Login

Profile page media display

last reply
11 replies
3 watchers
6 likes
Voyeur @ f/64
2 likes

Is now running like the Gallery page again, with images sliced and diced to fit some unknown format convention. Is this another interim fiddle or is it intended to be the new norm? If the latter, got to say, it is really not working. As in why the fuck bother if all a visitor sees is the middle landscape third of a portrait format nude?

Site administrator
0 likes

I am not seeing this problem. If you still are could you screenshot and PM me that?

1 like

Quote by simplyjohn

I am not seeing this problem. If you still are could you screenshot and PM me that?

It's difficult to see how you could miss it.

Some pictures you can only see in their full glory by selecting them.

Your own mirror selfie being a case in point. 😊

Site administrator
1 like

Quote by CallmeJayne

It's difficult to see how you could miss it.

Some pictures you can only see in their full glory by selecting them.

Your own mirror selfie being a case in point. 😊

Ok so I put my glasses on and had another cuppa and I still cant see it. I will ask the development team to look at this thread and see if it makes sense to them. 😒

By the way great selfie dont you think? (Be nice or find another site lol).

Writius Eroticus
1 like

It seems that instead of showing the images in their full aspect ratio, the profile gallery is a grid of square thumbnails. The notification yesterday from the development team said "infinite masonry profile media". Masonry being the technique used to interleave images of different sizes in a grid. Like Pinterest there.

Fixed square thumbs isn't quite the same as masonry, but it's using the same techniques here to get the infinite scroll to work with large quantities of images, so this is what we have.

The images are cropped centrally so you need to click on one to see it in its full glory (bonus: which registers as an interaction!) and from there, you can tap to scroll through... up until the next batch at least. When you reach the end of what's been lazy loaded next, you need to X out of the display mode, scroll down a bit and click another image to see them full size.

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find 109 full stories, 10 micro-stories, and 2 poems with the following features:

* 29 Editor's Picks, 72 Recommended Reads.
* 15 competition podium places, 9 other times in the top ten.
* 21 collaborations.
* A whole heap of often filthy, tense, hot sex.

Super Admin
1 like

Apologies I missed a config setting to enable the aspect ratio sizing, this should now be fixed.

Writius Eroticus
0 likes

Ahaaaaaa. Now that's more masonryish! That's actually much better than the grid. Thank you.

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find 109 full stories, 10 micro-stories, and 2 poems with the following features:

* 29 Editor's Picks, 72 Recommended Reads.
* 15 competition podium places, 9 other times in the top ten.
* 21 collaborations.
* A whole heap of often filthy, tense, hot sex.

Site administrator
0 likes

Well we start off talking photos and finish talking about bricks, stone and concrete. However I assume all is now well.

Voyeur @ f/64
0 likes

Thank you all for looking into this. There is still some random cropping to fit the tile, but most images are properly displayed now. I have to say I am still not a fan of the format, but so it goes.

😘

Testing The Waters.
0 likes

While we're on the subject of image presentation, why are signature images being resized larger than the originals and out of proportion, causing the images to look muddy? Reducing the displayed size I can understand, but what reason is there for making them larger?

Actual image from my server vs. the way it's displayed in my sig below:

Voyeur @ f/64
0 likes

Quote by RejectReality

While we're on the subject of image presentation, why are signature images being resized larger than the originals and out of proportion, causing the images to look muddy? Reducing the displayed size I can understand, but what reason is there for making them larger?

Actual image from my server vs. the way it's displayed in my sig below:

Sigs are rendered at 500 pix wide, whatever the quality. The actual image size will be mashed up or down to site standards, so make it as rich as possible at 500 wide to start with and hope for the best. Took me 4 tries to get an acceptable image to show.

Testing The Waters.
0 likes

Alrighty then. Problem solved. Adding an additional 50 pixels of width to my template is hardly an issue. Still looks a little muddy, but nowhere near as bad as when it's being stretched in both dimensions.