Login

11.19.22 Club Q

last reply
2 replies
2 watchers
0 likes
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes

last night, shortly before midnight, a gunman entered Club Q, an lgbtq nightclub in Colorado Springs. He murdered 5 people. 18 more were wounded. He survivied. Today is TDoR - Trans day of remembrance. my heart is broken. in other states people - politicians, for god's sake (i'm looking at you, Idaho) call for the execution of lgtbq folk. through no fault of our own we are being thrust into a war. a while back i applied for a CC license. I got one. i never bought a gun. that was never the intent. just to see how easy it would be for someone like me to get one. today we are going gun shopping. this is what we have become. i am angry and sad and scared for myself and the people i love. for all the pitfalls of the democratic party that people are more than happy to point out, this is not their doing. this rests solely on the GOP.

i hate to make it political, but it IS political. republicans created laws aimed solely at the LGBTQ community. fostering hate and bigotry and prejudice. at some point there's a breaking point. this is mine. not looking for prayers or sympathy. it's past that. looking for allies. it's time to choose a side and do whatever you can to end this. think about how you voted in the last election. take a hard look at who you give money to. think of ways to support those who are at risk.

peace and love,

Rachel

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Easily amused
0 likes

This is the town I live in. Nightmarish. I woke up to it, and all morning it has filled my newsfeed. I keep checking FB as friends check in safe. I pray no one I know was there.

I don't even know what to do anymore. Putting a "standing with LGBTQ+" badge on a Facebook profile seems so wildly inadequate, it's like an insult.

Tintinnabulation - first place (Free Spirit)
Comet Q - second place (Quick and Risqué Sex)
Amnesia - third place (Le Noir Erotique)

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Why can't people live their lives in peace? Everyone should be able to live the way that makes them Happy. I have many LGBTQ friends and they are no different than any other persons. It's a Sad World we live in Today.