Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

With mine craft 2 being announced. I think I am done as a gamer.

last reply
13 replies
2.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I freaking hate mine craft
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
So don't play it. Not sure how it's existence is a reason to quit something you obviously love.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

0 likes
The problem with Minecraft is that it is now owned by Microsoft which means they'll either overdo it and ruin it or succeed but overhype it to the point where people stop caring. I suspect it was really better off as a smaller-scale operation but I guess Markus Persson (the original creator and found of Mojang, the developer) had other things he wanted to do so when MS came calling with lots (and lots and lots) of cash, he took the money and ran.
Lurker
0 likes
He did sell out. I tried playing it. It just sucks.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Kind of agree with sprite on this. The existence of a game that I despise has no bearing on my enjoyment of games that I do in fact enjoy.

I enjoyed mine craft for its creativity and exploring aspect, but like most things eventually got boring. As for a minecraft2, I don't see how they can improve on it more than what competitors such as space engineers are already doing. But to blame Microsoft, na, these are the same guys that bought my favorite gaming company bungie. Then they released the series Halo. You would most likely not even know what halo is, had it not been for Microsoft, as originally it was to be a Mac only game.

Disappointment is part of being a gamer, like most things there is a ton of garbage for each golden nugget you find.

Keep you head up Nerdy
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have Minecraft for the Xbox and though I do enjoy the sandbox aspect of it, I really don't see a point in doing a Minecraft 2. The biggest thing that I didn't like about Minecraft was the Voxel graphic style. Now, as a gamer, I have never been a big "graphics are super important" type of person. However, with games like Minecraft and Terraria, they look like they game straight off the Super Nintendo. If there is one thing I would hope MS does to improve Minecraft, it would be to give it more modern day graphics.

As I was finishing this post, I thought of something else I would like to see added: machines. Something to help making the mining more modern, maybe allow solar panels, or something that can fly or drive, and other cool technology.
~EMP2~
Lurker
0 likes
From what I read, it will be the same damn game. Kind of just pointless. Don't they update the game every Week?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
And therein lies the problems with sequels nowadays, no real innovation. Sure, most take what works (if it ain't broke, don't fix it) and just adds more of it. For me, that's not a sequel...that's just an expansion. Maybe I'm just nostalgic for the way gaming felt to me when I was growing up.....either way, I still don't see the point in a minecraft 2.
~EMP2~
Madam Carol
0 likes
I don't know what mine craft is but I kinda feel after reading the comments I am fortunate not to.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Minecraft itself is a good game, and has pretty frequent updates. What exactly is new in "Minecraft 2"? Why not just call it a major update?

Oh, right. You can't charge for updates
Don't let them haters get you down. You are you. And YOU are beautiful!

Latest: My Oddesy 2 - Liam
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am loosing interest in gaming
Bullet Club For Life
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Castle4coochie
I am loosing interest in gaming

I have found myself going back to older games. For instance, I recently re-installed my copy of Star Wars: Rebellion for the pc. A simple, RTS style game for Star Wars. Sometimes it is best to go back to classic games when there was more than just "graphics" and "multiplayer" to argue over.
~EMP2~
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Emporer2

I have found myself going back to older games. For instance, I recently re-installed my copy of Star Wars: Rebellion for the pc. A simple, RTS style game for Star Wars. Sometimes it is best to go back to classic games when there was more than just "graphics" and "multiplayer" to argue over.
I remember that game. It was fun.
Bullet Club For Life