Mailbox not working

last reply
21 replies
1.6k views
3 watchers
10 likes
Active Ink Slinger
1 like

And the instant messaging/chat disappeared, now there is a new style of mailbox that is even worse than the previous one.

1. I don't receive message from my friends;

2. Messages I sent to my friends tend to disappear;

3. I don't receive messages from moderator.

So, my story has been rejected and I have no idea why.

This new site is getting worse day by day.

💔

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOU CAN'T LET ANYONE COME IN BETWEEN YOU AND THE THINGS YOU'RE PASSIONATE ABOUT IN THIS LIFE, OR IT AIN'T WORTH LIVING.

0 likes

Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

I am not suffering from this bug.

Sent a test text to one of my lush babes, and everything is ok w/ us.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

too bad...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOU CAN'T LET ANYONE COME IN BETWEEN YOU AND THE THINGS YOU'RE PASSIONATE ABOUT IN THIS LIFE, OR IT AIN'T WORTH LIVING.

0 likes

We can wait for a bit. Once a report is sent, Team will figure it out.

Partner-in-Lust / Cummunist
0 likes

Quote by WiseGinger

And the instant messaging/chat disappeared, now there is a new style of mailbox that is even worse than the previous one.

💔

Hi!

I'm the moderator who handled your story yesterday. I can see the message in my Messenger and in the Notes on the story as well. Time stamp says 11.31 am.

I can copy and paste it if you need. Feel free to contact me, so we can solve this.

Thanks, AC

Curiosity is one of those insatiable passions that grow by gratification.
Super Admin
1 like

Hey WiseGinger,

Looking at your Privacy Settings you have chosen to disallow messages from everyone. This obviously doesn't account for the moderator messages not getting through so I will look into that.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Quote by danadmin

Hey WiseGinger,

Looking at your Privacy Settings you have chosen to disallow messages from everyone. This obviously doesn't account for the moderator messages not getting through so I will look into that.

But I got messages from moderator in the past. The problem is that also my friends' messages don't go through.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Quote by AvidlyCurious

Quote by WiseGinger

💔

Hi!

I'm the moderator who handled your story yesterday. I can see the message in my Messenger and in the Notes on the story as well. Time stamp says 11.31 am.

I can copy and paste it if you need. Feel free to contact me, so we can solve this.

Thanks, AC

AvidlyCurious, I have one message from you back on Jan 28.

1 like

I think Dan is saying that you need to change your privacy settings to allow messages through, for some reason these are set to not allow you to recieve messages.

0 likes

If these two boxes are not ticked, then you've mistakenly chose not to receive mail.

Simple Scribbler
1 like

Dan, FYI, if this helps, I was successfully messaging with AvidlyCurious yesterday, so doubt it's on her end of settings

Super Admin
3 likes

There was an issue fixed yesterday that was preventing friends and mods from getting through these filters. Hopefully everything should work as expected now.

Partner-in-Lust / Cummunist
2 likes

Ginger wrote to me yesterday and she received my reply, so apparently all is good smile

Thank you!

Curiosity is one of those insatiable passions that grow by gratification.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I have a similar problem. My Notifications (the little bell) shows that I have 5 messages, but I cannot see them. All I get is the little circle constantly rotating. The Message function (envelope) seems to be working properly. I have checked my Privacy Settings as outlined above, and I am OK to receive.

Could you please investigate?

Thanks

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Quote by danadmin

There was an issue fixed yesterday that was preventing friends and mods from getting through these filters. Hopefully everything should work as expected now.

I reported this as an issue before the turn of the year. It this now fixed for good?

Is there a thread that announces implementations? Just happening upon a reply in a random thread isn't the best way to find things out.

Charming as fuck
1 like

Quote by dlcalguy

Quote by danadmin

I reported this as an issue before the turn of the year. It this now fixed for good?

Is there a thread that announces implementations? Just happening upon a reply in a random thread isn't the best way to find things out.

Fixed for good is so permanent, lol. Sometimes code gets changed and it inadvertently does something unforseen, so things need to be walked back until the culprit is found. Such is life.

There is a sticky thread for implementations, but we really only use it to announce when interesting things happen. Things like 'optimising cams feature' doesn't really get anyone hot and bothered.

Biggies like the mailbox change generally warrant their own thread so people can give some feedback.

Weaver of Words
0 likes

Quote by Jen

Quote by dlcalguy

Quote by danadmin

Fixed for good is so permanent, lol. Sometimes code gets changed and it inadvertently does something unforseen, so things need to be walked back until the culprit is found. Such is life.

There is a sticky thread for implementations, but we really only use it to announce when interesting things happen. Things like 'optimising cams feature' doesn't really get anyone hot and bothered.

Biggies like the mailbox change generally warrant their own thread so people can give some feedback.

There is a little thing called regression testing that handles things like that. If you are unfamiliar with it, I would be more than happy to explain it.

Charming as fuck
0 likes

Quote by adele

There is a little thing called regression testing that handles things like that. If you are unfamiliar with it, I would be more than happy to explain it.

That's a really kind gesture, thanks Adele smile

Just post here so others can benefit too.

0 likes

I'm trying to use the new messaging / mailbox but it does not seem to be consistent. Sometimes when I click on the envelope icon, I get what looks a little bit like the old Black Boxes, with a list of people who have texted me. The ones I haven't read are bolded – although the number of messages it indicates that I have doesn't seem to agree with the number indicated on the icon. Sometimes I can't make the number disappear (i.e., go to zero).

When I read a message, it can be of any length, from a single line to several paragraphs. Sometimes, each paragraph seems to be a separate message.

Other times when I click on the envelope icon, I'm taken to a new page with an envelope on the RHS of the page, and a list of messages on the left. When I click on the icon from a friend, I read the message as if it were an email.

All told, I have not been able to figure out how it works, and it doesn't seem to be consistent.

Likewise, the notification system does not work. Just now the bell icon showed 55 messages. I clicked on it and found 10 notifications from people I mostly didn't know – probably related to threads that I have followed. I clicked on "Clear 10" and 20 notifications disappeared – but not the 10 I had already seen. I tried again, and was left with 5 notifications – but again, none of the ones I had already seen disappeared. I kept seeing the SAME notifications over and over, and have no idea what the other 45 notifications were about.

Either I just don't understand how this is supposed to work – or it's not working.

Help?

An incredibly talented, but modest Polar Bear, often mischievous, but never malicious!

0 likes

Quote by JamesLlewellyn

I'm trying to use the new messaging / mailbox but it does not seem to be consistent. Sometimes when I click on the envelope icon, I get what looks a little bit like the old Black Boxes, with a list of people who have texted me. The ones I haven't read are bolded – although the number of messages it indicates that I have doesn't seem to agree with the number indicated on the icon. Sometimes I can't make the number disappear (i.e., go to zero).

When I read a message, it can be of any length, from a single line to several paragraphs. Sometimes, each paragraph seems to be a separate message.

Other times when I click on the envelope icon, I'm taken to a new page with an envelope on the RHS of the page, and a list of messages on the left. When I click on the icon from a friend, I read the message as if it were an email.

All told, I have not been able to figure out how it works, and it doesn't seem to be consistent.

Likewise, the notification system does not work. Just now the bell icon showed 55 messages. I clicked on it and found 10 notifications from people I mostly didn't know – probably related to threads that I have followed. I clicked on "Clear 10" and 20 notifications disappeared – but not the 10 I had already seen. I tried again, and was left with 5 notifications – but again, none of the ones I had already seen disappeared. I kept seeing the SAME notifications over and over, and have no idea what the other 45 notifications were about.

Either I just don't understand how this is supposed to work – or it's not working.

Help?

Hello.

New Message System

Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

When in forums, stories section(page) or while reading a users story, you get the "lite" mailbox.

Anywhere else on the site, by clicking on envelope icon, you'll be directed to full inbox(message) page.

To see full inbox click here

Sometimes when submitting a post, you can easily by mistake click on "Submit and Watch"

0 likes

Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

Quote by JamesLlewellyn

Help?

Hello.

New Message System

Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

When in forums, stories section(page) or while reading a users story, you get the "lite" mailbox.

Anywhere else on the site, by clicking on envelope icon, you'll be directed to full inbox(message) page.

Sometimes when submitting a post, you can easily by mistake click on "Submit and Watch"

So – what is there other than the Forum and Stories and reading of stories? Other than clicking on the link you provided, where do I get mailbox NOT lite?

I understand why I'm getting notifications about posts by people I don't know, but I don't know why I cannot view more than 10 notifications – even when I click "Clear 10". I'm left with the same 10 notifications – and ones I have not seen disappear.

An incredibly talented, but modest Polar Bear, often mischievous, but never malicious!

0 likes

Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

Quote by JamesLlewellyn

Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

Quote by JamesLlewellyn

Help?

Hello.

New Message System

Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

So – what is there other than the Forum and Stories and reading of stories? Other than clicking on the link you provided, where do I get mailbox NOT lite?

I understand why I'm getting notifications about posts by people I don't know, but I don't know why I cannot view more than 10 notifications – even when I click "Clear 10". I'm left with the same 10 notifications – and ones I have not seen disappear.

You can see full notifications through ACTIVITY before you clear the bell notifications. Once you've seen them, then you can clear them under CLEAR ALL. New Notifications trump the old ones which can easily be desyphered by day/hr. If you've cleared the first ten, then you've cleared the new ones. Old ones are last.

I'll link you again to mailbox which should take you to full page and not see the small "lite mode"

Quoted original post to add screenshot

And in "lite mode" you can click on the three dots and choose VIEW MAILBOX and you'll be taken to the above screenshot.