Submission oddities

last reply
64 replies
3.1k views
7 watchers
15 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

It seems I submitted a story called "Taps" only I didn't intend to submit it but rather to save it as a draft for editing later.  And now I can't get into it to edit it, which was my actual intent.  I have no idea why, I may have miss clicked, but this is very odd and i apologize to whatever editor gets this in advance. 

Almost 70 and I still got it!
0 likes

I found it & sent it back to you. Thanks for the heads-up.

--Genny

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Mail system

I cannot send a NEW MESSAGE message via the Mail system - I keep getting a message "Input a user" when I try and send a message to anybody

Is there a problem  ? To send a message I have to go to the person profile and send it from the mail icon there.

I can reply to anybody who sends me a message.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I have possibly submitted an incomplete story by mistake, although if I have, I do not know how I did. I just went into it (it is listed as unpublished) with a view to adding to it and I get a message saying "Making changes to this story will require the moderation team to reapprove the story before it is published." For the moment I will continue to edit and add to the story (which says this story is currently in draft). It is the 'reapprove' message that is bothering me.

Can someone please check to see if a story of mine entitled 'When We Were At School' has in fact been erroneously submitted?  Thank you.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by PJH

I have possibly submitted an incomplete story by mistake, although if I have, I do not know how I did. I just went into it (it is listed as unpublished) with a view to adding to it and I get a message saying "Making changes to this story will require the moderation team to reapprove the story before it is published." For the moment I will continue to edit and add to the story (which says this story is currently in draft). It is the 'reapprove' message that is bothering me.

Can someone please check to see if a story of mine entitled 'When We Were At School' has in fact been erroneously submitted?  Thank you.

Further to this, I have added to and edited the story through the day and have now submitted it. I still have no idea what the mysterious appearance of the note about reapproval meant.

Charming as fuck
0 likes

Hey Paul, it's just a warning that if you edit a published story, any edits will need reapproved. If you haven't submitted it yet, then it doesn't apply.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Jen

Hey Paul, it's just a warning that if you edit a published story, any edits will need reapproved. If you haven't submitted it yet, then it doesn't apply.

Thanks Jen. I write my stories direct to site and move in and out of them over a day or two, adding and saving a bit at a time. That message appeared today and it is the first time that it had appeared for me. I fully understand about wanting to edit a published story. 
Charming as fuck
0 likes

Yeah, we asked for the note to be added because some folk were making small changes post publication without realising their story went back to the queue. They just added it today.

Charming as fuck
0 likes
Quote by Meggsy

Mail system

I cannot send a NEW MESSAGE message via the Mail system - I keep getting a message "Input a user" when I try and send a message to anybody

Is there a problem  ? To send a message I have to go to the person profile and send it from the mail icon there.

I can reply to anybody who sends me a message.

Hiya, if you try clearing cache and cookies and it's still doing this, can you raise a help desk ticket? Thanks. It's working okay for me at the moment. The site was down for a wee while this morning for maintenance, so not sure if it was during that time.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Jen

Yeah, we asked for the note to be added because some folk were making small changes post publication without realising their story went back to the queue. They just added it today.

It all makes sense now. Thank you again Jen, sorry to have troubled you.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

The first story I published on the new Lush was actually a hold-over draft from before the changeover. Now when I just tried to do a story from scratch in the new Lush - well, I hit Save Draft and there was a brief message saying "draft saved." Then when it looked at my story list, is was marked "Story Pending - Awaiting Moderator Approval." I definitely did not hit the Submit button. Shouldn't it appear in the "unpublished" category?  I did this twice and I had to delete the story twice. What am I missing here? How do I upload it as a draft?

Charming as fuck
0 likes
Quote by LakeShoreLimited

The first story I published on the new Lush was actually a hold-over draft from before the changeover. Now when I just tried to do a story from scratch in the new Lush - well, I hit Save Draft and there was a brief message saying "draft saved." Then when it looked at my story list, is was marked "Story Pending - Awaiting Moderator Approval." I definitely did not hit the Submit button. Shouldn't it appear in the "unpublished" category?  I did this twice and I had to delete the story twice. What am I missing here? How do I upload it as a draft?

I've just tested it and it's working okay for me. I get a message saying the story has been saved in draft and I can see it in my unpublished list.

Can you try again and try hitting the left hand side of the 'save draft' button. I wonder if maybe there is a slight overlap in the buttons or something...

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Jen

I've just tested it and it's working okay for me. I get a message saying the story has been saved in draft and I can see it in my unpublished list.

Can you try again and try hitting the left hand side of the 'save draft' button. I wonder if maybe there is a slight overlap in the buttons or something...

Okay, I'll take a break and try it again in a couple of hours. Sorry, Jen, I believe you tested it, but a "slight overlap in the buttons?" Maybe that is true but wouldn't somebody have noticed it in the last month? By the way, how do I remove photos from the profile page gallery? If I hit "edit profile" - well, then what? Right-clicking on the photos doesn't seem to be it. Anyway, I appreciate your help.

Charming as fuck
0 likes

I'm not aware of people raising it as an issue. Just trying to think of a reason other than saying you probably just hit the wrong button, lol. There were some instances during beta testing where templates were slightly overlaid on each other.

I think it's only public media that shows on your profile. If you go into your media tab you can make whole albums private, or if they're in your public folder, move them to a private one.

Profile design and customisation is on the to do list for when bugs are ironed out.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Jen

I'm not aware of people raising it as an issue. Just trying to think of a reason other than saying you probably just hit the wrong button, lol. There were some instances during beta testing where templates were slightly overlaid on each other.

I think it's only public media that shows on your profile. If you go into your media tab you can make whole albums private, or if they're in your public folder, move them to a private one.

Profile design and customisation is on the to do list for when bugs are ironed out.

Jen, I've tried it twice more and the same thing happened. Could it be my browser, my operating system? I could try another browser I guess. But if this isn't worked out, I'm not going to delete my account, but I may cease submitting anything here for a while.  Does it have something to do with right clicking versus left clicking?The operating system is old, Windows 7. Could that be it? If it works for you, then maybe it has something to do with my computer at this end. I do get that message flashed "Draft Has Been Saved" but it is submitted instead.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Jen

Jen, I've tried it twice more and the same thing happened. Could it be my browser, my operating system? I could try another browser I guess. But if this isn't worked out, I'm not going to delete my account, but I may cease submitting anything here for a while.  Does it have something to do with right clicking versus left clicking?The operating system is old, Windows 7. Could that be it? If it works for you, then maybe it has something to do with my computer at this end. I do get that message flashed "Draft Has Been Saved" but it is submitted instead.
I tried it in Edge and Firefox too, and the same thing happens. I noticed that when I hit the "Save Draft" button, it becomes wider - really! - and could that overlap with the "Submit" button? Yet I do get that brief "Saved as Draft" message, but it is not saved as a draft. Does it sound like a problem on your end or my end? I did mention the Windows 7 operating system. Should I just wait a couple of weeks?
Rookie Scribe
0 likes

It seems like when I hit "Save Draft" it now submits the story for publication. At least now the home page does not generate an error.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Save draft works fine for me. I just checked it again. On laptop running chrome. I haven't tried from a phone.

I agree with meggsy. NEW MESSAGE, if you go to your mailbox and click that button, it can only be used to send a message to a friend from a dropdown list. If you try typing in a username it doesn't work. But it is no great hardship to go to the users page and click Message from there, which works fine. 

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Emusea

It seems like when I hit "Save Draft" it now submits the story for publication. At least now the home page does not generate an error.

So you are the second person that I know who has reported it. Yet it doesn't seem to happen to everybody, like Nicolas mentioned above. Yesterday I tried it on Chrome, Firefox, and Edge from a desktop. If it had started in early September, then a lot of people would have mentioned it by now. A recent glitch? The widening of the "Save Draft" button - I'm sure that is happening, which would suggest the template issue that Jen mentioned above. (I don't even know what that exactly means.) I'm absolutely sure I am hitting the correct button.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes

I use Opera, I think this is something new, though I haven't tried to save anything in the past week or so. This instance was while starting a new story.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Emusea

I use Opera, I think this is something new, though I haven't tried to save anything in the past week or so. This instance was while starting a new story.

Yes, mine was new as well. The previous story I published was a draft holdover from before September 6, which took them about three weeks to approve, but it worked. I might try it again today, but if I have to delete it again, I may wait a week for the next try. I wonder if it's worth filling out a support ticket for this issue. 
Oyster Catcher
0 likes

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but whenever I cut and paste into the Lush editor, it appears as a block of text. All spacing/paragraphs/line breaks gone (as well as formatting). Anyone else have this problem or know how to solve it? I'm close to giving up. Can't enter a story of more than 100 words like this - forget comps - can't edit like this. 

Down the Rabbit Hole - My latest competition entry.

The Intimate and Top Secret Files of Lady Jackhammer - 3rd place in the 'Punked' competition.

Samhain Shenanigans of the Satyr - 3rd place in the 'Halloweenie' competition

0 likes

I was told not to submit this as a bug, but to post it on this thread. It may already have been reported.

2 Oct 2021, 12:22 BST

The automatic word counts are wrong. Normally that might not matter for a story that is, say, 3,000 words. But it can matter a lot with Microfiction or Flash stories, and for competition stories, where there is often a restrictive word limit.

As an example, a just-published Micro, by kistinspencil, is *exactly*100 words (I counted them myself), but shows as being 177 words. Here's the story:
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/microfiction/in-nature-joined

The only way that number could be reached is if all the other words on the screen page are included, like "Comments", "Submit", the URL string at the top LHS of the screen, and so on. Clearly those should NOT be included in story word counts.

Thanks,
James

An incredibly talented, but modest Polar Bear, often mischievous, but never malicious!

Charming as fuck
0 likes
Quote by JamesLlewellyn

I was told not to submit this as a bug, but to post it on this thread. It may already have been reported.

2 Oct 2021, 12:22 BST

The automatic word counts are wrong. Normally that might not matter for a story that is, say, 3,000 words. But it can matter a lot with Microfiction or Flash stories, and for competition stories, where there is often a restrictive word limit.

As an example, a just-published Micro, by kistinspencil, is *exactly*100 words (I counted them myself), but shows as being 177 words. Here's the story:
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/microfiction/in-nature-joined

The only way that number could be reached is if all the other words on the screen page are included, like "Comments", "Submit", the URL string at the top LHS of the screen, and so on. Clearly those should NOT be included in story word counts.

Thanks,
James

This has already been reported thanks. IT are looking at it.

Charming as fuck
0 likes
Quote by Emusea

Yes, mine was new as well. The previous story I published was a draft holdover from before September 6, which took them about three weeks to approve, but it worked. I might try it again today, but if I have to delete it again, I may wait a week for the next try. I wonder if it's worth filling out a support ticket for this issue. 

We've reported this thanks. There are a few folk experiencing this

Rookie Scribe
0 likes

I tried a new story, saved a draft, and it seemed to work OK now.

Rookie Scribe
0 likes

I am experiencing this same problem. I tried to submit a brand new story today. I was using Chrome. I submitted it the first time and it appeared in my 'Unpublished' folder. When I went back to edit it, it was gone...nothing there. So, I redid it. 

When I pushed the Save Draft for the second attempt, it did not go to the 'Unpublished' folder. It seemed to disappear again. So I did it a third time. It also disappeared. When I dug a little deeper, I found that 2 drafts had been 'submitted' and were waiting for moderator approval. 

I deleted those 2 drafts and tried a 4th time. This time I noticed that when I pushed the Save Draft button, both that button AND the Submit button were triggered and the little 'loading' symbol was spinning on both buttons. That draft also went through as Submitted. 

At that point I had made all the edits I really needed, so I left it for approval, but this is a major problem, so I wanted to put in this report. 

Thanks,

Hedone

Quote by Emusea

So you are the second person that I know who has reported it. Yet it doesn't seem to happen to everybody, like Nicolas mentioned above. Yesterday I tried it on Chrome, Firefox, and Edge from a desktop. If it had started in early September, then a lot of people would have mentioned it by now. A recent glitch? The widening of the "Save Draft" button - I'm sure that is happening, which would suggest the template issue that Jen mentioned above. (I don't even know what that exactly means.) I'm absolutely sure I am hitting the correct button.

Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Interestingly.....when I submitted the report below, I watched as I pressed the 'Submit and Watch' button.  Both it AND the simple 'Submit' button were triggered as described below. So..it seems as though the same problem might exist on this page, too. (I am using Chrome here.)

Quote by Hedone

I am experiencing this same problem. I tried to submit a brand new story today. I was using Chrome. I submitted it the first time and it appeared in my 'Unpublished' folder. When I went back to edit it, it was gone...nothing there. So, I redid it. 

When I pushed the Save Draft for the second attempt, it did not go to the 'Unpublished' folder. It seemed to disappear again. So I did it a third time. It also disappeared. When I dug a little deeper, I found that 2 drafts had been 'submitted' and were waiting for moderator approval. 

I deleted those 2 drafts and tried a 4th time. This time I noticed that when I pushed the Save Draft button, both that button AND the Submit button were triggered and the little 'loading' symbol was spinning on both buttons. That draft also went through as Submitted. 

At that point I had made all the edits I really needed, so I left it for approval, but this is a major problem, so I wanted to put in this report. 

Thanks,

Hedone

Quote by Emusea

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Hedone
Interestingly.....when I submitted the report below, I watched as I pressed the 'Submit and Watch' button.  Both it AND the simple 'Submit' button were triggered as described below. So..it seems as though the same problem might exist on this page, too. (I am using Chrome here.)

Quote by Hedone

Thanks,

Hedone

Yes, it will go to the very end of the "published "folder," (with the "Waiting for Moderator Approval" notice) which is why I had trouble finding it the first time. If it was truly a draft, it should be in the unpublished folder. Interesting that yours seemed to  be duplicated with two copies - how could that be? I've tried this maybe seven times over several days, and the same thing always happens. Each time I had to delete the story because I wasn't finished with it. 

Oh yeah, I think I've also seen the loading symbol on both buttons even though I only hit one.

Voyeur @ f/64
0 likes

Once again, I am having considerable maddness submitting a story. It is, surprise, a Micro. I composed it in UltraEdit as pure plain text. The word count was 100 and I counted it manually just to be sure. Pasted into Lush, it showed at 115. Okay, fine. I added a cautionary note to the Mods about the count and submitted. When the story showed, it had a full paragraph inserted after the first line, 10 lines of blank paragraph code entered after, and the word count was over 140.

I can live with the wacky word count, but the paragraph is not happening -- it's my story, not some damn algorithm's. And last time, I got emails from people who didn't bother to leave comments or vote because there were five screens of blank following. I don't get many comments as it is, never even broke 20 after 155 tries. It hurts enough without this.