Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Are phallic sex toys "anti-lesbian"?

last reply
34 replies
4.1k views
0 watchers
1 like
I had an interesting conversation with a friend of mine the other day regarding lesbians and the use of sex toys and I wondered if the opinions put forward were shared by the wider community.

She discovered she was lesbian in her early thirties after a string of unsuccessful heterosexual relationships. Her partner has only ever been in same sex relationships. While she uses a sex toy on herself, its banned from the bed when they are together - as her partner puts it "I don't want to share my bed with a man, not even a pretend one".

Are lesbians who use sex toys actually bisexual? Or at the least bi-curious? How do you feel about the use of toys in lesbian stories?
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
I would think it depends on the mental state of the person. Similar to how just because a man likes anal play does not make him homosexual by default or even bisexual. A man can enjoy anal play by himself or from his WOMAN and not want it from a man. Some however, are gay or bi, but it is not a default. I think the same would be true for females. Some might be bisexual, and others might just like the stimulation the activity and toy provides without the mental connection of it being a "man" thing. Heck, even fingers are "phallic" in a way.

I have found that when it comes to homosexuality, it is normally the females who get militant and hateful of the opposite sex. Males don't seem to really have that issue. I have NO idea why it is like that for some women though... it is really unappealing, even if you are not sexually attracted to them. It is a negative that is simply toxic. And it sounds like the woman you describe is that type.
Lesbianism or any sexual orientation is based on what gender you're attracted to, physically or emotionally. It has nothing to do with the type of sex you prefer. The desire to be penetrated doesn't cloud the desire to be with women and only women. If that were the case, gay men who only top could be considered "anti-gay".

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Well, a girl can't really fuck herself with a donut shaped dildo, can she?
Quote by JohnC
I would think it depends on the mental state of the person. Similar to how just because a man likes anal play does not make him homosexual by default or even bisexual. A man can enjoy anal play by himself or from his WOMAN and not want it from a man. Some however, are gay or bi, but it is not a default. I think the same would be true for females. Some might be bisexual, and others might just like the stimulation the activity and toy provides without the mental connection of it being a "man" thing. Heck, even fingers are "phallic" in a way.

Seems like you have put a lot of thought into this. Lots of late nights wondering.

Quote by JohnC

I have found that when it comes to homosexuality, it is normally the females who get militant and hateful of the opposite sex. Males don't seem to really have that issue. I have NO idea why it is like that for some women though... it is really unappealing, even if you are not sexually attracted to them. It is a negative that is simply toxic. And it sounds like the woman you describe is that type.

What do you base this claim on? You would have to spend considerable time with gay men to come to this conclusion. What a ridiculously naive blanket statement about lesbians this is.
Quote by Magical_felix
Well, a girl can't really fuck herself with a donut shaped dildo, can she?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Quote by sprite

Those don't count! Those look like wangs.
Quote by Magical_felix

Those don't count! Those look like wangs.

funny, i don't see the resemblence...

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Quote by Magical_felix

What do you base this claim on? You would have to spend considerable time with gay men to come to this conclusion. What a ridiculously naive blanket statement about lesbians this is.

From watching people in general and how they act. It also was not a blanket statement nor naive at all. I did not say ALL, but in all honesty the only homosexuals I have ever seen to be militant and show animosity toward the opposite sex (and even an outright hatred) have been lesbians. This is not some strange and unheard of statement or observation. It also, again, does not speak for all lesbians... far from it. I hope that cleared that up for you.
Quote by sprite

funny, i don't see the resemblence...

...........I see a big head on a slim body.

Funny.
Quote by JohnC

From watching people in general and how they act. It also was not a blanket statement nor naive at all. I did not say ALL, but in all honesty the only homosexuals I have ever seen to be militant and show animosity toward the opposite sex (and even an outright hatred) have been lesbians. This is not some strange and unheard of statement or observation. It also, again, does not speak for all lesbians... far from it. I hope that cleared that up for you.

*nods* and usually, that animosity is totally unfounded. bluntly, while i don't take that attitude myself, i totally understand why it exists, knowing that i COULD take it and be somewhat justified, given my experiences with those of the weaker sex. (oh, yeah, i went there. )

Quote by JohnC

It's incredibly naive. If naivety was an Olympic sport you'd be Michael fuckin' Phelps. You'd be on the cover of naivies breakfast cereal with all 14 your massively naive gold medals.

You are basically saying that woman are the only ones capable of hating the opposite sex. That sounds like a hateful statement. You are saying men are not capable of hating women. That is a blanket statement.

Again, you must be hanging around a whole lot of loving, happy-go-lucky gay men to come to this conclusion... So you're sticking to your insanely prejudiced statement that gay men are not capable of hating women and gay women are capable of hating men?

Sounds like you hate women.
Quote by Magical_felix

It's incredibly naive. If naivety was an Olympic sport you'd be Michael fuckin' Phelps. You'd be on the cover of naivies breakfast cereal with all 14 your massively naive gold medals.

You are basically saying that woman are the only ones capable of hating the opposite sex. That sounds like a hateful statement. You are saying men are not capable of hating women. That is a blanket statement.

Again, you must be hanging around a whole lot of loving, happy-go-lucky gay men to come to this conclusion... So you're sticking to your insanely prejudiced statement that gay men are not capable of hating women and gay women are capable of hating men?

Sounds like you hate women.

I am not basically saying anything of the sort and you know it. And I didn't make the claims or statements you are trying to say I am. You however sure do make a lot of assumptions, false claims, personal insults, and put a lot of focus on me. LOL With that, go ahead and continue with your childishness...... I will just sit back and laugh at you.
Quote by JohnC

I am not basically saying anything of the sort and you know it. And I didn't make the claims or statements you are trying to say I am.

Quote by JohnC
but in all honesty the only homosexuals I have ever seen to be militant and show animosity toward the opposite sex (and even an outright hatred) have been lesbians.

^ That's what you said. I don't see how that statement can be taken out of context. It's pretty clear what you said.

Quote by JohnC

You however sure do make a lot of assumptions, false claims, personal insults, and put a lot of focus on me. LOL With that, go ahead and continue with your childishness......

If it feels like I'm targeting you personally it is because you, personally, said what you said. No one else said it.

Don't say stupid shit if you don't like it.

Quote by JohnC

I will just sit back and laugh at you.

Sounds more like you're sitting back with your butt hurting to be honest.
Quote by Magical_felix

blah blah blah blah blah

LOL Looks like I struck a nerve.

Quote by JohnC

LOL Looks like I struck a nerve.

That's like a pitcher saying he struck a nerve with the batter after the batter hits a home run. LOL

Quote by JohnC

Is that the pose you do in the mirror before you stick your thumbs up your ass then meditate afterwords on wether it was gay or not?
Quote by Magical_felix

blah blah blah blah blah blah

You still talking?

OH... THERE you are!
Quote by JohnC
You still talking?

Yes, I think it's funny how aggravated you get.

Quote by JohnC

OH... THERE you are!

When you remove your thumb from your ass and you pull out a plum. Is that what the plum says?

Quote by Magical_felix

blah blah blah blah blah blah

Quote by JohnC

That's funny. Like how you just ...take it.

Quote by Magical_felix

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

I wonder if he will come back and post again......

Too easy......
Quote by Liz

Excellent discussion, well done everyone.
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber

Hilarious - sprite is a funny girl, and I think I will keep clear of felix

Really enjoyed that - what other forums are you two on
Kiss me and be done with it. You know you want to.