Stupid questions and helpful answers clearinghouse

last reply
7 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
There are answers to be found for just about every question on Lush, but I don't always know where to find them if they're not covered in the site's FAQ, and searching through hundreds of topics in the Forum can be too time-consuming, and I hate bothering Nicola or Sprite, because they are so busy already. So how about we start a thread here in the Forum where in one spot, we can ask stupid questions (I call them stupid because we are all embarrassed to admit we don't know basic stuff that so many others around us seem to know), and anyone who has a good answer can jump in and answer the question of someone above them without judgment or ridicule.

I'll start...

I just celebrated 6 wonderful months on Lush, and I've gotten to know my way around pretty well, but I have never found a list of all the moderators and what their individual duties are. For instance... Callisto is the go-to person for posting audio to stories, but it took me several messages to different mods to learn that. Is there a list somewhere of who all the moderators are, and what services each one is best-suited to perform?

And here's another stupid question:

How do you make a story-link graphic to use as your Forum signature? Those neat pictures at the bottom of everyone's Forum post linking straight to their stories? Everyone seems to know how to do this but me!

DON'T BE SHY! Ask your stupid question here!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The list of mods is available by clicking the ? in the top bar and selecting "Lush Contacts"

The forum signature is on your settings - click the cog (left of the ? in the top bar) edit forum signature is the third link in the fourth column.
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

The forum signature is on your settings - click the cog (left of the ? in the top bar) edit forum signature is the third link in the fourth column.

Thanks! I know where the forum signature settings are, but how do I turn a picture into a link to a story, so that clicking anywhere on the picture takes you to your story?
CurlyFries
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier

Thanks! I know where the forum signature settings are, but how do I turn a picture into a link to a story, so that clicking anywhere on the picture takes you to your story?

I found the following forum thread very helpful in learning how to create story banners and embed the links. Halfway down the page you'll see a post by Catnip on how to actually embed. Good luck!

How Do I Make a Story Banner
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Thanks, CG! That's helpful. :-)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Just for future reference, I haven't seen a button for this. Is there a way to directly report a reply on the forums or do you need to go through the contact?

I also wanted to know about the banners, good question smile
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
Quote by PoisonIvory
Just for future reference, I haven't seen a button for this. Is there a way to directly report a reply on the forums or do you need to go through the contact?

I also wanted to know about the banners, good question smile

There isn't currently a way to directly report a forum post, but it would make a great addition if it's possible.

The forum we use came from something like a subscription service. We didn't create the features, but Nicola (and probably Gav) chooses which features are accessible to which members.

I'm sure if it were possible to directly report a post, it would have been made accessible by now. But just in case it's possible and is just something that's been overlooked, please feel free to put the idea forward in this thread: https://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_postst12279_Which-improvements-or-features-would-you-like-to-see-added.aspx

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dani

There isn't currently a way to directly report a forum post, but it would make a great addition if it's possible.

The forum we use came from something like a subscription service. We didn't create the features, but Nicola (and probably Gav) chooses which features are accessible to which members.

I'm sure if it were possible to directly report a post, it would have been made accessible by now. But just in case it's possible and is just something that's been overlooked, please feel free to put the idea forward in this thread: https://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_postst12279_Which-improvements-or-features-would-you-like-to-see-added.aspx

Great, Thanks. It would make it a lot quicker than going through the contact smile