What's better?

last reply
13 replies
2.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Is it better to do the right thing with the wrong person? or he wrong thing with the right person? Don't ask what I mean, it is a philosophical question to be interpreted freely... I am just curious about your answers.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by TonyZ
Is it better to do the right thing with the wrong person? or he wrong thing with the right person? Don't ask what I mean, it is a philosophical question to be interpreted freely... I am just curious about your answers.

I once did the wrong thing with the right person.
I've often done the right thing with the wrong person.
Neither were good but I regret the former the most.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
As you said Tony, this can be interpreted as a lot of ways.

But to me, it all comes down to choosing between doing 'something right' vs doing 'something wrong'... with a certain person. So I choose 'doing the right thing with the wrong person'.

I did the right thing, it can't be that wrong, doesn't it? Even if it's with the wrong person...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy
As you say Tony, this can be interpreted as a lot of ways.

But to me, it all comes down to choosing between doing 'something right' vs doing 'something wrong'... with a certain person. So I choose 'doing the right thing with the wrong person'.

I did the right thing, it can't be that wrong, doesn't it? Even if it's with the wrong person...

Some guy, maybe a vet, is begging in the street and he looks starving. You give him money which he uses to buy heroin, overdoses and dies. You did the right thing with the wrong person.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by dpw

Some guy, maybe a vet, is begging in the street and he looks starving. You give him money which he uses to buy heroin, overdoses and dies. You did the right thing with the wrong person.

I didn't do the right thing if it turned out that wrong.

Or at least I did a right action, which has a lot more chance to lead to something right than a wrong action. Not that I think that giving money to bums is always the right thing to do anyway...
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Actually, maybe Tony implied something different...

Is the 'right thing with the wrong person' having boring sex with a perfect stranger, and the 'wrong thing with the right person' having wild sex with my soulmate?

Then I choose the latter. Hands down.

"Hmm, I'm gonna fuck you hard, call you a slut, lick your anus, then cum all over your boobs. This is so fucking wrong!"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Before I begin to answer, let me tell you that there is no right or no wrong answer... that is why it is a philosophical question with no particular constraints.

Quote by SereneProdigy

When you feel sick do you search for a veterinary to talk about your illness? LOL

Quote by SereneProdigy
"Hmm, I'm gonna fuck you hard, call you a slut, lick your anus, then cum all over your boobs. This is so fucking wrong!"

To me there is nothing wrong with that statement... what's wrong about enjoying sex between two consenting adults? no matter the kink, it will never be wrong... especially if, as stated, you do it with the person you love!!! Could it be that you think that what you described is wrong because society has made you think that way? and if that is true, perhaps me having sex with a person of my same gender may also be considered as doing the right thing with the wrong person. But I do not believe that neither case is true. Have you ever heard the phrase that says: "How can it be so wrong, if it feels so right?".

I suggest that you talk to your soul mate about what you really want and like. I am sure you will be surprised about how similar your tastes are to hers.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by TonyZ
When you feel sick do you search for a veterinary to talk about your illness? LOL

No, that would be the wrong thing to do, with a person that's neither right or wrong, but simply inappropriate given the circumstances.

Quote by TonyZ
To me there is nothing wrong with that statement... what's wrong about enjoying sex between two consenting adults? no matter the kink, it will never be wrong... especially if, as stated, you do it with the person you love!!! Could it be that you think that what you described is wrong because society has made you think that way? and if that is true, perhaps me having sex with a person of my same gender may also be considered as doing the right thing with the wrong person. But I do not believe that neither case is true. Have you ever heard the phrase that says: "How can it be so wrong, if it feels so right?".

I suggest that you talk to your soul mate about what you really want and like. I am sure you will be surprised about how similar your tastes are to hers.

I meant this as sarcasm. In fact, a lot of people (myself included) enjoy some practices because it feels nasty, forbidden... and wrong. According to the societal meaning of it, as you mentioned, not the moral one.

And my partners have never been reluctant to my kinks, especially after a certain level of confidence was established. Most, if not all of my kinks are rather basic and common anyway. Plus, I still haven't found my soulmate. I guess I just keep doing 'random things with random persons'.

Quote by TonyZ
Could it be that you think that what you described is wrong because society has made you think that way? and if that is true, perhaps me having sex with a person of my same gender may also be considered as doing the right thing with the wrong person. But I do not believe that neither case is true.

I kinda figured out this was what you had in mind when asking the initial question. In my humble opinion, for you, having sex with a person of your own gender that you love would be doing the right thing with the right person.

But to be honest... I don't really enjoy those 'philosophical' questions. They're just too vague and always lead to endlessly defining terms and interpreting syntax. One could literally write a 1000 pages essay simply defining the terms 'right' and 'wrong'.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Nether It's better to do the rite thing with the rite person. Even if it's in the wrong place. At the wrong time. Err I think.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
i do the best for me,am happy whit man and whit girl its ok but i love suck cock
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Wrong thing with the right person. If they truly are the right person it'll work out
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by TonyZ

To answer directly first off, it's always better to do the right thing with the wrong person. Surely, it's always better to do the right thing in any given situation?

Is this what I would do? Or what I think others would do? No
We are inherently selfish beings in pursuit of our own happiness or the happiness of the select few we feel close to in our lives. For personal gratification, I would probably do the wrong thing with the right person because that person and the connection I have with them would outweigh the negative of doing the wrong thing.

Did that make any sense at all?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You know what is right and wrong for you. If you are hurting and hurt someone else. You know that is wrong. When you love someone and stand by the person through everything. You feel good knowing someone loves and cares about you
Have lots of fun
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You could, or do the right thing with the right person