last reply
12 replies
1.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hello all.

Is there a way to delete select chat logs from your history? If I choose not to save chat logs, will existing chat logs be deleted?

Thanks in advance.
Clever Gem
0 likes
Quote by GreatDane
Hello all.

Is there a way to delete select chat logs from your history? If I choose not to save chat logs, will existing chat logs be deleted?

Thanks in advance.

Under your mail tab click the Chat tab, you will find the option there.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yeah, I saw that one. Will all chat logs be deleted if I click it? No way to delete logs individually?
Clever Gem
0 likes
If it functions like the Black box history, they get deleted after a while by the system automatically, I can't remember I think its after a week or something.
Code Monkey
0 likes
All chat history is deleted after 7 days. If you enable the profile option to not record you chat history, future ones will not be saved, however the old ones will remain until purged.

Hope this helps
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks all! Had a chat with someone of a... questionable nature smile Didn't want any of that on my computer.
Code Monkey
0 likes
Quote by GreatDane
Thanks all! Had a chat with someone of a... questionable nature smile Didn't want any of that on my computer.

Technically its on our servers not your computer, your browser *may* hold a copy in its cache.
Lurker
0 likes
if the black box history is saved on your server is there anyway i can retrieve a black box sent to me the other day?
Site administrator
0 likes
You should have 7 days worth of the online messages/black boxes available to view via the 'Online' tab in 'Mail' I believe.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by ginger86
if the black box history is saved on your server is there anyway i can retrieve a black box sent to me the other day?[/quo

SJ is correct! If you go into your mail and click on the online tab you can see all of the black boxes everyone has sent you.

You can also choose a friend so you see all that has been sent by that person.

You can also click on the box where the message is and you will see what you have written and that person has written for a week I think.

Hope this helps, Sweetie!!!!
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by DaisyDo
Quote by ginger86
if the black box history is saved on your server is there anyway i can retrieve a black box sent to me the other day?[/quo

SJ is correct! If you go into your mail and click on the online tab you can see all of the black boxes everyone has sent you.

You can also choose a friend so you see all that has been sent by that person.

You can also click on the box where the message is and you will see what you have written and that person has written for a week I think.

Hope this helps, Sweetie!!!!

Whoopie!!! I got something right for a change albeit I didnt provide the detail you did .. I just knew DaisyDoWouldDoItBetter lol
Lurker
0 likes
well thank you, john and daisy, for all the help.
Lurker
0 likes
You are very welcome, Ginger! SJ, I try to help when I can!