Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Question about the submission window.

last reply
6 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
I can't seem to find an answer in the existing guides. Forgive me if I've just missed it.

When I copy text into the window on the submission page, it takes my double-spaced paragraph breaks and triple-spaces them. I end up going through paragraph by paragraph deleting lines. Is it something I'm doing? Is there a button I can press in that top line to make it leave the spacing alone?

I'm sure there's an easy answer and I've just spent half an hour needlessly backspacing, but I can't figger it out. Can somebody with a few more functioning brain cells than me help?
Code Monkey
Quote by SixtyMinuteMan
I can't seem to find an answer in the existing guides. Forgive me if I've just missed it.

When I copy text into the window on the submission page, it takes my double-spaced paragraph breaks and triple-spaces them. I end up going through paragraph by paragraph deleting lines. Is it something I'm doing? Is there a button I can press in that top line to make it leave the spacing alone?

I'm sure there's an easy answer and I've just spent half an hour needlessly backspacing, but I can't figger it out. Can somebody with a few more functioning brain cells than me help?

Are you copying your story from MS Word? If so, I would copy into a plain text editor such as Notepad to lose the formatting that comes with a copy from Word. Then copy the text from Notepad into the submission box.

Hope this helps.
Advanced Wordsmith
Quote by gav

Are you copying your story from MS Word? If so, I would copy into a plain text editor such as Notepad to lose the formatting that comes with a copy from Word. Then copy the text from Notepad into the submission box.

Hope this helps.

Unfortunately I use italics sometimes, which I would lose in Notepad... I suspect it's just going to be a pain until I learn some new tricks. I'll try saving in different formats, see if one of them doesn't throw in the extra spaces when I paste it in here.

Thanks for the help. Gotta be a way to do it. I'll just poke around.
The Resident Princess
Quote by SixtyMinuteMan

Unfortunately I use italics sometimes, which I would lose in Notepad... I suspect it's just going to be a pain until I learn some new tricks. I'll try saving in different formats, see if one of them doesn't throw in the extra spaces when I paste it in here.

Thanks for the help. Gotta be a way to do it. I'll just poke around.

I use Google docs in Google drive, and don't have this problem. I used to but me for some reason I don't. Not sure if lush did something or Google docs.
Advanced Wordsmith
Quote by TxPrincess

I use Google docs in Google drive, and don't have this problem. I used to but me for some reason I don't. Not sure if lush did something or Google docs.

Thanks, I'll try it.
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
Quote by SixtyMinuteMan

If you use MS Word (which many do) the key is to have the spacing AFTER the paragraph at AUTO. I usually type in Word, with the auto line break after the paragraph, copy and paste into an email .... and everything holds. From there I copy and paste it into Lush's submission page. (I do that just to ensure I don't have to fudge around with it once it's on the submission page)

It should appear to be around the same font size (line space) as if you did a hard or soft return. You should use a hard return, of course.

Your italics should also hold.

Hope that helps!

Van

PS .... Do not use double spacing unless you are preparing an affidavit or such to a court.
Advanced Wordsmith
Quote by VanGogh

If you use MS Word (which many do) the key is to have the spacing AFTER the paragraph at AUTO. I usually type in Word, with the auto line break after the paragraph, copy and paste into an email .... and everything holds. From there I copy and paste it into Lush's submission page. (I do that just to ensure I don't have to fudge around with it once it's on the submission page)

It should appear to be around the same font size (line space) as if you did a hard or soft return. You should use a hard return, of course.

Your italics should also hold.

Hope that helps!

Van

PS .... Do not use double spacing unless you are preparing an affidavit or such to a court.

Thanks a ton, I'll definitely give it a try. Hell, I use my email to back up my stories anyway.

PS... ? My stories look just like yours. Two lines between paragraphs is the difference between legibility and the world's greatest wall of text, especially in my 14,000-word epics.