Login

Shaving

last reply
6 replies
1.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
Is there any cure for those irritating bumps. My hair is so coarse that I have to shave daily and with these damn bumps I'm afraid I'm never gonna get my legs to be silky smooth, not to mention that versensative area from the top to the bottom of my hips
Rookie Scribe
I have very sensitive skin, as well. I tend to shave at least every other day, if I don't want ingrown hairs. What I have found works well, for me is the following. First, making sure that the hair is softened in the shower. (or bath, if you prefer) That basically means shaving last. I use a shave gel. But I also find that making sure that my razor is really sharp is probably the most imortant thing. Even if that means I've only used it a time or two. Lastly, I usually use massage oil on the skin after I've showered, rather than a lotion. I find that it soaks into the skin better. Bath and Body Works sells very nice smelling, quickly absorbing ones. Anyhow, hope this helps!
Quote by Geri66
Is there any cure for those irritating bumps. My hair is so coarse that I have to shave daily and with these damn bumps I'm afraid I'm never gonna get my legs to be silky smooth, not to mention that versensative area from the top to the bottom of my hips

Try hair conditioner instead of shaving cream/foam! Silky smooth! Then lots of cocoa butter smile
Active Ink Slinger
I have very little hair to begin with but I use pure silk shaving cream for my body and the only place I have any bump problems in around my crotch area and found that if after shaving and using moisturizers' that if I use my Dove powder scent deodorant in that area then rub it in I don't get bumps as often.
Active Ink Slinger
I try to shave my body as often as I can. I start with a machine that is meant for shaving heads. Works well. Then I used to use a wet shave, but that is not too good on my balls. So I bought an electric shaver and I can shave my whole body and is perfect.
Active Ink Slinger
I am shaved right now and it feels perfect.
Active Ink Slinger
i wax some places, shave over places and neatly trim others lol