Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Can't vote on certain poems

last reply
26 replies
3.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
i think this might be a bug. some poems i can't vote on for some reason?

on 'it's valentines day once again' by mysteria27 (on the front page) the little drop box is grey so i can't click on it.

i haven't already voted a score on this one.
some other poems are fine and i can select a score on those.
thanks
Hola, Pedro. Bienvenida a Lush!

Sounds like one of two things:

1 - You've already scored that particular poem but forgot, in which case the word 'change' should be showing under the scoring drop-down list.

2 - You have been blocked by that particular author, preventing you from scoring on their publications.

The later seems unlikely as you've only been here two days. Please check option one and let us know if that is it. smile

Liz
Quote by Liz
Hola, Pedro. Bienvenida a Lush!

Sounds like one of two things:

1 - You've already scored that particular poem but forgot, in which case the word 'change' should be showing under the scoring drop-down list.

2 - You have been blocked by that particular author, preventing you from scoring on their publications.

The later seems unlikely as you've only been here two days. Please check option one and let us know if that is it. smile

Liz

more like #2, you ask me...

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Quote by Pedro1958
i think this might be a bug. some poems i can't vote on for some reason?

on 'it's valentines day once again' by mysteria27 (on the front page) the little drop box is grey so i can't click on it.

i haven't already voted a score on this one.
some other poems are fine and i can select a score on those.
thanks

A heads-up for you, mate.

If you score a story lower than than a five, the author of that story is likely to block you and/or send you a hostile message, berating you for your impertinence and accusing you of being a troll.

Make sure you vote all stories a five. Honesty isn't always the best policy.
Quote by MonsoonMicky

A heads-up for you, mate.

If you score a story lower than than a five, the author of that story is likely to block you and/or send you a hostile message, berating you for your impertinence and accusing you of being a troll.

Make sure you vote all stories a five. Honesty isn't always the best policy.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

trolls are real here it is sad ..both story trolls and cyber trolls .. they make a profile low ball score a story or two the delete .. if only paying members scored stories then that would fix this imo... so this is why writers are defensive here .. they spend lots of time writing here for silly shit like this too happen
Quote by ejg3
trolls are real here it is sad ..both story trolls and cyber trolls .. they make a profile low ball score a story or two the delete .. if only paying members scored stories then that would fix this imo

Votes by trolls are quickly taken care of (removed) by moderators/admin and then that member is removed from the site. It's quite obvious when someone joins the site for the sole purpose of down-voting stories. Once a member deletes their account or their account is deleted by admin, their votes leave with them. That was done to combat those who join, down-vote a story, and then delete their account.

The troll vote problem exists, but it's not a problem that isn't quickly remedied, and isn't one that should cause any sort of alarm other than annoyance that it's taken place.

It's definitely not a problem that warrants story votes to be limited to paying members.

Quote by ejg3
so this is why writers are defensive here .. they spend lots of time writing here for silly shit like this too happen

Everyone's defensive about their work, writing or otherwise. However, honest feedback is not synonymous to 'silly shit' or trolling.

But this is an entirely different conversation that would probably be better suited in another thread.

Quote by Dani

Votes by trolls are quickly taken care of (removed) by moderators/admin and then that member is removed from the site. It's quite obvious when someone joins the site for the sole purpose of down-voting stories. Once a member deletes their account or their account is deleted by admin, their votes leave with them. That was done to combat those who join, down vote a story, and then delete their account.

The troll vote problem exists, but it's not a problem that isn't quickly remedied, and isn't one that should cause any sort of alarm other than annoyance that it's taken place.

It's definitely not a problem that warrants story votes to be limited to paying members.

Quote by ejg3
so this is why writers are defensive here .. they spend lots of time writing here for silly shit like this too happen

Everyone's defensive about their work, writing or otherwise. But honest feedback is not synonymous to 'silly shit' or trolling.

I see. no i had not already scored that poem.

sounds like the author has blocked me then. **Content removed by moderator. Personal disputes should be handled outside of the forum.** I only gave an honest score and was not nasty in my comments. If she does not want me to read any more of her poems then I won't. **Content removed by moderator. Personal disputes should be handled outside of the forum.**

Sorry for the trouble and thank you for letting me know!
I'm not defensive about my work... Like it, Lump it., PISS ON IT!!!

(I WRITE it, it EXISTS and then it is read or it is not...) Mostly NOT with me if I am to be perfectly honest...

I've written things I THINK are not very good and I've CONSIDERED taking them down... (I've written some things I REALLY don't think are very good at all...) I LEAVE THEM UP because some people liked it...

My WRITING is not ME!!! (I'm IN IT but it isn't ME!!!) I never take the responses PERSONALLY, because, people are NOT TALKING about me AS A PERSON when they talk about the pieces...

And YES!!! I WISH everybody LOVED what I do!!! (They don't... I have FRIENDS here who don't GET how I write...)

OF COURSE YOU TAKE IT PERSONALLY IN THE MOMENT!!! (But that's just silly!!!)

SEPARATE YOURSELF FROM THE WORK!!!

(You are NOT your work!!!)

xx SF

(I USUALLY get a LOT of fives... BUT ONLY BECAUSE the buggers who READ ME like what I do and KNOW what they get!!! I get, ON AVERAGE, about 20 comments Per Piece... (That's not a lot...) I DON'T advertise and I don't spam and I don't PUSH IT!!!

(Read it if you want...) It's not like it's making ME any money!!! (If it WAS I'd push it!!!) But it isn't... So I just do it because I like to do it and it's fun...
I remember discussing this at great length on another thread some time ago.

I have to ask myself: Why are people so finicky about votes lower than five? I mean, it's still the same story, with the same amount of votes and the usual myriad of comments extolling the author's writing abilities. So why is the avg score so important to people?

I've come up with a feasible explanation as to why people on this site care so much about avg score.

I've noticed that on the homepage, on the right-hand side, there's a league table entitled Top Authors. I get the impression that many authors are motivated into writing by that league table and, subsequently, seeing their user name up on that leader board. It's a massive incentive for most people to see their name up on that honours board.

So if a vote is placed on their story which, ultimately. ruins their chances of a mention on that league table, they take offense to it, working on the assumption that that person has purposely low-voted a story just to knock them off the honours board.

I might be talking rubbish, but if anybody can offer a better explanation, I'd like to hear it.
Quote by MonsoonMicky
I remember discussing this at great length on another thread some time ago.

I have to ask myself: Why are people so finicky about votes lower than five? I mean, it's still the same story, with the same amount of votes and the usual myriad of comments extolling the author's writing abilities. So why is the avg score so important to people?

I've come up with a feasible explanation as to why people on this site care so much about avg score.

I've noticed that on the homepage, on the right-hand side, there's a league table entitled Top Authors. I get the impression that many authors are motivated into writing by that league table and, subsequently, seeing their user name up on that leader board. It's a massive incentive for most people to see their name up on that honours board.

So if a vote is placed on their story which, ultimately. ruins their chances of a mention on that league table, they take offense to it, working on the assumption that that person has purposely low-voted a story just to knock them off the honours board.

I might be talking rubbish, but if anybody can offer a better explanation, I'd like to hear it.

Total BOLLOX...

(I'm a SIX YEAR Lush Writer... I do quite well... I've NEVER (to my knowledge) been a TOP AUTHOR... WHO WOULD EVEN CARE???)

If you CARE about THAT SHIT then YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT!!!

(Just WRITE...)

THE READERS WILL TELL YOU IF YOU ARE HITTING IT!!!

XXSF
Quote by stephanie

Total BOLLOX...

(I'm a SIX YEAR Lush Writer... I do quite well... I've NEVER (to my knowledge) been a TOP AUTHOR... WHO WOULD EVEN CARE???)

(Just WRITE...)

XXSF

I'm not saying you care about it. I'm referring to the vast majority, not everybody.

Being the Lush stalwart that you are, I'm intrigued to hear your opinion on the matter.

In your opinion, why do people take such offense to votes lower than 5?
Quote by stephanie

XXSF

No, the readers will tell you you what you want to hear, NOT when you're 'hitting it.' That's the problem. Everybody expects positive feedback, and if a person doesn't give positive feedback, then that person is automatically labeled a troll and a trouble maker.

I challenge you to show me one negative comment on a recent story. You can't, because there is none.

Nobody speaks their mind or tells the truth on here. That's the problem.
Quote by stephanie

Total BOLLOX...

(Just WRITE...)

XXSF

some people do care, it's a fact *shrugs* it can be a rush at times, especially for newer writers who all of a sudden get noticed. not a bad thing, just a thing.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Quote by sprite

more like #2, you ask me...
Quote by MonsoonMicky

I'm not saying you care about it. I'm referring to the vast majority, not everybody.

Being the Lush stalwart that you are, I'm intrigued to hear your opinion on the matter.

In your opinion, why do people take such offense to votes lower than 5?

You are asking why? you know the answer too well.

And heads up, there were few different threats over the years on this subject. Some of them are still deep in the forum, most of them are deleted. People get offended if perfection isn't obvious to everyone by everyone. People get offended if you speak up against that perfect bubbly world. It's how it is, however, is much better this perfect artificial perfection than negativity. Is just how it is here.

extras: Have in mind that this is amateur writing site (with few exceptions) and you can't really go all strong on people who think they can write. And their highest writing achievement is getting few 5s on Lush.
Quote by She

You are asking why? you know the answer too well.

And heads up, there were few different threats over the years on this subject. Some of them are still deep in the forum, most of them are deleted. People get offended if perfection isn't obvious to everyone by everyone. People get offended if you speak up against that perfect bubbly world. It's how it is, however, is much better this perfect artificial perfection than negativity. Is just how it is here.

People learn from their mistakes; it's how we improve. How do people learn from their mistakes, and improve their writing, if they are not made aware of their mistakes?

Is this a amateur writing site, full of aspiring writers who are eager to improve their literary skills, or a fucking popularity contest?
Quote by MonsoonMicky

People learn from their mistakes; it's how we improve. How do people learn from their mistakes, and improve their writing, if they are not made aware of their mistakes?

Is this a amateur writing site, full of aspiring writers who are eager to improve their literary skills, or a fucking popularity contest?

lol, don't go there.
Not every one wants to get better and learn. Specially if they believe they are perfect. Or not, maybe their life outside sucks badly and they need something like this. So all in all is good.
Quote by She

Or not, maybe their life outside sucks badly and they need something like this. So all in all is good.

Touche.

That's a very good point you've raised there. I can't argue with that; it's a great answer.

If people are looking for gratification on Lush that they are not receiving elsewhere, then that's all good. I didn't think of that.

I've always lived a privileged life and have never taken such things into consideration.
Quote by MonsoonMicky

No, the readers will tell you you what you want to hear, NOT when you're 'hitting it.' That's the problem. Everybody expects positive feedback, and if a person doesn't give positive feedback, then that person is automatically labeled a troll and a trouble maker.

I challenge you to show me one negative comment on a recent story. You can't, because there is none.

Nobody speaks their mind or tells the truth on here. That's the problem.

Here you go...

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/supernatural/happy-birthday-dear-wampyr-part-ii.aspx

(I GOT HAMMERED FOR THAT ONE!!!) And NOT by 'trolls' or 'trouble makers' but by people who LIKE what I write!!!

I THOUGHT the comments were WRONG but they are still out there!!!

You can tell the TRUTH if YOU CARE TO!!! (THAT would be the TRUTH as YOU SEE IT...)

(I disagree with those comments on My Story, BUT... People are perfectly entitled to their opinion!!!)

xx SF
Quote by MonsoonMicky

or a fucking popularity contest?

For most its this, with a healthy dose of, look at me, look at me. For most people, Lush is an escape from reality. People dont like it when you bring reality to Lush.
Quote by SydneySider

For most its this, with a healthy dose of, look at me, look at me. For most people, Lush is an escape from reality. People dont like it when you bring reality to Lush.

I appreciate that. Lush provides a means of escapism for some people. But what I object to is the hostility towards those who have done nothing but provide an honest vote or comment on a story.

A new member joins Lush, sees a 1-to-5 scoring system and, being new and naive, uses that scoring system for what it's intended for or provides the author with tips to improve their writing. As a result, that person is subsequently blocked by members, sent scathing messages and accused of being a troll. A previous post on this thread even mentions account deletion for those low-voting stories.

Trolls are vile, disgusting people who say the most awful things and, in some cases, ruin lives. They are not people who provide honest and constructive feedback on stories and use a voting system for what it's intended for.
Quote by Pedro1958
Sorry for the trouble and thank you for letting me know!

It was no trouble. Sorry to hear about you getting blocked.

As the thread seems to have naturally evolved into that kind of discussion, I wouldn't mind offering my own personal opinion on the subject. Using the block feature which was specifically designed to combat online pests as a censorship tool seems counter productive. If you prevent all but the ego-fluffers from offering a critique of your work, how will you ever know which areas of your writing could do with improvement? Why even have the scoring system enabled for your publications at all? I can only imagine it's a status thing, like 'look how many stories I have with a perfect 5 score'. If that is the case, though, those scores don't actually mean anything. They have been artificially inflated by a system of suppression.

Each to their own though I suppose. I have more respect for writers who are not afraid to take a little criticism and then use it to better their craft.

L x
Quote by Liz

As the thread seems to have naturally evolved into that kind of discussion, I wouldn't mind offering my own personal opinion on the subject. Using the block feature which was specifically designed to combat online pests as a censorship tool seems counter productive. If you prevent all but the ego-fluffers from offering a critique of your work, how will you ever know which areas of your writing could do with improvement? Why even have the scoring system enabled for your publications at all? I can only imagine it's a status thing, like 'look how many stories I have with a perfect 5 score'. If that is the case, though, those scores don't actually mean anything. They have been artificially inflated by a system of suppression.

Each to their own though I suppose. I have more respect for writers who are not afraid to take a little criticism and then use it to better their craft.

L x

This. I recently recieved a critical comment and a less than perfect score from a friend who had a few issues with my latest work. I didn't necessarily agree, but he was telling me what he felt was true. He is a fine writer in his own right, and were I to actively object, I would only be missing an opportunity to improve. It's one thing to be upset about someone giving an outlier score with no comment, but one should respect honest critical responses to anything one creates. It is only in that way that success has any true meaning.
Quote by Liz

L x

Well said, Liz.

I have actually never blocked anybody for their responses to any thing I wrote.

Trolls don't bother me. I think they are funny and lets be honest that if someone has nothing better to do than make a fake account just to give you a shitty score than to be honest you can't be half bad right? That's the way I see it.

Also, if a mod has given me a good score and then some idiot who has nothing better to do comes along and gives me a one... whose opinion should I care about? The story mod who actually knows what they are talking about or the idiot who has nothing better to do?

Take a chill pill girls and boys..the world is not going to end just because someone gives you less than a 5.

I always appreciate honest feedback... That said, though if I notice an error on other members writing, I have personally always sent them a private message not slammed them by posting a public comment and I appreciate it when other members do so with me so I can change it.. but I do appreciate what they say regardless its how one improves.
The Duchess of Tart

Please check out my new story, co-written with the amazing Wilful.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/long-time-coming.aspx

And my latest poem, The Temptation.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-temptation.aspx
Quote by MonsoonMicky

I appreciate that. Lush provides a means of escapism for some people. But what I object to is the hostility towards those who have done nothing but provide an honest vote or comment on a story.

A new member joins Lush, sees a 1-to-5 scoring system and, being new and naive, uses that scoring system for what it's intended for or provides the author with tips to improve their writing. As a result, that person is subsequently blocked by members, sent scathing messages and accused of being a troll. A previous post on this thread even mentions account deletion for those low-voting stories.

Trolls are vile, disgusting people who say the most awful things and, in some cases, ruin lives. They are not people who provide honest and constructive feedback on stories and use a voting system for what it's intended for.

At the end of the day, some people are just precious. Full of ego and self importance. When you crush that thought, in an honest and open way, some people cant handle it. Tuff titties is what I say.
Quote by stephanie

Here you go...

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/supernatural/happy-birthday-dear-wampyr-part-ii.aspx

(I GOT HAMMERED FOR THAT ONE!!!) And NOT by 'trolls' or 'trouble makers' but by people who LIKE what I write!!!

I THOUGHT the comments were WRONG but they are still out there!!!

You can tell the TRUTH if YOU CARE TO!!! (THAT would be the TRUTH as YOU SEE IT...)

(I disagree with those comments on My Story, BUT... People are perfectly entitled to their opinion!!!)

xx SF

Yeah, it's the mind control element they are taking exception to. I used to watch a TV show called True Blood and I believe the term they used for vampire mind control was glamouring.

I thought it was a great story. I enjoy that sort of story; it's different and has an element of intrigue. But then I was brought up on a stable diet of James Herbert, Shaun Hutson and Richard Laymon novels. That's enough to warp any teenager's mind.

The non-consent theme, no matter how subtle and well done, does get a lot of people's backs up. My advice: Add a forewarning at the beginning of your story warning people what to expect. That way they won't read it and can't moan about it.

I'm of the belief that story content should never be restricted to rules. Your imagination should be let off its leash and be free to go wherever it wishes. That's what makes writing great. If a person is forewarned and doesn't like what's in store, don't read it. It's as simple as that.
Intresting topic, at least now I know it wasn't just me that got shown so much hate for scoring a story of hers a 4. I did block her only after she attacked personaly in a few messages. My question is why does Lush tolerate such juvenile behavior from somebody like that?

R_R