Login

Question about the submission window.

last reply
6 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I can't seem to find an answer in the existing guides. Forgive me if I've just missed it.

When I copy text into the window on the submission page, it takes my double-spaced paragraph breaks and triple-spaces them. I end up going through paragraph by paragraph deleting lines. Is it something I'm doing? Is there a button I can press in that top line to make it leave the spacing alone?

I'm sure there's an easy answer and I've just spent half an hour needlessly backspacing, but I can't figger it out. Can somebody with a few more functioning brain cells than me help?
Code Monkey
0 likes
Quote by SixtyMinuteMan
I can't seem to find an answer in the existing guides. Forgive me if I've just missed it.

When I copy text into the window on the submission page, it takes my double-spaced paragraph breaks and triple-spaces them. I end up going through paragraph by paragraph deleting lines. Is it something I'm doing? Is there a button I can press in that top line to make it leave the spacing alone?

I'm sure there's an easy answer and I've just spent half an hour needlessly backspacing, but I can't figger it out. Can somebody with a few more functioning brain cells than me help?

Are you copying your story from MS Word? If so, I would copy into a plain text editor such as Notepad to lose the formatting that comes with a copy from Word. Then copy the text from Notepad into the submission box.

Hope this helps.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by gav

Are you copying your story from MS Word? If so, I would copy into a plain text editor such as Notepad to lose the formatting that comes with a copy from Word. Then copy the text from Notepad into the submission box.

Hope this helps.

Unfortunately I use italics sometimes, which I would lose in Notepad... I suspect it's just going to be a pain until I learn some new tricks. I'll try saving in different formats, see if one of them doesn't throw in the extra spaces when I paste it in here.

Thanks for the help. Gotta be a way to do it. I'll just poke around.
The Resident Princess
0 likes
Quote by SixtyMinuteMan

Unfortunately I use italics sometimes, which I would lose in Notepad... I suspect it's just going to be a pain until I learn some new tricks. I'll try saving in different formats, see if one of them doesn't throw in the extra spaces when I paste it in here.

Thanks for the help. Gotta be a way to do it. I'll just poke around.

I use Google docs in Google drive, and don't have this problem. I used to but me for some reason I don't. Not sure if lush did something or Google docs.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by TxPrincess

I use Google docs in Google drive, and don't have this problem. I used to but me for some reason I don't. Not sure if lush did something or Google docs.

Thanks, I'll try it.
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
Quote by SixtyMinuteMan

If you use MS Word (which many do) the key is to have the spacing AFTER the paragraph at AUTO. I usually type in Word, with the auto line break after the paragraph, copy and paste into an email .... and everything holds. From there I copy and paste it into Lush's submission page. (I do that just to ensure I don't have to fudge around with it once it's on the submission page)

It should appear to be around the same font size (line space) as if you did a hard or soft return. You should use a hard return, of course.

Your italics should also hold.

Hope that helps!

Van

PS .... Do not use double spacing unless you are preparing an affidavit or such to a court.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by VanGogh

If you use MS Word (which many do) the key is to have the spacing AFTER the paragraph at AUTO. I usually type in Word, with the auto line break after the paragraph, copy and paste into an email .... and everything holds. From there I copy and paste it into Lush's submission page. (I do that just to ensure I don't have to fudge around with it once it's on the submission page)

It should appear to be around the same font size (line space) as if you did a hard or soft return. You should use a hard return, of course.

Your italics should also hold.

Hope that helps!

Van

PS .... Do not use double spacing unless you are preparing an affidavit or such to a court.

Thanks a ton, I'll definitely give it a try. Hell, I use my email to back up my stories anyway.

PS... ? My stories look just like yours. Two lines between paragraphs is the difference between legibility and the world's greatest wall of text, especially in my 14,000-word epics.