Are badges being updated?

last reply
29 replies
1.7k views
3 watchers
8 likes
Sexy Seductive Siren
0 likes

I've been a member for six years now but still only have a yearling, not a veteran, badge on my profile. Also, the numbers that show on various badges haven't been updated since they were imported a year ago. Has Lush given up on updating/awarding badges? Just curious.

Meagan
1 like

Quote by Meagananne1986

I've been a member for six years now but still only have a yearling, not a veteran, badge on my profile. Also, the numbers that show on various badges haven't been updated since they were imported a year ago. Has Lush given up on updating/awarding badges? Just curious.

The badges aren't 'live' yet - which means they're not currently set to update. We can ask about getting your veteran badge applied to your account smile

Sexy Seductive Siren
2 likes

Thanks. I wasn't sure about everything AppleByBoom. Thought they might have just been transferred from the Old Lush platform and left at that. When I saw I had been a member for six years and the badge didn't change, thought I'd ask if anyone knew. I appreciate the update.

Meagan
1 like

The Veteran badge has now been sorted for you ❤️

Sexy Seductive Siren
1 like

Thanks ApplebyBloom. I appreciate your help and attention.

Meagan
0 likes

Quote by Meagananne1986

Thanks ApplebyBloom. I appreciate your help and attention.

You're very welcome smile Hopefully the badges will be interactive at some point!

Sexy Seductive Siren
1 like

I'll admit, I was kind of badge freak when I first joined. Since the birth of daughters, my Lush time has been severely limited. Hopefully, at some point, I'll be able to start writing again which is why I joined Lush.

Meagan
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I have at least one badge that hasn't updated. How doi go about getting that done. Think it just happened recently though at 10 years. Thank you

Site administrator
1 like

Quote by destiny322355

I have at least one badge that hasn't updated. How doi go about getting that done. Think it just happened recently though at 10 years. Thank you

At some point soon there is a planned major revamp of profiles and we are hoping that will include badges.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Thank you for your response.

0 likes

Quote by simplyjohn

At some point soon there is a planned major revamp of profiles and we are hoping that will include badges.

Dope.

The Linebacker
0 likes

Sprite is still missing two very important badges that were never updated to Lush 2. It would be really awesome if these badges get restored to her bio/member page.

The badges are:

• Dirty Martini

• The Lifetime Achievement Award

Site administrator
0 likes

Quote by Buz

Sprite is still missing two very important badges that were never updated to Lush 2. It would be really awesome if these badges get restored to her bio/member page.

The badges are:

• Dirty Martini

• The Lifetime Achievement Award

I have replied to your support desk ticket on this and the answer is the same as I posted here 28th July. However I now understand, quoting the development team, the new profiles 'arent far off'.

Writius Eroticus
0 likes

Some badges may not have been migrated. Perhaps specials or one-offs were missed, or omitted intentionally.

The question now is: are regular badges (not competition entry badges - those are separate and will be dealt with independently) and their associated counters - for those where it makes sense - showing up? If not, please raise a specific ticket for the badge(s) that are wonky.

One day it would be cool if the numerical indicators alongside some badges would be links to the author's content. E.g. clicking the 'recommended read' badge would show a list of all RRs by that author. Same for EPs and for stories in general. Plus competition entrant, winner, and runner up badges jumping to show only those stories. This might all be part of the profile update coming soon, I'm not sure.

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find 111 full stories, 10 micro-stories, and 2 poems with the following features:

* 29 Editor's Picks, 74 Recommended Reads.
* 15 competition podium places, 10 other times in the top ten.
* 21 collaborations.
* A whole heap of often filthy, tense, hot sex.

Sexy Seductive Siren
0 likes

I've noticed a few profiles with a Platinum badge on them. I'm a Platinum member, but when the site migrated to Lush 2.0, I lost my cherished Platinum badge and gained a Gold badge instead. My profile still lists me as a Platinum member, however. I know the badges are not active yet, but still curious why some members show a Platinum member badge and others don't.

Meagan
True Blue Aussie
0 likes

Quote by Meagananne1986

I've noticed a few profiles with a Platinum badge on them. I'm a Platinum member, but when the site migrated to Lush 2.0, I lost my cherished Platinum badge and gained a Gold badge instead. My profile still lists me as a Platinum member, however. I know the badges are not active yet, but still curious why some members show a Platinum member badge and others don't.

I have wondered the same. I am a Platinum Member, but only showing a gold badge. I know a member who only signed up to the site a couple of weeks ago is showing the platinum badge on his profile. So the platinum badge is working for new members. It would be nice for all Platinum Members to have the Platinum Badge. Let's hope with the profile upgrade (coming soon) will also update our badges correctly.

Sexy Seductive Siren
0 likes

Quote by AngelWorthy

I have wondered the same. I am a Platinum Member, but only showing a gold badge. I know a member who only signed up to the site a couple of weeks ago is showing the platinum badge on his profile. So the platinum badge is working for new members. It would be nice for all Platinum Members to have the Platinum Badge. Let's hope with the profile upgrade (coming soon) will also update our badges correctly.

Didn't even know that the Platinum membership was being offered again! At some point before the migration, they stopped offering it although it was available to the leadership to give out as an award, etc. (At least that was what I was told.) Evidently, they'll decided to reinstate the membership for premium members.

Meagan
Super Admin
0 likes

Platinum badges should be fixed the next time you login.

Sexy Seductive Siren
0 likes

Thanks. I was curious after seeing a few profiles with the badge in them.

Meagan
True Blue Aussie
0 likes

Quote by danadmin

Thankyou ever so kindly.

Site administrator
0 likes

Quote by danadmin

Ive only checked my and 2 other moderator/admin profiles and none of us have that.

Charming as fuck
0 likes

Quote by simplyjohn

Ive only checked my and 2 other moderator/admin profiles and none of us have that.

I think it's an either or, between the mod status and the platinum status.

True Blue Aussie
0 likes

Quote by Jen

You are correct. I had "moderator" badge while I was a chat mod. That changed to "gold" after I stopped being a chat mod.

Site administrator
0 likes

Quote by Jen

Well that makes no sense. One badge relates to a members subscription status and the other denotes a site role. Shame thats circa 40 moderators/members who dont get the former then.

Writius Eroticus
0 likes

Quote by simplyjohn
Well that makes no sense

From a human perspective, maybe not. But if subscription status denotes access to certain site features (subscription and role combined) then, to the underlying tech, it does. Free, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Story/Chat Mod, Moderator, Admin. Each successive 'role' supplants the one below it.

That's my guess how it's set up. I don't know the nuts and bolts, so could be way off.

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find 111 full stories, 10 micro-stories, and 2 poems with the following features:

* 29 Editor's Picks, 74 Recommended Reads.
* 15 competition podium places, 10 other times in the top ten.
* 21 collaborations.
* A whole heap of often filthy, tense, hot sex.

Dirty Stop-out
0 likes

I noticed I lost my Omnium badge again. Is that because they introduced new categories since I received it?

I thought once we got the Omnium, we kept it, regardless of new categories?

also, my author count has been stuck at 100 since 13 stories ago

S x

2 competition winning stories, 1 Famous story, a smattering of Editor's Picks, a handful of Recommended Reads and one Clitorides award are scattered amongst my stories.

One of a handful of writers to get the Omnium badge for writing in every category

For a book club with a difference... try this lesbian romp

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes

Quote by deviantsusie

I noticed I lost my Omnium badge again. Is that because they introduced new categories since I received it?

I thought once we got the Omnium, we kept it, regardless of new categories?

also, my author count has been stuck at 100 since 13 stories ago

S x

i just looked at your profile - it says 113 stories. are you still reading 100 for you?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Voyeur @ f/64
0 likes

Quote by sprite

i just looked at your profile - it says 113 stories. are you still reading 100 for you?

Mine still shows 154 from the time of the move. Do you see 172 on my badge or just after the Stories link?

Her Royal Spriteness
1 like

Quote by kistinspencil

Mine still shows 154 from the time of the move. Do you see 172 on my badge or just after the Stories link?

your profile shows 172 and your badge shows 154. obviously a badge issue. i'll alert peeps smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Charming as fuck
0 likes

All badges and codings etc related to v1 of the website, not this version. Some of these issues will be addressed with the coming new profiles, but it might just be that some badges won't be in this version of lush. There will however be some new ones.

I don't know all the details yet, but until the new profiles are in place, nothing else will be done with badges.