' holding three digit numbers. If not, you can select the item and you'll get additional info about the request, which should include the status code. The status code is only available once the upload is finished (this is also when the '[​img]…image-url…[​/img]' appears in the input field). A successful upload should have a code of 200, but perhaps you get a different code, in which case it would be interesting to know what it is. If you do get a 200 for the 'bucketuploader.ashx' request though, but the image still fails to show up on your wall after you submit the form, then the problem lies not in the uploading itself but probably in the handling after uploading.

*) Show XHR requests in the Network tab of the Developer Tools: right click in the input field and select 'Inspect' or 'Inspect element' or something similar from the context menu. This should open the developer tools, either as a popup or as a frame within your browser window. In the the dev tools select the Network tab. In that tab, near the top, you'll see a list of media types, including HTML (or Document or Doc, depending on your browser), CSS, JS, XHR, Image (or Img), Font, etc. Select XHR. This will show only that type of network requests in the list below. That list will probably show some items that start with 'backbone.ashx'.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by noll

Thx!

1. It doesn't seem to be specific to a certain browser then. Windows 10 perhaps, though that seems unlikely, as it would affect so many people. But perhaps others can confirm or refute this.
2. So, unlike for JWren, it's not hit-and-miss for you.
3. Curious if others who also run into these issues as well, also use only the upload function, or whether it happens when linking images too.
4a. What I meant was the file's byte size, not it's dimensions. I don't think Lush has a limit on dimension, as it will just zoom out if the pic is too big, but it does have a limit on the file size in bytes for the pics being uploaded. Not sure what that limit is though for the wall.

Perhaps you could try the following:
1. Go to your profile and post a test pic on your wall.
2. Hit the 'Upload an image from your computer' button.
3. Before you select an image open your browser's Developer Tools and select XHR in the Network tab, see below *)
4. If you now hit the 'Upload a file' button and select the image you want to upload, you'll see a new item appear in your dev tool's network tab that starts with 'bucketuploader.ashx?qqfile=' after which follows the name of the file you selected.
5. The list with network requests may contain a column names 'Status' holding three digit numbers. If not, you can select the item and you'll get additional info about the request, which should include the status code. The status code is only available once the upload is finished (this is also when the '[​img]…image-url…[​/img]' appears in the input field). A successful upload should have a code of 200, but perhaps you get a different code, in which case it would be interesting to know what it is. If you do get a 200 for the 'bucketuploader.ashx' request though, but the image still fails to show up on your wall after you submit the form, then the problem lies not in the uploading itself but probably in the handling after uploading.

*) Show XHR requests in the Network tab of the Developer Tools: right click in the input field and select 'Inspect' or 'Inspect element' or something similar from the context menu. This should open the developer tools, either as a popup or as a frame within your browser window. In the the dev tools select the Network tab. In that tab, near the top, you'll see a list of media types, including HTML (or Document or Doc, depending on your browser), CSS, JS, XHR, Image (or Img), Font, etc. Select XHR. This will show only that type of network requests in the list below. That list will probably show some items that start with 'backbone.ashx'.

Sorry for the blonde moment on pic size .. the pic size is not an issue as I've PM'd the pic/pics I have been trying to post to a Mod who was quite able to post it/them on his wall. Plus they are pics I have successfully uploaded in the past.

Interesting point.. those of us who are also Mems on the blue site experience no probs there.

However, your suggested experimental probe into the Developer corner of my PC sounds fun. I will fortify myself with a large ..
{Edit: Xtra large}
glass of double barrel Cab Sauv (3rd Vintage) .. a generous helping of a fresh mix of assorted nuts and crannies for the road... arm myself with a large stick for gremlin encounters.. and report back at the end of the trip!.

Thanks for trying to help. Knights riding to the rescue cast an exciting vision. Have prepared a park space while you await my outcome.

0 likes
Quote by hayley
Have prepared a park space while you await my outcome.

In the Netherlands even by the looks of it ;)

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by noll

In the Netherlands even by the looks of it ;)

Of course! Where else are horse peeps so switched on? ...

You know the Germans will sooo copy this!

Lurker
0 likes
For me.. this problem has been solved. Many thanks to all involved in the fix and to those who offered help and advice.

And to the member ( ) who sent cognac ... you will get your reward in heaven.

Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by hayley
For me.. this problem has been solved. Many thanks to all involved in the fix and to those who offered help and advice.

And to the member ( ) who sent cognac ... you will get your reward in heaven.

Excuse me but I really do think you should share that in the circumstances.