Login

Story Link title doesn't match Story Title

last reply
5 replies
2 watchers
4 likes
Writius Eroticus
1 like

Yeah, for continuity of SEO and performance reasons (an endless redirect list) I guess the URL doesn't keep in step with title changes. But since it's in draft, I'd expect the slug to keep track until such time as it is approved for publication.

Not sure there's a clean fix right now. Since it's changed radically like that, maybe raise a help desk ticket and ask if the slug can be changed to match the title?

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find 111 full stories, 10 micro-stories, and 2 poems with the following features:

* 29 Editor's Picks, 74 Recommended Reads.
* 15 competition podium places, 10 other times in the top ten.
* 21 collaborations.
* A whole heap of often filthy, tense, hot sex.

Simple Scribbler
0 likes

Thank you, WW! I'm OK with leaving it, just wanted to point out it was happening smile

Site administrator
1 like

We have the same issue in the forums if a thread is renamed. So the development team are aware there is an issue with slugs and are going to buy some pellets.

Super Admin
2 likes

Just a note to say as WW says, this isn't a bug it is the intended behaviour. If names change dramatically we would have to look at them on a case by case basis to work out if we want the hassle of handling redirects.

Simple Scribbler
0 likes

Thanks for your response, Dan smile I had just thought since in draft, it wouldn't save the title until I hit 'Submit.'