Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Following a member - not getting story notices.

last reply
6 replies
1 watcher
1 like
The Linebacker

I do not receive notices when an author l am following posts a new story.

Is this a common site problem?

Writius Eroticus

Regularly check your Reading Queue. Any new stories they post should go in there automatically.

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find 111 full stories, 10 micro-stories, and 2 poems with the following features:

* 29 Editor's Picks, 74 Recommended Reads.
* 15 competition podium places, 10 other times in the top ten.
* 21 collaborations.
* A whole heap of often filthy, tense, hot sex.

Quote by WannabeWordsmith

Regularly check your Reading Queue. Any new stories they post should go in there automatically.

Yes, that works. Though one of my own stories has found its way there. I might follow myself, so I'll know if I write any more.

Writius Eroticus

Quote by CallmeJayne
I might follow myself

Haha. Never thought of doing that.

It is possible to add your own stories to the reading queue - the floating '+' is indiscriminate - but if you find that you're following yourself (or you can do so via your profile) then I suspect that's not by design and should be raised as a ticket.

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find 111 full stories, 10 micro-stories, and 2 poems with the following features:

* 21 collaborations.

Simple Scribbler

It's still so odd ... the random nature of which notifications I'll get. That kind of thing drives programmers nuts. It's nice to at least be able to check the reading queue now.

Writius Eroticus

Yeah, at least the reading queue is immutable and a permanent record, unlike the push/pull bell notifications that are transient and subject to either being missed or duplicated depending on what state the browser is in.

As you say, notifications are a pain to implement and a swine to debug.

* 21 collaborations.

Forum Player

Quote by WannabeWordsmith

Thanks, never realized it was doing this but had noticed stories in my queue that I hadn't saved there. 👌