Gay Weddings Vs. Hetero Weddings

last reply
13 replies
1.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
What are the differences between gay and hetero weddings? Would you marry dressed in white or black? How about your boyfriend/girlfriend? Do colors mean anything in gay weddings?
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
we got married last december in Seattle... we'd kind of talked it out, and wanted family to be there, and had a date set, but with the holidays (it was right before christmas) and family and work, adding a wedding to it just kind of put the stress level thru the roof, so... ended up just dressing warm, driving down town with a few friends, and doing the deed with no fanfare. really, in retrospect, it wouldn't have made any difference if we'd dressed up, down a party, decorated, or anything - it would have been no more magical then that moment - colors, dresses, that stuff you forget, but you never forget that moment, at least i won't. smile

btw, had we done it fancy, i'd have gone for it being colorful - no black and white.... my wife looks amazing in red heart

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

0 likes
Have not been to any gay weddings yet even though I'm a member of a church that does them (they've been legal in Canada since 2005) and I do know some married gay and lesbian couples. Interested to hear what people have to say.
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
I don't think there are any differences. Both hetero and homosexual couples alike either go the traditional route or do their own thing.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by sprite
we got married last december in Seattle... we'd kind of talked it out, and wanted family to be there, and had a date set, but with the holidays (it was right before christmas) and family and work, adding a wedding to it just kind of put the stress level thru the roof, so... ended up just dressing warm, driving down town with a few friends, and doing the deed with no fanfare. really, in retrospect, it wouldn't have made any difference if we'd dressed up, down a party, decorated, or anything - it would have been no more magical then that moment - colors, dresses, that stuff you forget, but you never forget that moment, at least i won't. smile

btw, had we done it fancy, i'd have gone for it being colorful - no black and white.... my wife looks amazing in red heart

Awwwww

I have no idea, but I'd like to get married one day. I'd look okay in a white dress I reckon.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by TonyZ
What are the differences between gay and hetero weddings? Would you marry dressed in white or black? How about your boyfriend/girlfriend? Do colors mean anything in gay weddings?

I would imagine that one difference would be that a lot less male family members would try to catch the garter the groom throws behind his head.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I went to a gay wedding once. It was summery beachside so the guys both wore white and cream/sand linen type stuff - still on the casual side but stylish. They didn't wear matching outfits or anything, but just complementary colours. Their wedding accent colours were light blue and chocolate. The whole thing was really nice - informal yet breezy/fun.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sprite

Congratulations. Sending you a Williams and Sonoma toaster. (smile)

I have been to some and I don't see the difference. Maybe its a little more poignant.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

I would imagine that one difference would be that a lot less male family members would try to catch the garter the groom throws behind his head.

ROTFLMGAO!!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sprite

Rachel sweetie, once again congratulations... by the way, you mentioned that Kate looks amazing in red, what color would you wear if you had the chance to repeat it?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Liz

Awwwww

I have no idea, but I'd like to get married one day. I'd look okay in a white dress I reckon.

Honey, your day will come... we all deserve to get married and live a happy life smile
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by TonyZ

Rachel sweetie, once again congratulations... by the way, you mentioned that Kate looks amazing in red, what color would you wear if you had the chance to repeat it?

i had a dream dress picked out, but it was really only that. it was white. here's the picture.

otherwise, i look good in blues, preferably lighter shades - if i could get the above in a pale blue, it would be perfect.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sprite
otherwise, i look good in blues, preferably lighter shades - if i could get the above in a pale blue, it would be perfect.

aww honey, I am sure that you looked absolutely stunning on that very special day, and that in Kate's eyes she had the most beautiful bride in the whole wide world
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I have been fortunate to go to two gay weddings. The first was a super cool, laid back affair in Sweden a few years ago. This was probably the most unconventional wedding I've been to. The grooms wore matching shirts and shorts and the reception was in the most gloriously green forest I've ever seen.
At the second wedding the the brides wore none matching white vintage dresses. The day was far more traditional than first, but was also the most romantic and enjoyable weddings I've ever experienced. The sense of friendship and love was overwhelming.