WTF is wrong with the LBGT members

last reply
19 replies
2.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'd like know why this section has so few topics? They can be funny as well as serious. It just seems to make our community look vacuous. What makes it worse is straight members have no problem posting here. If you're here for the chatroom just give the forum go, you just might enjoy it.
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
You'll find that not just people in the LGBT community participate in this section. And not only heterosexual people participate in the other sections. This section was made simply to make people more comfortable with expressing themselves in either capacity....whenever they WANT to do so.

I understand your enthusiasm for participation here, but these things can't really be forced. Also, this section is fairly new...and maybe regular posters who were here before this section was created are just used to posting elsewhere. I'm not stating that as a fact, but it could be a reason.

And asking "WTF is wrong with the LGBT members?" isn't exactly the best way to go about encouraging participation. It just makes people feel obligated and even isolated...and that's not much fun.

What makes it worse is straight members have no problem posting here.

And I'm not sure how straight people posting here makes matters worse. Men post in Ask the Gals and women post in Ask the Guys. People not involved in the BDSM lifestyle post in the BDSM section. If anything, these subsections encourage mixing and mingling...they're just there for conversational cues.

This really isn't a gay vs. straight thing.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by slipperywhenwet2012
You'll find that not just people in the LGBT community participate in this section. And not only heterosexual people participate in the other sections. This section was made simply to make people more comfortable with expressing themselves in either capacity....whenever they WANT to do so.

I understand your enthusiasm for participation here, but these things can't really be forced. Also, this section is fairly new...and maybe regular posters who were here before this section was created are just used to posting elsewhere. I'm not stating that as a fact, but it could be a reason.

And asking "WTF is wrong with the LGBT members?" isn't exactly the best way to go about encouraging participation. It just makes people feel obligated and even isolated...and that's not much fun.

agreed
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by MonicaVon

agreed

You agree with every word? That's a cop out! I have no intention of alienating anybody, I enjoy reading all comments. I just happen to think that the forum is a fantastic place that is under used by the LGBT members. Even as I write this 22 people viewed but only 4 comments, I want everyone to say something, anything!
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
Quote by dpw

I just happen to think that the forum is a fantastic place that is under used by the LGBT members. Even as I write this 22 people viewed but only 4 comments, I want everyone to say something, anything!

The forum is far from under used by the LGBT members. They just don't limit themselves to the LGBT thread. Again..it's just an all-encompassing section and is mostly for a conversational cue. It's not a box.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

0 likes
I think that slippery is probably right, dpw. They are here but post liberally across the forums as we all do. If there was a topic of specific interest to that group, then they would post here but, to be honest, many of the topics that pop up here could just as easily be in Crowd-sourcing or Sex and Relationships (e.g."Where are you on the Kinsey scale?")

What topics do you want to see here that you think are missing? Open threads on some of them and see who responds.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by seeker4
I think that slippery is probably right, dpw. They are here but post liberally across the forums as we all do. If there was a topic of specific interest to that group, then they would post here but, to be honest, many of the topics that pop up here could just as easily be in Crowd-sourcing or Sex and Relationships (e.g."Where are you on the Kinsey scale?")

What topics do you want to see here that you think are missing? Open threads on some of them and see who responds.

I am, but I want others to do the same.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by dpw
What makes it worse is straight members have no problem posting here.

Quote by dpw

I have no intention of alienating anybody, I enjoy reading all comments.

Your first quote has already alienated me because I'm straight and have no problem posting here. I make it worse for you? Good.

Quote by dpw
I just happen to think that the forum is a fantastic place that is under used by the LGBT members. Even as I write this 22 people viewed but only 4 comments, I want everyone to say something, anything!

Do people need to prove their sexuality before being allowed to post here? Am I not allowed to ask questions or share experiences because my sexual preferences are different to yours? Your vehement suggestion that another member is copping out because she agrees with a previous poster makes you seem antagonistic and narrow-minded. I thought part of the point of forums like this was to help us widen our views and experiences. My bad.

Keep your thread, then. I don't want any part of it with an attitide like you've demonstrated here after this post. But I'm not so narrow-minded as to think all people of different sexualities have the same effect on the forum as you seem to think people of my sexuality do. So I'll contribute to other threads if I want to.

There's nothing wrong with being keen to encourage others, but your posts in this thread so far would make me want to run away if I was "allowed" to post without making it "worse" for you. I'd like to think this episode was a misunderstanding.

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
As long as all members are allowed to post do not see why anyone should be concerned with how frequently/infrequently any subset posts. A person's sexual orientation has no correlation to whether or not they post and if they post the frequency of posting.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

Do people need to prove their sexuality before being allowed to post here? Am I not allowed to ask questions or share experiences because my sexual preferences are different to yours? Your vehement suggestion that another member is copping out because she agrees with a previous poster makes you seem antagonistic and narrow-minded. I thought part of the point of forums like this was to help us widen our views and experiences. My bad.

Keep your thread, then. I don't want any part of it with an attitide like you've demonstrated here after this post. But I'm not so narrow-minded as to think all people of different sexualities have the same effect on the forum as you seem to think people of my sexuality do. So I'll contribute to other threads if I want to.

There's nothing wrong with being keen to encourage others, but your posts in this thread so far would make me want to run away if I was "allowed" to post without making it "worse" for you. I'd like to think this episode was a misunderstanding.

That quote has been clipped and taken out of context. If you read the whole thing I'm saying that in a LGBT forum don't seem to be bothered to post, THAT is what makes it worse. Take for instance Ask The Guys, if 80% of the posts were from girls surely it becomes Ask The Girls by default.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by dpw

You agree with every word? That's a cop out! I have no intention of alienating anybody, I enjoy reading all comments. I just happen to think that the forum is a fantastic place that is under used by the LGBT members. Even as I write this 22 people viewed but only 4 comments, I want everyone to say something, anything!

Yes I did. Telling me that I'm copping out by agreeing with reason is very.... interesting. I see that you're more interested in trying to prove your point than actually listen to what people are telling you. Have a good night.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Probably because they'd rather be part of the Lushstories community as a whole instead of just the LGBT Community in Lushstories.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Give the guy a break, he is just trying to get more like minded people to post here. Having said that, I also think that there is absolutely nothing wrong with straight people posting here.

By the way, how come there is no section to post gay pics, nor there is a possibility to open the section?
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by dpw

That quote has been clipped and taken out of context. If you read the whole thing I'm saying that in a LGBT forum don't seem to be bothered to post, THAT is what makes it worse. Take for instance Ask The Guys, if 80% of the posts were from girls surely it becomes Ask The Girls by default.

I clipped your post so that you could see what I was specifically referring to.

Since the title of your thread vociferously asks "what the fuck is wrong with the LBGT members (nothing, in my opinion, in the majority of cases), and your previous sentences of that quote had said that the lack of LBGT people posting made the forum look vacuous (a word with hugely negative connotations), quickly followed by the sentence I quoted, it naturally follows that it was meant negatively. It would be nice to think your enthusiasm had lead to your posting style being misread, but I've drawn a different conclusion from all your other responses, sadly.

So you think LBGT people haven't posted here because they "can't be bothered"? I can't answer that one for you, but I know how I'd feel about that assertion put like that.

As has already been pointed out to you, this is still a new section, just beginning to grow. It's good to see you taking the advice of a previous poster and starting up new threads.

But no, the "Ask the Guys" section does not make it "Ask the Girls" by default. It is still "Ask the Guys". A poster need only sift through the posts to start finding their answers. I welcome answers from anybody helpful, since their experiences have often been enriching. And since many Lush females on here are purported to be male anyway, that would make the reply posters in "Ask the Guys" 30% female (or thereabouts).

You'll be glad to know (as I am) that you and I are done here.

Quote by TonyZ

By the way, how come there is no section to post gay pics, nor there is a possibility to open the section?

Any sexy pictures can go in the Sexy Pics/Videos forum. http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_topics12_Sexy-Pics--Videos.aspx

However, general site rules apply, so no erections, explicit penetration, etc. If you want to share more hardcore photos, you can use the This is Hardcore forum. http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_topics50_Sexy-Pics.aspx

I don't believe there are any specifically gay threads yet, but I might be wrong (I don't visit that part of the site much), which is why there is a profusion of others, but feel free to change that if you would like. I'm happy to start off a thread for you if you wish.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

Any sexy pictures can go in the Sexy Pics/Videos forum. http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_topics12_Sexy-Pics--Videos.aspx

However, general site rules apply, so no erections, explicit penetration, etc. If you want to share more hardcore photos, you can use the This is Hardcore forum. http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_topics50_Sexy-Pics.aspx

I don't believe there are any specifically gay threads yet, but I might be wrong (I don't visit that part of the site much), which is why there is a profusion of others, but feel free to change that if you would like. I'm happy to start off a thread for you if you wish.

Oj were done but nt before I have the the ANTI SOCIAL poster, that is how yot describe yourself on your profile so it's public. Now let's go through your port or were you expecting me to run away from your vitriol (look it up)
1. No you clipped my post to make your point, don,t lie about it.
2. A thread can never be vociferous(look it up)
3. Vacuous(look it up) is neither negative or positive it is more akin to inertia.
4. I may be antagonistic at times but I'm never narrow minded.
5. You certainly can't talk for the LGBT community unless you're one of them, you don't know how you'd feel unless you were part of it.
6. Re-read my quote re Ask the Guys and then read it again and try and understand what I say. Duh! To make it really easier for you: if a question is asked in a guy forum and only girls answer then it doesn't give the guys' opinion.
You give me the feeling that you scan posts but don't digest them before you reply, I am not somebody who is easily intimidated, which is what you were trying to do. I think about what I post and yes sometimes it is controversial, that is to get people to think about a subject and share their thoughts
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

When I try to create a new thread or post pictures to an existing thread my button to upload pictures from my HD dissapears, and I do not know how to use the button to post a link.
Detention Seeker
0 likes
We do spread ourselfs around but we are around.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I will probably piss a lot of people off but when I read the tickler 'wtf is wrong...' I got to thinking in terms of 'error' instead of 'why don't people post here'. I wonder why we tend to have such thin skins, demand 'equality' when in fact we're demanding to be considered a 'protected class' like blacks and Hispanics. Deny it if you will but if you think about the self-anointed public spokespeople for us, do they really speak for you? I watched an episode of 'Ellen' where she moved into a new community and was immediately expected to devote her life to the 'gay cause' to the extent of using only 'gay-friendly' plumbers. My point is that she balked at the labeling and the social apartheid that seemed to be the thrust of the 'community organizers'. I too will balk at any attempts to push my succulent ass into anyone's bubble of proper gayness. If you disagree, please be civil. I'm sick of the hysterics that seem to surround any debate these days. And just because i'm young, don't discount my words or dismiss my opinions. I'm a college senior, a friggin' genius, and more importantly, I can think for myself.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by TonyZ

When I try to create a new thread or post pictures to an existing thread my button to upload pictures from my HD dissapears, and I do not know how to use the button to post a link.

Hmmm, that's odd. You have enough posts (over twenty) to add those things now. I would try clearing your cache and cookies, and attempting it again. Then try using the Contact Us button: http://www.lushstories.com/contact-us.aspx Good luck!

Sorry for the off-topic post.

Lurker
0 likes
I find this thread interesting. The forum as a whole can have large amounts of members visiting at any given time, yet most read the threads or do other things. Not everyone feels the need to post on every thread they read, less so if others have already expressed things they were thinking or feel. Also, as others have pointed out, this is only as section of the forum, and NOT a segregation or seclusion area. The BDSM section is another section which sees limited traffic compared to the other area.. but that does not mean members who participate in that lifestyle (or even just play at it now and again) are somehow not being represented on the forum or they are not participating. Most of the members that post in the specialty sections post a LOT more in the general ones.

There is nothing "wrong" with the LBGT members. Post a thread/topic they might want to participate in and they will post; and DO, just like anyplace else on the forum. And people of all sexual orientations, as well as both sexes, post in ALL sections freely. The forum is about inclusion and sharing, not about exclusion and isolation. The forum sections are merely to help people find areas of interest or discussions of interest easier, not to to form cliques and isolated groups.