last reply
12 replies
2.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Hi
Could someone look into why I am not getting any email notification when I receive a PM etc.
Thank you
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Hi
yes "Send me an email alert when I receive a message" has a tick next to it
Nothing is in spam and I have checked out the email address via doing a copy and paste of the email in" Personal Details" into outlook.
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by Hosereel
Hi
yes "Send me an email alert when I receive a message" has a tick next to it
Nothing is in spam and I have checked out the email address via doing a copy and paste of the email in" Personal Details" into outlook.

What are the time frames here please? .. sometimes there can be quite a delay in receiving the personal email when you receive a Lush pm.

edit - suggestion. Tick for Social Comments and post on your wall/have a friend do that .. see if you receive an email for that event.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Have you checked your Spam or Junk folder? For a very brief time I had my notifications sent to my folder until I told my email provider those messages were not Sometimes when a email provider is updated... they forget what you've approved in the past.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Hi all,
Still no email 9+ h.Just in case some odd issue with my last email address i have set up a new one.
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by Hosereel
Hi all,
Still no email 9+ h.Just in case some odd issue with my last email address i have set up a new one.

I have sent you a pm that hopefully you will be notified of. Please confirm. Sent at 6:51 GMT.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Hi sorry did not receive an email
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by Hosereel
Hi sorry did not receive an email

I just sent myself a pm and got notified immediately to my personal account.

Have you ever received notifications? What do you use for email? (Outlook?).

I cant help thinking the emails are being blocked by your email service provider possibly because its an adult site ..

edit - did you verify the new email id? Did you try my suggestion above? (Social Comments).
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Thank you for all your help, to answer your questions:-

I have enabled Social Comments and will let to know the out come

I have revived posts i some weeks ago.

I have tried to change my email address but have found that the system will not except it eg enter the new address update only to find that it has reverted back to the original address.

Yes I use my ISP mail facility/Outlook and other mail clients, I have reset spam filer to confirm that it should not block spam mail.
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by Hosereel

Thank you for all your help, to answer your questions:-

I have enabled Social Comments and will let to know the out come

I have revived posts i some weeks ago.

I have tried to change my email address but have found that the system will not except it eg enter the new address update only to find that it has reverted back to the original address.

Yes I use my ISP mail facility/Outlook and other mail clients, I have reset spam filer to confirm that it should not block spam mail.

That sounds to me like you have not verified it, i.e. Lush, like many sites, will send you an email to the address you stated and in that is a link back to their site to verify the address you gave. If you arent even getting that verification email then something is wrong your end I would suggest and thats why the email address isnt being changed.

I use Gmail and have done nothing to the setup so its default and it works fine for me. Another test thus would be to setup a Gmail account (1 minute) and then try that. If that works I think it proves the problem is with your email.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Thank you, using your idea I am now up and running.
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by Hosereel
Thank you, using your idea I am now up and running.

Finally!. Good news smile.