Disconnections

last reply
10 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ok, bored now, that’s 4 times in the last half hour that I’ve been disconnected. Getting really bored seeing this - Lost connection with server, reconnecting...
Site administrator
0 likes
I am sorry you experienced that. I can only assume that we had a 'blip' at that time. Please let me know, via a PM, if you continue to encounter this.

Thanks.
Matriarch
0 likes
It's most likely your ISP.

Due to the huge increase in people staying at home, internet usage has spiked.

I've had to reboot my modem 3 times today and am on the UK's supposed best network

Or is it LS specific? I've not had any problems the last few days here, and have been online a lot.
0 likes
Quote by nicola
It's most likely your ISP.

Due to the huge increase in people staying at home, internet usage has spiked.

I've had to reboot my modem 3 times today and am on the UK's supposed best network

Or is it LS specific? I've not had any problems the last few days here, and have been online a lot.

Hey Nicola,

I've had sporadic problems. I usually use Bing and on an occasion or two I'll get the 'waiting for response' message while trying to log on or sometimes when I try to go from the home page onto forums and sometimes between threads. I'll switch to Google and usually Lush pops right up. I feel it's probably heavier traffic than normal...but, I'm a technosaur, so...? Who knows.

Stay safe, stay well,
JackStay
Chat Moderator
0 likes
I'm on my mobile a lot when I log in here. If I take a call while browsing Lush, it'll disconnect me from here. Once I end the call and return to browsing the site, it'll give me that message "Lost connection with server, reconnecting...".

Secondary to increased traffic flow, members should expect hiccups.

Yes, they are inconvenient, and we try to keep them short lived when they occur.
Matriarch
0 likes
The forums have been incredibly slow for me today. I've asked Gav to look into it.

speedtest.net gave me an excellent 180mbps download speed, so it isn't them (for a change).

Hopefully we'll get to the bottom of it and see where the logjam is happening.

Traffic is up slightly, but not by a great deal. And we've had at least 50% more traffic than we are getting now, historically, on the same setup. So capacity shouldn't be an issue.

We're on the case!

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
maybe the internet is practicing social distancing.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

0 likes
I'm ok w/ lush having the hiccups but it does keep me away from Babe
Matriarch
0 likes
Gav says the CPU load is 40%, Memory up to 70%, which is well within our limits, but a little on the high side.

But he says it looks like someone is trying to run an automated script against the site, for whatever reason. There are hundreds of error emails coming through as a result which is impacting system performance overall.

He's looking at ways to further block these malicious attacks.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by nicola
Gav says the CPU load is 40%, Memory up to 70%, which is well within our limits, but a little on the high side.

But he says it looks like someone is trying to run an automated script against the site, for whatever reason. There are hundreds of error emails coming through as a result which is impacting system performance overall.

He's looking at ways to further block these malicious attacks.

thanks for the update,ive been wondering about that lately
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by nicola
speedtest.net gave me an excellent 180mbps download speed, so it isn't them (for a change).

Pre-shelter-in-place, I felt fortunate to see a steady 5mbps.

Geography already had me isolated - in many ways. 180mbps!
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.