Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Keep getting logged out

last reply
70 replies
3.7k views
3 watchers
9 likes

Normally I can stay logged in for days, weeks or even months on end. But tonight I've had to re-login at least 4 times already. Anyone else having this same issue?

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Yeah, I noticed that too.

Please help. I read a story. Give a star rating and go to write a comment and POOF - logged out. While reading a comp story entry, I get a pop-up message notice and when I click on it - POOF, I am prompted to log in - I was just there! I am in messages reading or chatting and I expand the window, and , you guessed it, POOF, prompted to log in again.
My subscription doesn't renew until September - so, that's not a hint to renew.
Is there a solution?

Can you all raise support tickets please. Please give as much information as you can. Also please ponder on what may have changed locally for you, i.e. changes to your device, ISP etc. Nobody else has reported this. State device, operating system and browser please.

OK, will do. Nothing has changed on my local end...

Quote by simplyjohn

Can you all raise support tickets please. Please give as much information as you can. Also please ponder on what may have changed locally for you, i.e. changes to your device, ISP etc. Nobody else has reported this. State device, operating system and browser please.

I reported something similar months ago. Hitting the back button on my phone was taking me all the way out. Your response was that my phone/operating system is too old and you closed the ticket without taking any action. The issue went away some time later. This was clearly an unintended consequence of a software change, resolved serendipitously by another. I would suggest investigating recent patches.

A not dissimilar thing sometimes happens to me if I leave a chatroom. I then get the red bar at the top saying 'Login' but I have found that if I click on the back arrow a few times, I am back to being logged in without physically doing it.

This is a quite recent occurrence for me.

I have raised this with the development team and will advise in due course.

Quote by noll

Normally I can stay logged in for days, weeks or even months on end. But tonight I've had to re-login at least 4 times already. Anyone else having this same issue?

Same but I click on LOGIN and seeing as my info is saved to my devices, I am automatically logged on.

Still the same. For me at least.

Quote by noll

Still the same. For me at least.

It's the same for me but I don't mind at all as my info is saved and by tapping over login it states at the bottom logging on as IMPURETHOUGHTS

This is still being investigated, thanks.

Please fix this, I get the login page every time I try to move around within Lush. Logged in 8 times today. For example, after reading a story, I tried to open messages and got logged out. Same with chatroom etc. Very frustrating.

There isnt an update on this. However I do know its actually being investigated now and hopefully that will bear fruit.

OK, now I'm confused. This thread suggests that we "raise support tickets", which I did on July 30th.

Today I posted an update to say it was still happening, and I got a note saying I should check this thread.

I don't see anything on this thread that provides any more information, or assistance.

Let me simply ask: WTF?

Or is the information that it is being investigated? If so, that's fine. This problem is annoying, but not debilitating

An incredibly talented, but modest Polar Bear, often mischievous, but never malicious!

Quote by JamesLlewellyn

OK, now I'm confused. This thread suggests that we "raise support tickets", which I did on July 30th.

Today I posted an update to say it was still happening, and I got a note saying I should check this thread.

I don't see anything on this thread that provides any more information, or assistance.

Let me simply ask: WTF?

Or is the information that it is being investigated? If so, that's fine. It's annoying, but not debilitating

Your message today, to the open support ticket you have on this, was 'Still happening…'. My post here, just 13 hours ago, is the latest update/information I have which is why my response was to have a look at this thread.

It would be nice if we could see all support tickets and their status, even if closed (btw here 'closed' seems to mean that they're passed on to the development team, while normally closed means either fixed or won't fix, or something like that).

Being able to see all tickets could reduce the number of duplicates.

For some issues there could be a private flag, where only the person who filed the ticket, and the Lush team, can see it.

#my2cents

Why post multiple tickets for the same issue, it obviously is a know problem.

I for one am getting sick and tired of it. Several times now, I've been working on a poem or another long answer in a forum thread, only to get it thrown in the digital bit shredder because Lush logged me out.

Nothing has changed here and since many members are suffering from the same problem, it obviously is an issue caused by a change in lush. Please solve it.

A little kindness can be so valuable, yet costs almost nothing

In many countries being gay is a crime, and even in modern societies, politicians try to legalise discrimination. Your voice can make a difference. Have a look at All Out to find out how.

Hey... pssst.... that's an l (as in luscious) at the end of my name, not an i

Quote by patokl
Why post multiple tickets for the same issue, it obviously is a know problem.

Because it helps the tech team identify the root cause of the issue. Is it certain devices, certain countries, certain network providers etc.

It's not happening to everyone, so narrowing who is affected helps.

Quote by noll

It would be nice if we could see all support tickets and their status, even if closed (btw here 'closed' seems to mean that they're passed on to the development team, while normally closed means either fixed or won't fix, or something like that).

Being able to see all tickets could reduce the number of duplicates.

For some issues there could be a private flag, where only the person who filed the ticket, and the Lush team, can see it.

#my2cents

Ok, this was funny. Noll being nosey.

Quote by patokl

I for one am getting sick and tired of it. Several times now, I've been working on a poem or another long answer in a forum thread, only to get it thrown in the digital bit shredder because Lush logged me out.

SimplyJohn has suggested to use Microsoft Word or whatever your device may have(I use Samsung Notes/clipboard) to type your response then copy and send message just in case you get booted from site or a refresh of the site happens.

Yes - I have done 2 tickets already (which were merged into one). I am at the point of actually dreading logging in to LUSH

Quote by IMPURETHOUGHTS

Ok, this was funny. Noll being nosey.

It has nothing to do with me being nosey. It's just how a lot of bug reporting for (web) applications work. And it makes a lot of sense.

Quote by noll

It has nothing to do with me being nosey. It's just how a lot of bug reporting for (web) applications work. And it makes a lot of sense.

I think Lush tried this once. To have a notice board of what bugs/things will be done but seeing as it was a close thread, users would create thread about said issues and it was just chaos.

We cannnot have updates cause users will start to say, "well you said on this timeline and you didn't do it.

Why don't you get people who will only work on Lush, etc., etc.,...

I don't want to know anything. I want to be surprised.

I may have gone off topic, but really, do I ever stay on topic?

Quote by Beachgirl1959

Yes - I have done 2 tickets already (which were merged into one). I am at the point of actually dreading logging in to LUSH

I agree - it's pissing me off now as it seems to have gotten worse (happening more often). It's particularly annoying when in the middle of writing a long reply/review or post & it logs you out - losing all that work. This has happened to me too many time now!

I raised a ticket too

Out of interest, what devices are you all using?

I use both my Samsung Tab S8 and Iphone.

My primary device, the Tab, has only ever logged me out four or five times maximum during almost a month that this thread has been live. I don't use my Iphone enough to really notice it.

I would like to assume that's because I was idle for about 15 minutes whilst doing other things off of that device and completely ignored Lush at the time and it restricts background data when not in use.

I seem to write a story every 1.5 years on average.

You might as well check them out: https://www.lushstories.com/profile/Georgia_27_8/stories

XGX

❤️

Quote by Georgia_27_8

Out of interest, what devices are you all using?

I use both my Samsung Tab S8 and Iphone.

My primary device, the Tab, has only ever logged me out four or five times maximum during almost a month that this thread has been live. I don't use my Iphone enough to really notice it.

I would like to assume that's because I was idle for about 15 minutes whilst doing other things off of that device and completely ignored Lush at the time and it restricts background data when not in use.

MacBook Pro, almost exclusively, OS 10.15.7, mostly using Firefox.

Upgrading next week to a new MacBook.

An incredibly talented, but modest Polar Bear, often mischievous, but never malicious!

Logs me out regularly on both desktop (Firefox on Mac) and phone (Via) after approx 40 mins of inactivity or when there's an update pushed. The latter is understandable, the former isn't.

But the timed logout doesn't happen on Safari (same Mac). Nor Chrome (any OS). Maybe Blink/WebKit are immune to this phenomenon? Edit: although other reports conflict with this finding.

To be clear, sometimes I'm dumped to the login screen and a second refresh logs me back in automatically. Other times, a refresh will drop me to the home page rather than the page I was previously on. Which is usually the Comments and Likes page or message windows.

I think the phrase is "go figure".

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find 112 full stories, 10 micro-stories, and 2 poems with the following features:

* 29 Editor's Picks, 74 Recommended Reads.
* 15 competition podium places, 10 other times in the top ten.
* 21 collaborations.
* A whole heap of often filthy, tense, hot sex.

It's happened to me once on Chrome. Like you say, go figure, lol.

This is still being looked at. It's not happened on any other sites which use the same codebase, seems to be specific to lush and seems random, so they're still looking for the common thread. Please continue to submit a ticket if it happens to you, with device/browser details, as the more detail we have, the clearer the picture will become. Thanks.

Quote by WannabeWordsmith
Logs me out regularly on both desktop (Firefox on Mac) and phone (Via) after approx 40 mins of inactivity or when there's an update pushed. The latter is understandable, the former isn't.

Both scenarios are completely understandable.
If you are inactive for 40 minutes your progress/changes should absolutely be saved, but you simply don't need to be logged in.

As a techie, I would be more than happy to be auto-logged out due to inactivity after 15 minutes, let alone 40!
Not only does it save data and battery, it also provides an additional security feature for if someone was able to get into your device without your permission.

Considering a lot of us are on Lush in secret, I am disappointed that this isn't actually a standard site feature.
Especially for those of us with site administrative tools at our service.

I seem to write a story every 1.5 years on average.

You might as well check them out: https://www.lushstories.com/profile/Georgia_27_8/stories

XGX

❤️