how to post pic's in the chat rooms

last reply
9 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Hello everyone, I am new to this site and I been trying like hell to understand HOW TO POST a PIC to the chat room or to someone page...

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SHOW ME HOW...

Thanks
Site administrator
0 likes
Find an image on the internet that you wish to post. The image must have an extension of (end with) .jpeg, .jpg, .gif or .png.

Depending on which browser you use you need to effectively copy and paste the image url into either the chat room message box or the Add a comment box on a friends wall/page and send.

Give it a go and report back please smile.
Lurker
0 likes
Would an "add picture" button on the chat room menu not be just a lot simpler?
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
Quote by daddydavej
Would an "add picture" button on the chat room menu not be just a lot simpler?

Probably not.

Something like that would probably require uploading a picture. So that's just adding steps.

Google (or any search engine of your choosing), right click, copy & paste. If the image is uploaded elsewhere, all you need to do is copy and paste the link.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Site administrator
0 likes

Do we need a third person to ratify this?

lol.
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by djarob
Hello everyone, I am new to this site and I been trying like hell to understand HOW TO POST a PIC to the chat room or to someone page...

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SHOW ME HOW...

Thanks

Well?
Lurker
0 likes
Silly really. I store pics I like on my laptop - and the idea of leaving but not exiting a chatroom to possibly find a pic online to post...or not...seems ludicrous.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dani

Probably not.

Something like that would probably require uploading a picture. So that's just adding steps.

Google (or any search engine of your choosing), right click, copy & paste. If the image is uploaded elsewhere, all you need to do is copy and paste the link.

Uploading a picture? You mean like we already do to add to the photo albums?
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
Quote by daddydavej

Uploading a picture? You mean like we already do to add to the photo albums?

Exactly.

You mentioned how being able to upload pictures would be simpler than copying and pasting image URLs. It's not. There are more steps involved.

Not to mention the damage it would do to our servers to be able to continuously upload images to the site via chat rooms. I believe that became a perk for Premium memberships for a reason.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
lol. Too funny!