Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

What are your impressions or opinions on the new xbox one?

last reply
12 replies
2.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
I haven't played with one, though I have a few friends that bought a PS4 and I assume that they look pretty similar; I've never noticed much of a difference between the PS3 and the Xbox-360 in terms of graphics/gameplay.

The graphics are awesome of course, this is completely insane. Having said that, I'm only a casual player and the only incentive I'd have to buy one would be to play Arkham Knight (being released on June 23, 2015). I only bought an Xbox-360 a few years ago because it was available for around $140, I'll probably only buy an Xbox One in a few years if it's on a huge sale like that. Otherwise, investing $500 just to play one game would be kinda foolish.

It sucks that I won't be able to see the final chapter of this awesome series until a few years though, haha:

Lurker
0 likes
I got an XBox One, and all the updating and installing seemed to take a long time. And while it was doing that, the controls were stuck on the music page. I fell asleep waiting for updates for GTA 5 and I don't know if it's normal for it to take so long for the updates and installation of one game!!

So far, not too impressed.

This is my first gaming platform.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've recently acquired a PS3 and while I've never been inclined towards Xbox of any generation. I've read about it. And based on what I've read I think that the creators started out with the idea "Hey, lets make a gaming console that does gaming and everything else."

And what they ended up creating was "Hey, we made a gaming console that does everything else, EXCEPT gaming"
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Barbielicious
I got an XBox One, and all the updating and installing seemed to take a long time. And while it was doing that, the controls were stuck on the music page. I fell asleep waiting for updates for GTA 5 and I don't know if it's normal for it to take so long for the updates and installation of one game!!

So far, not too impressed.

This is my first gaming platform.

Of the current generation, I have a PS4 and Wii U so cannot tell you specifics about the Xbox One. However, what I can say is that big, time-consuming updates are not uncommon.

When I first put in Destiny, there was a 38GB update waiting for me. It took about six hours to download, something that wasn’t helped by it randomly stopping twice, and then another hour to install. All in all, it was about seven hours before I could play that game – and it isn’t even that good!

Still, once you’ve got the initial install of a game out of the way (and they don't all take that long!), you can set the PS4 to automatically download and install future updates either in the background or when it’s in Rest Mode (basically switched off). I’m guessing that the Xbox One is pretty similar.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Varrick

Of the current generation, I have a PS4 and Wii U so cannot tell you specifics about the Xbox One. However, what I can say is that big, time-consuming updates are not uncommon.

When I first put in Destiny, there was a 38GB update waiting for me. It took about six hours to download, something that wasn’t helped by it randomly stopping twice, and then another hour to install. All in all, it was about seven hours before I could play that game – and it isn’t even that good!

Thank you, John. I didn't know it would have the "extra non-gaming" crap. Lmao.

I'm sure (I hope anyway) that once the games I want to play are totally installed, it will be a lot more fun?

I'm in the Trials Fusion game and I make my own track? Is there anyway to bypass making one?
Lurker
0 likes
Once a game is installed, in the future it should just be a case of putting in the disk and playing it. There will be periodic updates designed to smooth out bugs in the game or add content, but like I said, after the hassle of the first time, you should be able to set the console to download and install that stuff automatically without you noticing it happening.

For example, I was playing Fallout 4 the other day, and as I was doing that it automatically downloaded and installed an update for Star Wars: Battlefront. I’m pretty sure the Xbox One will work in a similar fashion. So yep, once the initial install is done it should be a whole lot more fun!

As for Trials Fusion, I’m afraid I’ve never played it. But as it’s a racing game, there should be some sort of Instant Action, Career Mode or Track Selection that will let you get to the action without creating tracks your own. I hope that helps…
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Varrick
Once a game is installed, in the future it should just be a case of putting in the disk and playing it. There will be periodic updates designed to smooth out bugs in the game or add content, but like I said, after the hassle of the first time, you should be able to set the console to download and install that stuff automatically without you noticing it happening.

For example, I was playing Fallout 4 the other day, and as I was doing that it automatically downloaded and installed an update for Star Wars: Battlefront. I’m pretty sure the Xbox One will work in a similar fashion. So yep, once the initial install is done it should be a whole lot more fun!

As for Trials Fusion, I’m afraid I’ve never played it. But as it’s a racing game, there should be some sort of Instant Action, Career Mode or Track Selection that will let you get to the action without creating tracks your own. I hope that helps…

thank you, John.
Lurker
0 likes
Be careful where you buy it, I wasn't allowed to bring it back because it opened.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Barbielicious
Be careful where you buy it, I wasn't allowed to bring it back because it opened.

I assume things didn't become any more fun?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Varrick

I assume things didn't become any more fun?

I can't switch between games very well. It goes to music. I'm stuck with it now.

So, anyone buying a new XboxOne from certain (if not all places) places, be damn sure that's what you want because you can't return it if it's been opened and you changed your mind.
Lurker
0 likes
Other than maybe you aren’t properly closing down one game before starting another, I have absolutely no idea what could be causing that problem. But even then, I don’t see why that would take you to the music app. It does seem strange. Sorry I can’t be of more help. I hope you figure it out.