Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Notification issues

last reply
26 replies
1.3k views
1 watcher
4 likes

Just today, but several times today, I've seen a number by the notification symbol. When I click on the bell, I get three empty slots where a notification belongs. Sometimes I get a no notifications. I can't clear them, and I can't see them. either.

In other news, the entire notification counting system seems wonky. Sometimes when I hit clear ten, it clears the top ten, and other times it deletes the bottom ten.

Other times, it ends with a one by the bell with no notifications.

The notifications I really want I can find under interactions, but ...

I have been having similar issues for the last two days. In addition, Interaction posts are taking hours to show up and some that should not at all.

I would love to see the notification system reworked. They seem to appear and disappear of their own accord, and I often do not get them from forums I watch. Aggravating.

If it is being reworked, I’d like a way to turn off group notifications but keep notifications of comments and likes on stories. If you belong to a busy group you get swamped with notifications of posts and don’t notice if someone comments on a story

2 competition winning stories, 1 Famous story, a smattering of Editor's Picks, a handful of Recommended Reads and one Clitorides award are scattered amongst my stories.

One of a handful of writers to get the Omnium badge for writing in every category

For a book club with a difference... try this lesbian romp

My current issues with notifications:

Badge on bell doesn't reliably disappear even after viewing all notifications so I have to refresh to get rid of it.

Clicking on a notification about a forum post (like or reply) never takes me to the actual page that post is on. Clicking on notifications for replies still skips to a non-existent page after the last actual page of the thread. Clicking on notifications for likes often takes me to the original post, even if my post is on like the 400th page.

It's far from a perfect system and definitely needs a revamp.

Quote by deviantsusie

If it is being reworked, I’d like a way to turn off group notifications but keep notifications of comments and likes on stories. If you belong to a busy group you get swamped with notifications of posts and don’t notice if someone comments on a story

Yeah, a more fine-grained system would be nice, too. The software I use to run a site is almost too fine-grained but I kind of like it that way. You can literally get notified for replies to forum posts but not likes and that sort of thing.

A poem for your enjoyment. Little something that came to me a couple days ago

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-mistake-4

I am sorry I have only just seen this. It was reported over the weekend and its being investigated.

At first, it seemed as if the issue had been resolved today. But as I went through the waiting notifications, eventually I got to the empty three spaces, and it basically quit letting me see the notifications as before.

Quote by keylime314159

At first, it seemed as if the issue had been resolved today. But as I went through the waiting notifications, eventually I got to the empty three spaces, and it basically quit letting me see the notifications as before.

You are likely seeing just 3 blank entries which is the symptom most are experiencing... still being investigated.

This is still not working in the UK. I seem to remember that this happened a few weeks ago. I'm also not getting any updates on the "interactions" tab of my feed.

I have a 1 showing on the notification bell, but there is nothing on the drop down nor any entree on the Interactions page. It's been there since yesterday evening. I've logged out, cleared cache, etc, but it persists.

Quote by kistinspencil

I have a 1 showing on the notification bell, but there is nothing on the drop down nor any entree on the Interactions page. It's been there since yesterday evening. I've logged out, cleared cache, etc, but it persists.

I have posted further up to say these issues are being investigated. No solution yet; sorry.

Quote by kistinspencil

I have a 1 showing on the notification bell, but there is nothing on the drop down

This is not a fix, but from my experience of getting these 'ghost' notifications, it usually happens when you get, say, a bunch of notifications from the same person (perhaps a story comment and a Like) or two comments on the same forum thread from two different people.

Depending on how you open these to read them - new tab, click the notification itself, refresh the Interactions panel and click the entry in the list, etc - the system is only informed of the one you interacted with and clears that from the notification queue. But the act of landing on the destination page often means you end up seeing the outcome of both notifications. So it kind of does a 'soft clear' directly from the queue but doesn't also relay that to the notification handler. Thus a mismatch occurs and you get a 'limbo' counter which you can't clear.

Not sure if that's exactly how it works, but something like that might be the culprit. It could also be exacerbated by the fact that, when you click on the notification and it sends off request(s) to clear it down, "an error occured" randomly happens in the background due to a temporary server overload, and the request never gets through or the response gets eaten.

The way to fix it is to wait until another message comes in and use the Clear All link in the bell notification panel. But until you get a new notification, you're stuck with the phantom counter. Annoying glitch.

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find 112 full stories, 10 micro-stories, and 2 poems with the following features:

* 29 Editor's Picks, 74 Recommended Reads.
* 15 competition podium places, 10 other times in the top ten.
* 21 collaborations.
* A whole heap of often filthy, tense, hot sex.

Quote by simplyjohn

I have posted further up to say these issues are being investigated. No solution yet; sorry.

Sorry. I missed your post above. Thank you

I have 53 notifications tonight, yet when I click the icon I have none over a week now.

This is still under investigation and of course it also means your Interactions are not being updated. Some members are also getting an error upon login and trying to look at the activity feed. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Some members are also getting an error upon login and trying to look at the activity feed. Apologies for the inconvenience.

I am having both of these issues but right now its just cant read my 11 notifications !!!

Yes, having the same issues on notifications now have 15 but can't open them or see them. Please correct thanks.

I see this has already been brought up, but I show 35 notifications and it won't open to any, just blank. Ongoing, I guess?

Please take a peek at my stories! Here's a small variety pack:

To Soar With Eagles | Lush Stories An emotional story of love and loss that may touch your heart. Sexy... yes, of course, but uplifting as well! And a Recommended Read!

I Like Big Cocks and I Cannot Lie: Part 1 of 2 | Lush Stories A 2-part story of my bisexual husband and I engaging with a very well-endowed friend!

The Gift That Keeps On Giving | Lush Stories My thoughtful husband gifts me an erotic beach massage session with a large and talented Jamaican masseur... and oh my!

Quote by Wet_n_willing

I see this has already been brought up, but I show 35 notifications and it won't open to any, just blank. Ongoing, I guess?

Yes its still with the development team.

I have just been advised that all is now well. smile

Quote by simplyjohn

I am sorry I have only just seen this. It was reported over the weekend and its being investigated.

This doesn't need investigated it needs to be addressed and Solved and Soon !!!

Quote by simplyjohn

Yes its still with the development team.

Thanks John, but after letting me open several today (sometimes loading very slowly) it has now quit again. So apparently it's improved, but not fixed.

It has always been a little glitchy in that it will run it down to a lower number as you check them, but then say 'No notifications' when you haven't opened them all, requiring a page refresh to get the rest back. It also often stays at 1 or 2 after you've opened all and there are really zero. Seems to still be a little bug-infested...

To Soar With Eagles | Lush Stories An emotional story of love and loss that may touch your heart. Sexy... yes, of course, but uplifting as well! And a Recommended Read!

I Like Big Cocks and I Cannot Lie: Part 1 of 2 | Lush Stories A 2-part story of my bisexual husband and I engaging with a very well-endowed friend!

The Gift That Keeps On Giving | Lush Stories My thoughtful husband gifts me an erotic beach massage session with a large and talented Jamaican masseur... and oh my!

Quote by Wet_n_willing

Thanks John, but after letting me open several today (sometimes loading very slowly) it has now quit again. So apparently it's improved, but not fixed.

It has always been a little glitchy in that it will run it down to a lower number as you check them, but then say 'No notifications' when you haven't opened them all, requiring a page refresh to get the rest back. It also often stays at 1 or 2 after you've opened all and there are really zero. Seems to still be a little bug-infested...

So to clarify are you saying that you have notifications you cant see or perhaps you get the spinning wheel or 3 blank entries?

Quote by simplyjohn

So to clarify are you saying that you have notifications you cant see or perhaps you get the spinning wheel or 3 blank entries?

I was about to come back and say it was working - it let me open and view about a dozen of them, but then quit again and I still show 39 left. And yes, it's the 3 blank spaces I get. Once in a while, if I wait 10 seconds or so it will fill in, but eventually it won't - and refreshing does nothing either. 😕

Seems to be working fine today, thank you!

It has it's moments.

If I go to interactions page, I'll see that post where liked but didn't show up on notifications drop bar.

At times, it'll be highlighted green as if I clicked on it but no, still there.

Idk.

The error logs have been checked this morning and we believe the notification issues have now been resolved.

If however anyone still has issues please raise a support ticket:

https://www.lushstories.com/support