Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

How do I buy a Platinum Membership?

last reply
24 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
I only have so much money. I don't want to buy a Gold Membership, only to eventually get to upgrade to a Platinum, which can't be upgraded to for $150, but will have to be purchased whole at $200. So I'm asking, how do we purchase Platinum memberships. It doesn't seem to be offered on that page. And yes, I followed the link that said we should pull down the arrow on the Gold Membership Upgrade button, but unfortunately, due to an obvious site redesign, that button isn't a feature on that page anymore.

I suspect that I know the real reason Platinums were seemingly removed, or at least less advertised. But if they are still being allowed to be purchase, I'd love to just upgrade now/soon.

Thanks in advance for all responses.
The Platinum Membership upgrade was removed at the same time we took out the Bronze Membership option.

If you PM "Gav" directly he can fix it up for you.

Thank you for your support.
Quote by nicola
The Platinum Membership upgrade was removed at the same time we took out the Bronze Membership option.

Thank you so much for this answer. I'm a math guy, so trust me, I know the reason why, but I won't state it. And I will contact Gav like you advised. Again, thanks a lot. That solves my problem.
Quote by nicola

Nicola,
Is that an option open to all of us who want to give you our money?
Whatever was posted is always meant in love and respect never to offend.
I'm also highly likely to have posted this from a phone so there may be typos or odd word changes, auto correct can be a pain.

I've been listening to my kinky pencil here's my current work

My current Competition entry is here
A Cure For Stagefright

I put a little banner in here, it might change. I'm still messing about with it.
Quote by Twisted_Skald

Nicola,
Is that an option open to all of us who want to give you our money?

Absolutely. Thank you!
Oh, that's dope.
I would rather pay each year, than buy a platinum and end up playing for free. I do wish there was an option to add an additional amount to the renewal as a token of appreciation. Sprite said I could just put cash in an envelope and mail it to her, but I don't trust the USPS...

Or maybe giving some anonymous memberships would be better?
Quote by kistinspencil
I would rather pay each year, than buy a platinum and end up playing for free. I do wish there was an option to add an additional amount to the renewal as a token of appreciation. Sprite said I could just put cash in an envelope and mail it to her, but I don't trust the USPS...

Or maybe giving some anonymous memberships would be better?

I've often gifted anonymous silver or gold memberships to other members over the last few years. It's an easy way to donate extra funds to the site.
 Kissing your lips while straddling your lap. 
Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

Oh, that's dope.

Yeah, you're pretty dope too. And no I'm not mistaking that you meant that complement for me. I'm trying hard and failing to be witty, so I guess I'll just ask the question that I actually have: How the heck do you get .gifs to actually play in your profile pic. My pic is actually one of my favorite gifs but it won't play like your avatar with the tigoldbitties (that's a medical term where I'm from, often used in my Harvard Med lounge between geniuses. Please don't judge my intelligent vernacular. And if you believe I went to Harvard, I have this one bridge that you gotta see).

But yes, I was sincerely wondering how to get gifs to play, or maybe that's a thing specifically for Platinum/Gold members. I would legit love it if you answered the question as specifically as you can, so that I'll know how to do it myself. Maybe it's an html code type thing. Ok, thanks.
Quote by APEXX

Yeah, you're pretty dope too. And no I'm not mistaking that you meant that complement for me. I'm trying hard and failing to be witty, so I guess I'll just ask the question that I actually have: How the heck do you get .gifs to actually play in your profile pic. My pic is actually one of my favorite gifs but it won't play like your avatar with the tigoldbitties (that's a medical term where I'm from, often used in my Harvard Med lounge between geniuses. Please don't judge my intelligent vernacular. And if you believe I went to Harvard, I have this one bridge that you gotta see).

But yes, I was sincerely wondering how to get gifs to play, or maybe that's a thing specifically for Platinum/Gold members. I would legit love it if you answered the question as specifically as you can, so that I'll know how to do it myself. Maybe it's an html code type thing. Ok, thanks.

The images used for avatars are resized to, from best memory, 120px x 120px. Many gifs at that size will lose their gif status and become static images. You could try resizing the image, and retaining the gif status, somewhere on the web using one of the many websites that offer that sort of service, e.g. https://ezgif.com/

If you are successful save the image to your device and then load it via Change Avatar.
Try this one. It's only 300Kb and 200px x 200px.

Should work fine if you save it to your computer, upload it to your gallery, and then set it as your avatar.

Quote by APEXX

Come check the thread cause Liz just dropped some dopeness on you.

She posted a .gif you can use as your avi.

But yes, if you need help w/ anything else, my inbox is open too.
Reducing GIFs is not too hard with something like GIMP - Given this site... GIMP is freeware graphics software - GNU Image Manipulation Software.
https://www.gimp.org

Reducing the cookie monster gif in a few quick steps.
1)

Open the image in GIMP

2)

Click on Image then select Scale Image

3)

This dialogue opens.
The Image Size defaults to the size of the image (300x300), the locked chain means that if you change one value, both will change by tabbing through. The dropdown (px) can be changed to various units.

4)

Change the size to 150x150px (I have found that works for all the GIFs I've done).
Note if the GIF is not square, change the long side to 150px and let the lock automatically adjust the short side.
When you are happy, click Scale. Cancel and Reset are options if you're not happy with the result.

5)

When you are happy, click on File and then select Export As...

6)

You can leave the filename the same or choose a new one. I often just put (sm) at the end of it.
Make sure your extension is correct - in this case .gif
If you click the + Select File Type (By Extension) you get a whole list that GIMP supports.
When happy, click Export - NOTE a mistake I have made more than a few times is not noticing where I've saved my work.

7)

The Export Image as GIF opens this dialogue - NOTE that it defaults to NO animation.

8)

You can add a note - I might have put Size reduced by Kite
Check the As Animation box
Check the Loop Forever box (or it will only run through a single time each time it is opened)
For the milliseconds and Frame disposal look to the left of the layers - (100ms) (combine)
The click Export.
When you close the file, you will be prompted to save your work. GIMP is prompting you to save it in its native format .XCF This is up to you, it does preserve the layers that you have worked on if you want to go back to edit it more. I would say for this simple tutorial it's not really necessary.

Hope this helps.
Alternatively, if you're not in a rush, you can fire me a PM and I'll reduce it for you.

Kite's Kinky Tales

My latest offering -

Once more in Love Poems - My Forever Beauty

My 2 previous submissions:

Both Love Poems

Pearls

As The New Year Dawns

Please read and enjoy. If you really enjoyed a story someone has written; how about clicking on 'Like' and/or 'Favorite'.
Why not leave a comment too?

Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

Come check the thread cause Liz just dropped some dopeness on you.

She posted a .gif you can use as your avi.

But yes, if you need help w/ anything else, my inbox is open too.

Sorry it took me so long to respond. Between you and Liz, I caught a wiff of your combined dopeness, and it was so strong that I caught a serious second hand high and passed out from what is medically known as a "doperdose," or something to that effect. It was so serious, that I haven't stopped making silly puns ever since. Oh well, great to see old friends still being cooler than the Dark Side of the Moon. Memories overflowing like Rimbaud and Proust.

Thanks for the .gif Liz. Much appreciated. Ironically this is where I'd post my .gif but that would be a bit redundant right now, lol!
Hmmmm, didn't quite work like I expected, but Rome wasn't built in a day. (They forgot to hire my consulting company).

But yes, I'll figure it out sometime. I'll scour the site, but for now, I'm just relaxing after what was an absolutely terrific day. What am I meditating on? Trying to figure out how I'm going to top it tomorrow. And I will.

Glad the Inbox is open. I'll check it out. (Mirror: Don't do it Self. Don't do it! Resist the thousand jokes that could be told there! Good. We're cool. Phewww!)

Quote by APEXX
Hmmmm, didn't quite work like I expected, but Rome wasn't built in a day. (They forgot to hire my consulting company).

But yes, I'll figure it out sometime. I'll scour the site, but for now, I'm just relaxing after what was an absolutely terrific day. What am I meditating on? Trying to figure out how I'm going to top it tomorrow. And I will.

Glad the Inbox is open. I'll check it out. (Mirror: Don't do it Self. Don't do it! Resist the thousand jokes that could be told there! Good. We're cool. Phewww!)

Try this one:

--

Edit:

No, the .gif I posted didn't work as I changed my Avi to the one you want to use and it doesn't move.

There's certain .gifs that just don't work as an avi on lush.

Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

Try this one:

--

Edit:

No, the .gif I posted didn't work as I changed my Avi to the one you want to use and it doesn't move.

I am doing something wrong. I'm sure of it. Maybe it's some thing that you do without even thinking, when you do the avatar. I'll figure it out.

For now, I think I'll try not to pretend that it's not awesome to get to have a legit reason to message your inbox, as opposed to one I have to make up. So yeah, maybe we solve it tonight. Maybe not. Like I said, it's probably something silly.

Besides, if I keep staring from my static avatar to your well.........ample avatar, then I'm going to associate those images together forever in the deep recesses of my brain. It's like he's seeing you (your avatar) and can't help but toast with appreciation. See, now I've actually created a little story. It's stuck in here for good now. And the circle is complete.

Gotta run. Tc.
Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

Try this one:

Someone once said, "This is one small step for man. One giant leap for mankind." I think it was a beer commercial, but either way, I think it applies here too. We did it. (well all of you awesomebots worked at it, and I did my part by clicking and selecting until an admin thought to do it without me, which is always the better plan as far as I'm concerned. Hmmmm, it's beginning to seem like I didn't solve anything here at all, but just got helped by a bunch of badasses. Well, Thanks guys. Either way, cheers!

--

Edit:

Also, using your text was intentional. It looks much cooler that way. Like a quote from Richard Feynman.
Quote by APEXX

Also, using your text was intentional. It looks much cooler that way. Like a quote from Richard Feynman.

Glad to see that a Lush Mod helped w/ making the original .gif work.
Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

Glad to see that a Lush Mod helped w/ making the original .gif work.

Hey Impurethoughts. I know, right. I honestly feel like my avatar could date your avatar, which obviously (this is just how mathematical logic works. Trust me. It's like arithmetic.) means that I could date you in real life as well. But that's why it's important to have faith in outright delusion and to have an overactive imagination, LOL.
Quote by nicola

Absolutely. Thank you!

I knew it would take a while. But I'd like to buy my Platinum now. I contacted Gav 2 days ago, butt he hasn't replied yet. I'm guessing he gets lots of messages, or may just be on a break or something, so I figured I'd shoot a message here on this board where everyone has been so helpful.

Anyway, I'm ready to give up those 2 Benjamins for a Platinum. I feel like a gamer who pays for the best infinite ammo. And tbh I'm glad that I love this website a lot. Luckily, I'm making a figurative shitload right now, so this decision is pretty easy. Hopefully I can spread the love to some other members in the future, as gifts of sorts. I believe in positive energy, so I'm looking forward to giving out a few of these plats.

Anyway, thanks all, have a great day.
Quote by APEXX

I knew it would take a while. But I'd like to buy my Platinum now. I contacted Gav 2 days ago, butt he hasn't replied yet. I'm guessing he gets lots of messages, or may just be on a break or something, so I figured I'd shoot a message here on this board where everyone has been so helpful.

Anyway, I'm ready to give up those 2 Benjamins for a Platinum. I feel like a gamer who pays for the best infinite ammo. And tbh I'm glad that I love this website a lot. Luckily, I'm making a figurative shitload right now, so this decision is pretty easy. Hopefully I can spread the love to some other members in the future, as gifts of sorts. I believe in positive energy, so I'm looking forward to giving out a few of these plats.

Anyway, thanks all, have a great day.

You will need to wait for Gav to respond to your PM. Yes he is always very busy but hopefully it wont be much longer.
All sorted I see! Good and many thanks for the support. smile
That was a tremendous favor by him, so I will be in touch with him, and (hopefully if you don't mine) you (without saying too much here in public, what is better dealt with in private messages).

But yes, glad to have that at my fav website. Cheers.
Awww, that's dope.

A new forever Lushie.

One of us. One of us. One of us.