Login

Submission delay/format issue?

last reply
3 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I hate to come out of the box complaining (new here) so let me first assure you I’m not doing that. Just reasonably concerned I may have borked the submission process somehow.

Submitted a story the morning of 4/28. The guidelines (and I did a little research before reaching out) indicate 3 days or so is likely. Now on day 5.

Here’s where a Public Posting of my concern might be of benefit to others:

-During the cut/paste I had a warning that my PC settings wouldn’t allow for (something). So I had to cut/paste again into another box. Once that populated all paragraphs APPEARED to have an extra space between. On the follow up/preview page that again appeared to be the case. So I went back and eliminated the extra spacing on all the paragraphs, by hand in your submission window. The Preview page then appeared normal - or at least it does on my end.

It’s possible that even though it now looks normal to me - your end sees some fucktarded and endless paragraph of near 10k words? Yeah, we don’t want that.

I would assume if that were the case I’d get a note back to that effect? On the other hand, maybe you see that kinda nonsense and figure if I don’t know what a paragraph is then I’m a hopeless cause and forget it, eh? Or maybe it’s simply stuck in limbo or not viewable somehow.

Again, I did do some forum research here and I’m fairly certain I’ve exceeded whatever the que was Wed morning so I figured I best ask at this point (plus others may encounter that UI issue I did and a record of it here might be useful going forward. It happens to me when I cut/paste to email also, btw).

I’m not complaining! I’m just asking if it’s in the que and looks correct in terms of format ; )
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Howdy.

I took a quick look at your submission and the formatting looks fine.

As for when it will be processed, there are currently 69 stories pending in the moderation queue and yours is number 30. It's quite busy at the moment as we have a story competition open.

Hope that answers your questions.

Liz
Testing The Waters.
0 likes
I had the extra spacing problem as well. For some reason, the text processor started doing something weird a good while back. Do this find/replace before pasting:

Find: ^p^p
Replace: ^p

The original document will look horrible ( recommend saving a Lush specific copy, while keeping the final draft as-is in case you need to edit later ) but once pasted, it comes out right. ( At least using the "paste from Word" option )
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Copy that, Liz. Caught ya in another competition, eh ; P

Much appreciated.

Quote by RejectReality

Find: ^p^p
Replace: ^p

Excellent tip! Hella.

I’ll do that. Thank you both again.