Login

Profile info won't fix after editing...

last reply
20 replies
3 watchers
6 likes
The Linebacker
0 likes

I've corrected my birthday in edit profile numerous times, but it never actually changes. Why won't it fix?

Also, there is a box for Trans on my profile. I can't delete it. It should not be on my profile.

Can l get these fixed?

Site administrator
0 likes

Quote by Buz

I've corrected my birthday in edit profile numerous times, but it never actually changes. Why won't it fix?

Also, there is a box for Trans on my profile. I can't delete it. It should not be on my profile.

Can l get these fixed?

What is your dob? The trans field is set to 'not applicable' and cannot be removed. Nobody else except you sees that when viewing your profile (the same is true of the dob field).

See the post by Danadmin further down please.

0 likes

Oh, this is nothing new.

My DOB is 22 of Dec, 1992 and since day one it has always shown up as

And trans option is for the users to choose transexual/gender, so we all get that option on our profile. It's nice that the option is there for users who want to use it.

Lush will celebrate you a day early. It's ok.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Quote by IMPURETHOUGHTS

Except it's not OK.

It's a bug. It's a bug that has been known for a year, nearly, and nothing has been done about it.

It's sloppy and is not a good look.

Site administrator
0 likes

Quote by dlcalguy

Except it's not OK.

It's a bug. It's a bug that has been known for a year, nearly, and nothing has been done about it.

I have just changed mine 3 times and every time it worked as expected. If yours is incorrect please advise and tell me what it should be. I will then have a look.

Site administrator
0 likes

Quote by IMPURETHOUGHTS

Oh, this is nothing new.

My DOB is 22 of Dec, 1992 and since day one it has always shown up as

And trans option is for the users to choose transexual/gender, so we all get that option on our profile. It's nice that the option is there for users who want to use it.

Do you want me to look into that?

Super Admin
1 like

The date of birth will be fixed in the next release it is a timezone issue that we have not seen before as it doesn't effect the UK.

0 likes

Quote by dlcalguy

Except it's not OK.

We all know it's a bug. It's no secret. Lush will take care of it.

0 likes

Quote by simplyjohn

Do you want me to look into that?

Yes and I can wait.

I'm excited for the first anniversary in this interface. Can you wear banana hammock and I'll wear pasties and thigh high socks just for you.

Site administrator
0 likes

Quote by IMPURETHOUGHTS

Yes and I can wait.

I'm excited for the first anniversary in this interface. Can you wear banana hammock and I'll wear pasties and thigh high socks just for you.

Well I may need to visit the optician but from what I see your dob is indeed 12/22/92. Oh I understand what Dan means now. Oh well to be addressed soon by the sounds of it smile

Erm.... regarding the first anniversary... I may well be off unwell that week or getting my hair cut.

Headbanging ape from cold North 🤘
0 likes

Quote by IMPURETHOUGHTS

We all know it's a bug. It's no secret. Lush will take care of it.

I work in IT. If I let a bug like that linger for a year, my job would be on the line. And "we'll take care of it" wouldn't cut it after that long. The response would be "when?"

A poem for your enjoyment. Little something that came to me a couple days ago

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-mistake-4

0 likes

Quote by Seeker4

I work in IT. If I let a bug like that linger for a year, my job would be on the line. And "we'll take care of it" wouldn't cut it after that long. The response would be "when?"

Oh, hello.

I was waiting for this response. That's all.

0 likes

Quote by simplyjohn

Erm.... regarding the first anniversary... I may well be off unwell that week or getting my hair cut.

Damn.

Already planning sick leave? And I see haircut being a wk before anniversary, so, can I get another excuse?

Site administrator
3 likes

Quote by Seeker4

On a personal level I would like to respond to that.

The DOB is only visible to the profile owner. Clearly its used to determine ones age. In my view I would best guess circa 30% of our members enter their real DOB and also allow visibility on their profile to their age. Its out by 1 day. Niggling perhaps but are their friends going to say 'Your profile says you are still 42 but I know your birthday was yeaterday'... I doubt it.

With so many other developments and fixes on the list, of a much higher priority, if I ran a development team and anyone expended any significant time on that then their job would be 'on the line'

**Smile, it's free therapy**
2 likes

Quote by Seeker4

I also work in IT.

The ToD stamps here on Lush for the things which legally matter, are correct.

Any user-selected data which does not impede; operational, reporting or legal requirements will not put jobs on the line at yours or any other organisation.

As someone working in IT, maybe you are able to provide a helpful suggestion to assist with a resolution, rather than throw shade for the sake of it?

I seem to write a story every 1.5 years on average.

You might as well check them out: https://www.lushstories.com/profile/Georgia_27_8/stories

XGX

❤️

*Pure Randomness*
0 likes

Quote by Georgia_27_8

I also work in IT.

The ToD stamps here on Lush for the things which legally matter, are correct.

Any user-selected data which does not impede; operational, reporting or legal requirements will not put jobs on the line at yours or any other organisation.

As someone working in IT, maybe you are able to provide a helpful suggestion to assist with a resolution, rather than throw shade for the sake of it?

I think I am in awe. I will sit over here and just admire Ms G from a distance. ❤️❤️❤️

Do not raise your voice, Improve your argument.

Site administrator
0 likes

There was an update applied earlier this week which I am told fixes the discrepancy with the dob for everyone.

0 likes

That's dope. I'll let a wk pass and see if it took effect.

Voyeur @ f/64
0 likes

Still a day off, but I generally exist outside of time, so that may be the reason.

0 likes

Quote by IMPURETHOUGHTS

That's dope. I'll let a wk pass and see if it took effect.

6 days have passed and no change.

Just an update.

--

Yes, in the next release. Thankyou, Dan.

I'm just being a pain in the ass, SimplyJohn.

❤️

Site administrator
0 likes

Reported back to the development team.