Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Notice of a message disappeared before I read it.

last reply
7 replies
2.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Just after I logged in a popup a message appeared in the top right corner. It said 22 hours ago something happened. I assume it was some kind of message but it disappeared before I read the rest. I did not notice if there was a user name there.

I looked on the messages page and the chat tab and found nothing about any message. Is it gone or should I be able to find whatever it is somewhere?

Thanks.
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
It was probably a black box (instant message). Those go away once you refresh a page or otherwise navigate away from it.

If you go to your messages and select the 'online' tab, you'll see all your black box messages.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks for the idea, but I had a look and the online tab has nothing in it either.
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
These are the notifications that go away almost as quickly as they appear:

1. Someone posted on your wall.
2. Someone sent you a private message.
3. Someone voted/commented on your story (I'm not too sure about this one so someone else may have to confirm).
4. Someone on your friends list has logged on.

You also get a notification when someone pokes you, but as with the black boxes, they don't go away unless you either manually close them yourself, reply, or refresh/navigate away from the page.

One of these things must have occurred. So check your profile (or your timeline) for new wall posts or to see if you've been poked. If you're an author, check for new comments or scores.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
If one of your friends log in the black boxes tell you and then go away really quickly. It was probably something like that, at least that is what it sounds like.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks again. I have a feeling it may have said private message. I guess you just have to read them before they disappear.
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
As it disappeared with no other record in your inbox or online messages, as Dani says it was probably just a notice of a friend signing in at the time, so nothing crucial!
Velvet-Voiced Titillator
0 likes
Quote by Dani
These are the notifications that go away almost as quickly as they appear:

1. Someone posted on your wall.
2. Someone sent you a private message.
3. Someone voted/commented on your story (I'm not too sure about this one so someone else may have to confirm).
4. Someone on your friends list has logged on.

You also get a notification when someone pokes you, but as with the black boxes, they don't go away unless you either manually close them yourself, reply, or refresh/navigate away from the page.

One of these things must have occurred. So check your profile (or your timeline) for new wall posts or to see if you've been poked. If you're an author, check for new comments or scores.

This doesn't happen, but all the others are spot on.

As others have said a box that disappears without a trace (no sign of post on your profile, message in inbox, or record of chat in online chat in messages) then it's most likely a friend signing in.