Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Home tag

last reply
27 replies
1.1k views
2 watchers
3 likes

Has the 'Home' tag function changed, or maybe not functioning, because if I click on it from my profile, I get nothing?

To get to my 'Activity' page, I have to log out and then get there when I log back in again.

That is the only way that I can get to Lush front page, also.

Thank you.

I logged out after changing where I want to "land" everytime I fully log off Lush.

I don't log off Lush as I just close the tab and have certain pages "quick saved" on my Samsung Internet Browser. You can always bookmark said page on your device if you don't share it w/ others.

The HOME tag works fine. Loading ACTIVITY page always does take a while.

--

Here's the link to Activity page https://www.lushstories.com/activity

Activity

Odd. The Home link in the menu when visiting my profile works fine. On mobile at least. Not tried it on desktop. Is that what you're using?

You can get to the front page at any time by clicking the LushStories logo in the menu bar, btw.

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find 112 full stories, 10 micro-stories, and 2 poems with the following features:

* 29 Editor's Picks, 74 Recommended Reads.
* 15 competition podium places, 10 other times in the top ten.
* 21 collaborations.
* A whole heap of often filthy, tense, hot sex.

Quote by WannabeWordsmith

Odd. The Home link in the menu when visiting my profile works fine. On mobile at least. Not tried it on desktop. Is that what you're using?

You can get to the front page at any time by clicking the LushStories logo in the menu bar, btw.

Yes, I am on desktop.

When I click on 'Home' from my profile, I get the red bar at the top and the black bit at the bottom BUT a completely white screen in between.

I tried clicking on the LushStories logo as you suggest and, assuming you mean the one on top left of the red bar, I get exactly the same. Red bar, black at the bottom of the page, and blank (white) in between.

Quote by IMPURETHOUGHTS

The HOME tag works fine. Loading ACTIVITY page always does take a while.

Thanks. I know that sometimes Activity takes a while to load, but at the moment I do not even get the 'Activity' button to click on unless I log out and back in again.

I suggest you try the usual clear cache/cookies and reboot/try again.

Quote by simplyjohn

I suggest you try the usual clear cache/cookies and reboot/try again.

Okay, I mentioned it in case it was a new/general problem.

Quote by PJH

Thanks. I know that sometimes Activity takes a while to load, but at the moment I do not even get the 'Activity' button to click on unless I log out and back in again.

That's strange. But I made a ,gif as I haven't had any issues.

Quote by IMPURETHOUGHTS

That's strange. But I made a ,gif as I haven't had any issues.

Thank you so much for your concern.

I think that it is a problem for me that has occurred during the day because I think that I could get to 'Activity' in the normal way via 'Home' earlier today.

Quote by PJH

I think that it is a problem for me that has occurred during the day because I think that I could get to 'Activity' in the normal way via 'Home' earlier today.

Ive just done some testing Paul and I am confident its related to your device.. perhaps something has changed...

Quote by PJH

I see, just in case, I've linked you to said page and have inboxed you link for easy access while you wait for the site to function properly for you.

Quote by IMPURETHOUGHTS

I see, just in case, I've linked you to said page and have inboxed you link for easy access while you wait for the site to function properly for you.

Thank you for that.

Quote by simplyjohn

Ive just done some testing Paul and I am confident its related to your device.. perhaps something has changed...

Thank you.

I restarted my computer and after a number of tries, I have been able to go from 'Home' to 'Activity' so maybe I should have tried restarting before troubling you. Thank you to the three of you that responded.

STOP PRESS! Just tried again and still the original problem, although it worked just now!

Now alternating between working and not working.

Quote by PJH

Thank you.

I restarted my computer and after a number of tries, I have been able to go from 'Home' to 'Activity' so maybe I should have tried restarting before troubling you. Thank you to the three of you that responded.

STOP PRESS! Just tried again and still the original problem, although it worked just now!

Now alternating between working and not working.

Which browser are you using?

Is your device up to date on software update?

I know that my own device was acting up for a while and after two updates from Samsung, it's now working properly.

Let me know the browser and I'll check if I get the same issue.

Quote by IMPURETHOUGHTS

Which browser are you using?

Is your device up to date on software update?

I know that my own device was acting up for a while and after two updates from Samsung, it's now working properly.

Let me know the browser and I'll check if I get the same issue.

Thank you, but please don't concern yourself with it.

I made the original post because I assumed that it was a problem common to all or many users but unless it gets worse, or other problems crop up, I can cope with it.

The problem might disappear.

Thank you anyway.

Paul

Quote by PJH

Thank you, but please don't concern yourself with it.

I made the original post because I assumed that it was a problem common to all or many users but unless it gets worse, or other problems crop up, I can cope with it.

The problem might disappear.

Thank you anyway.

Paul

That's something we have in common. I too had an issue w/ lushstories malfunctioning and others weren't having an issue as it was to do w/ the browser and device I was using.

Ok, I'll let it be, for now, but if issue pursuits, do post here w/ browser info and I'll see.

(Pssst, I pretty much have nothing to do until I need to human at 6AM lol )

Quote by IMPURETHOUGHTS

That's something we have in common. I too had an issue w/ lushstories malfunctioning and others weren't having an issue as it was to do w/ the browser and device I was using.

Ok, I'll let it be, for now, but if issue pursuits, do post here w/ browser info and I'll see.

(Pssst, I pretty much have nothing to do until I need to human at 6AM lol )

I am pleased to keep you occupied but it is almost 12:30 here.

I do appreciate your concern and if the problem continues, I will get back to you, or to The Forum.

More strange goings on for me today!

I have been away from the internet for many hours but having now got into Lush:-

1) I had trouble logging in.

2) Still the same problem with not getting anything when I click on 'Home.'

3) If I click on the magnifying glass, I get the home page! (but no search facility)

4) I submitted a sorry about 26 hours ago and as a Platinum member, I am surprised to see that it is still awaiting approval. With all the other things happening (or rather not happening) I wonder if the story is actually in the queue.

Please advise.

(I should add that I just logged out, logged in without problem, got 'Home' page and magnifying glass actually does a search! So maybe the only question at the moment is where is my story please?)

Lush has so many many state issues. Probably because the Single Page App architecture requires that many features, which browsers are optimised to handle out of the box, have to be reimplemented in a SPA, which is hard to do right. This seems to be one more of those issues.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Quote by PJH

More strange goings on for me today!

I have been away from the internet for many hours but having now got into Lush:-

1) I had trouble logging in.

2) Still the same problem with not getting anything when I click on 'Home.'

3) If I click on the magnifying glass, I get the home page! (but no search facility)

4) I submitted a sorry about 26 hours ago and as a Platinum member, I am surprised to see that it is still awaiting approval. With all the other things happening (or rather not happening) I wonder if the story is actually in the queue.

Please advise.

(I should add that I just logged out, logged in without problem, got 'Home' page and magnifying glass actually does a search! So maybe the only question at the moment is where is my story please?)

Is this the story?

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/lesbian/the-ladies-fashion-shop/edit

If so its in your drafts folder. If not there is certainly no story from you in the verification queue.

Quote by simplyjohn

Is this the story?

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/lesbian/the-ladies-fashion-shop/edit

If so its in your drafts folder. If not there is certainly no story from you in the verification queue.

No, it is entitled 'Exactly What She Needed - Part 4' and it says on my page currently being reviewed. I submitted it 36 hours ago now but see if I can submit it again.

It says currently assigned to a moderator and cannot be recalled.

What do I do about this 'missing' story please?

Im on it Paul... shouldnt be too long now.

Quote by simplyjohn

Im on it Paul... shouldnt be too long now.

Thanks John.

It would appear that the extensive problems that I was having with the site were being caused by something within my computer because a 'clear trackers' run has apparently solved the problems.

My 'missing' story has been located too it seems!

Quote by PJH

It would appear that the extensive problems that I was having with the site were being caused by something within my computer because a 'clear trackers' run has apparently solved the problems.

My 'missing' story has been located too it seems!

All sorted I believe. smile

Quote by simplyjohn

All sorted I believe. smile

Yes, thank you for your help as always, John.

I don't know if the problems that I was having within the site caused my story to disappear for more than a day and a half but it is online now, so all is good.

Quote by PJH
I don't know if the problems that I was having within the site caused my story to disappear for more than a day and a half

No, the queue length varies daily and moderators don't always get to stories they claim immediately. Sometimes we grab a story and then something in real life draws focus off the site, or we need to discuss elements of a story among ourselves, which takes time.

There are no guarantees on processing times. It may take a little longer on occasion, especially if we have a lot of bigger stories in the queue from Gold members.

Thanks for your understanding.

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find 112 full stories, 10 micro-stories, and 2 poems with the following features:

* 29 Editor's Picks, 74 Recommended Reads.
* 15 competition podium places, 10 other times in the top ten.
* 21 collaborations.
* A whole heap of often filthy, tense, hot sex.

Quote by WannabeWordsmith

No, the queue length varies daily and moderators don't always get to stories they claim immediately. Sometimes we grab a story and then something in real life draws focus off the site, or we need to discuss elements of a story among ourselves, which takes time.

There are no guarantees on processing times. It may take a little longer on occasion, especially if we have a lot of bigger stories in the queue from Gold members.

Thanks for your understanding.

I do understand that I am not the only person writing stories for this site and I truly appreciate the work that all the moderators do for authors and for the site.

I had been having numerous problems with the site (which removing trackers since has seemed to cure) and I wondered if the then non-appearance of my story online after 26 hours (which was when I first discovered it and mentioned it) was connected. Seemingly, there was no connection.